Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Championship Week

On 12/3/2022 at 7:55 PM, JohnJayJay said:

…which is crazy for a conference title contender. I say this as a Fresno fan with full envy: you guys win so much and so often, with nary a losing season in between successful ones, that your fan base has become a victim of its own success. It’s like unless you guys go 13-0 and make an access bowl or whatever, it’s a disappointment. I wish we had your problems lol 

Yeah. We have a lot of that in our fanbase. Clinging to 2010 or it's a complete bust. It's really irritating. 

On 12/3/2022 at 6:38 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

24/37k? It looked about 65% full to me. It was cold and Boise hasn’t excited the fan base much this year.

CCGs are tough.  You start from zero and only have a week or two to sell tickets.

It was a good atmosphere there today.

On 12/3/2022 at 8:54 PM, CPslograd said:

CCGs are tough.  You start from zero and only have a week or two to sell tickets.

It was a good atmosphere there today.

I'm not sure sure moving to a neutral location would be a great option. A bunch of empty seats in a great location looks terrible. Our conference has a lot of geographic distance between members, probably more than any other conference. 

On 12/3/2022 at 6:36 PM, JADogs05 said:

Not directly responsive to your post, but re: the Kaepernick comparisons:

Kaepernick seemed quicker and like a better athlete overall, though green is probably faster over 40-50 yards. 

Kaepernick was also a dangerous thrower from day 1, when he came in against Fresno state down like 42-17 and, in a matter of two quarters, brought the game to something like 49-42. I think a few weeks later he went into multiple overtimes against an elite Boise state offense. 

IMO kaepernick was ahead of where Green is at this point, but there’s no reason why Green can’t be an all conference qb for several years. 

The 4 OT game was the next week in his first start. Crazy fun game.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/3/2022 at 8:30 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The 4 OT game was the next week in his first start. Crazy fun game.

I remember texting my friend that he was going to terrorize the conference for four years watching that game. Truly a special player. 

On 12/3/2022 at 11:03 PM, tailingpermit said:

Thank god it’s 80 degrees here and I’m fishing on Monday.  

72CD2ED4-B474-4B90-BEA7-AEA56246C7B5.jpeg

What are you fishing for? I got a couple 90lb bluefin last weekend. Here in SD picking up from the fish processor this weekend. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 12/3/2022 at 9:55 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Fresno fans being Fresno fans.

Fvcking idiots. We have more than our fair share…

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

It will be interesting to see how many Fresno players declare for the draft and opt out of the bowl game. This team is so injury prone it wouldn't surprise me if at least half of them including Haener declare for the draft and skip the bowl game. All Haener wanted was the title and he got it, he's already played and beaten PAC12 schools before. Watch it be our luck that we draw UCLA or Oregon State as our bowl game opponent. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 12/4/2022 at 5:27 AM, ridgeview2 said:

It will be interesting to see how many Fresno players declare for the draft and opt out of the bowl game. This team is so injury prone it wouldn't surprise me if at least half of them including Haener declare for the draft and skip the bowl game. All Haener wanted was the title and he got it, he's already played and beaten PAC12 schools before. Watch it be our luck that we draw UCLA or Oregon State as our bowl game opponent. 

It’s going to be Washington State. And he’ll play. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 12/3/2022 at 4:03 PM, Ishoot2thrill said:

I know it’s been said a million times but the blue field looks so bad on TV. From some angles with the sun hitting it it is terrible.

I’m not saying this as a troll or anything. It just feels so small time and doesn’t match BSU’s reputation imho.

BSU fans may commence berating me about it.

That Smurf Turf is why they will never get into the New 12 or PAC.

That Smurf crap stain coupled with Blue Unis is hard on Old Guy eyes

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/3/2022 at 4:06 PM, Spot50B said:

I think it has to be stated that neither of these teams are very good. Fun game to watch for a defensive battle though.

Troy and Tulane would bitch slap these squads.

This seasons MW tank balances out last seasons strong showing.

Americans Mayor

On 12/3/2022 at 5:13 PM, tailingpermit said:

Congratulations, Fresno!!!!

Hoping you kick the living shit out of the PAC 12 opponent in the LA Bowl!

They will get beat down by Wazzu.

This Conference is weak sauce.

Americans Mayor

On 12/3/2022 at 9:27 PM, bornontheblue said:

I'm not sure sure moving to a neutral location would be a great option. A bunch of empty seats in a great location looks terrible. Our conference has a lot of geographic distance between members, probably more than any other conference. 

Same as the PAC.

I think if it's in Vegas, the fans will travel.

I was surprised to see the empty seats up in the corners and end zone. Was it just to cold ?

Aztec fans wouldn't travel to Carson for a CCG. The MW should perma ban SDSU from hosting a CCG.

Americans Mayor

On 12/4/2022 at 9:20 AM, Spaztecs said:

Same as the PAC.

I think if it's in Vegas, the fans will travel.

I was surprised to see the empty seats up in the corners and end zone. Was it just to cold ?

Aztec fans wouldn't travel to Carson for a CCG. The MW should perma ban SDSU from hosting a CCG.

I was gonna say there was no hype but Boise drew even less for a ranked vs ranked 2018 matchup (i just checked), so, i dunno.