Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Championship Week

On 12/4/2022 at 8:58 AM, Spaztecs said:

That Smurf Turf is why they will never get into the New 12 or PAC.

That Smurf crap stain coupled with Blue Unis is hard on Old Guy eyes

I believe it. I understand that people are attached to it, but it really should go at some point. They don't need the gimmick.

I'm not that old (I think, I'm under 40) and it just looked so bad yesterday. Particularly on some angles. It was rough.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:45 AM, Ishoot2thrill said:

I believe it. I understand that people are attached to it, but it really should go at some point. They don't need the gimmick.

I'm not that old (I think, I'm under 40) and it just looked so bad yesterday. Particularly on some angles. It was rough.

I guess the margin between gimmick and brand is subjective and thin. I think it’s a brand for Boise. The blue turf and the trick plays that Boise used to prison shank everybody with really encapsulated the Boise golden age under Hawkins, Perersen, etc. 

On 12/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, JADogs05 said:

I guess the margin between gimmick and brand is subjective and thin. I think it’s a brand for Boise. The blue turf and the trick plays that Boise used to prison shank everybody with really encapsulated the Boise golden age under Hawkins, Perersen, etc. 

I can see it being part of their brand too. I don’t mean to say gimmick in a derogatory way. Mostly that I imagine that is how other “big time” schools and conferences see it.

I guess my point was I don’t think they need it, since their on field results do more for their brand and they’ve had some consistency. Although they’ve had more stumbles in the MWC than I remember in the WAC.

Anyway, I don’t want to belabor the point any more than it already has been. I have no say in it and I’m not a BSU fan. 

On 12/3/2022 at 7:54 PM, CPslograd said:

CCGs are tough.  You start from zero and only have a week or two to sell tickets.

It was a good atmosphere there today.

I don't understand why the top teams (the ones with a decent chance of hosting the CCG) don't sell the CCG as part of the season ticket package. If they don't host the game, the funds can be rolled over to the following season or refunded. With paperless tickets becoming more common, this wouldn't be difficult to do. 

On 12/3/2022 at 7:54 PM, CPslograd said:

CCGs are tough.  You start from zero and only have a week or two to sell tickets.

It was a good atmosphere there today.

Boise and Fresno were locked in, especially Boise, for awhile.  Not like they didn't know.  This is still G5 football, in the end.  Expecting full houses for an unranked matchup doesn't get casuals in the seats.

That said, it was a very good Saturday of Champ football.  That B12 game delivered.

Nice town you all have here, we’ve enjoyed visiting.

The Greenbelt is very cool, and the Raptor Center was a pleasant surprise.  First rate staff and exhibits.

Had breakfast at Bacons, it was good.  We tried to go to a locals place for BBQ, yelp directed us to Tim’s, but it was snowing and we didn’t know it was outdoors only, so we wimped out and had dinner at PF Changs across from the hotel.

The first thing you notice as a Californian is there are no homeless here.  I’m not attempting to debate policy, that’s a complicated issue and the weather is obviously different too.  But it is a stark difference.

Dont worry, these 3 Californians are going home..  Wonderful place though, no doubt about it.

3E14F9F0-2956-4447-9A7C-D5C1DBF82E3D.jpeg

D6ADD403-47DB-447A-AF57-171AF60FC2E3.jpeg

BF5FBEF5-B138-4CD1-811A-68E0B4F516D3.jpeg

On 12/4/2022 at 1:06 PM, JADogs05 said:

So basically, the Boise FB program is living in the past.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/4/2022 at 10:18 AM, JADogs05 said:

Fresno state did well against Oregon state but missed three fgs to lose. Not everybody showed out like SDSU vs. Arizona. 

Yeah I would be shocked if Fresno loses by more than a score to Wash St. I am expecting a Fresno win maybe even a comfortable win (14-28pt range).

Fresno was better than OSU that night. Granted it was a home game but that is still a legit top 25  team Fresno was better than. I don't think any other MW teams outplayed a top 25 team this year.