Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Who’s Up For a Hoops Rank ‘Em?

On 12/1/2022 at 7:52 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

San Diego States two losses are to Top 10 teams. The quality of their schedule is leaps and bounds beyond any other MWC team. Quality wins already over BYU, Stanford, Ohio State , and UCI.

As for Wyoming, they are clearly missing Ike. Where they finish in the MWC is unclear because no one knows how long Ike will be out. They definitely have not played very well. While there were encouraging signs yesterday against Santa Clara, I’d be concerned that they actually lost a game where they shot 12-23 from beyond the arc. My biggest surprise with Ike out is that Linder hasn’t found a lineup without Hunter Thompson on the floor. Thompson played more minutes than anyone yesterday.

Ive watched a lot of games. My rankings are based on what I’ve observed to date. I do think most of the teams still have some upside.

Geebus, if only my Aztecs could do that 🙄

Wyoming has a Natty from the 1940s. It's about as relevant as the Tark days are in 2022-23. 

On 12/1/2022 at 11:03 AM, PTR said:

Wyoming has a Natty from the 1940s. It's about as relevant as the Tark days are in 2022-23. 

It’s more relevant because they invented the jump shot.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:06 AM, OrediggerPoke said:

I agree. The only team I see this squad without Ike and Maldo beating is AF.

Then you have not watched this young AF team play. And that is with 2 Sr playing (3rd is hurt and #2#3 are off the bench), no Jr on the team and with So and Fr doing the work. IF these young guys stay and when you no longer have covid 6-7 year players (only a slight exaggeration) this team will surprise as will they this year a few times in MWC play IMHO.

Ref Green, he is built like a small Roddy at 6'5"/230# and plays like AF Burtschi and like Roddy.

Highlights at 1:10 mark

GO FALCONS 

https://goairforcefalcons.com/news/2022/11/30/mens-basketball-air-force-with-mw-era-record-10-blocked-shots-in-81-53-rout-of-uapb

..GO FALCONS..

My rankings on how I think we will be seeded in MW tourney.

1.  SDSU

2.  Wyoming (assumes Ike back for conference play)

3.  NMSU

4.  CSU

5.  UNLV

6.  BSU

7.  NEVADA

8.  USU

9.  SJSU

10.  Air Force

11.  Fresno 

This is tough at this point in time. Belive 2-5 could finish in any order along with 6-8.  

On 12/1/2022 at 7:53 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

Only one game today and none tomorrow. Here’s how I see it:

San Diego State - Don’t be fooled by the two losses and a near miss against Irvine. They are the class of the MWC this year with an absolutely loaded roster.

Utah State - Aggies are playing awfully well. Portal add Taylor Funl had been good and Steven Ashworth has been fantastic.

New Mexico - Great win over St Mary’s yesterday. Great backcourt depth with freshman Donovan Dent added to an already good pair.

UNLV - Still undefeated and defending like madmen. If their offense develops at all, they’re poised to make a jump

Colorado State - Isaiah Stevens has returned a month earlier that expected and the Rams look ready to take off

Nevada - Wolf Pack are much improved . Much more connected than last season.

Boise State - Great D, inconsistent O. Still looking to find themselves beyond their starting lineup which is solid.

Wyoming - No Ike and recently no Maldonado. Searching for answers in their absence.

San Jose State - Much improved over last season.

Fresno State - Decent players, good defense, lousy offense. Coach on a hot seat.

Air Force - Young,and improving. Where did this freshman Corbin Green come from? He’s averaging 15 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 blocks.

One final note - I don’t think there’s a lot of difference between New Mexico at 3 and Boise State at 7.

Drop the Ass-Techs to fourth and you are damned accurate.

This team, like last years can't close a game out.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/1/2022 at 11:41 AM, Jalex4141 said:

My rankings on how I think we will be seeded in MW tourney.

1.  SDSU

2.  Wyoming (assumes Ike back for conference play)

3.  NMSU

4.  CSU

5.  UNLV

6.  BSU

7.  NEVADA

8.  USU

9.  SJSU

10.  Air Force

11.  Fresno 

This is tough at this point in time. Belive 2-5 could finish in any order along with 6-8.  

I'm gonna be the first to go on record and say there is absolutely ZERO CHANCE that NMSU is seeded higher than UNLV in the MWCT,

On 12/1/2022 at 7:18 AM, OrediggerPoke said:

Is this a rank em based on results to-date or based on where we believe the teams will finish?  Wyoming is a very different team with Ike and Maldonado.

I ask this because I am not following the logic of your rankings which have SDSU #1 despite 2 losses and a poor showing against Irvine but say despite that, SDSU will be very good and rank them over 3 undefeated teams.  Yet at the same time, you have Wyoming as the 8th best team presumably based on the poor start and without Ike and Maldo.

AS an FYI - I'd be happy to take any bet that Wyoming will finish better than 8th in the MWC.

UCI beat then #21 Oregon in Eugene by 11 after leading by more than 20 and choking away their third game in Maui to #9 Arkansas was undoubtedly a shock to the psyche. I think the Aztecs will win their next five and go into the MWC schedule 10-2. Not a great team but still probably better than anyone else in this conference since your school is missing its two best players.

Hard to argue with anyone's rankings of the top 8 or so teams at this point. I will say that what I find the most impressive is the collective performance of the conference so far. This makes up for the collective shitty football season we all just witnessed.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:43 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

It’s more relevant because they invented the jump shot.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:03 AM, PTR said:

WWII dodging coward NATTYs don't count!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 12/1/2022 at 4:07 PM, Someone Else said:

Didn't they just hit a 3 at the buzzer to win? 

I think that kinda qualifies as closing out a game.

(They still may be 4th though.)

UCI never should have been in the game.

As to the close out, it was rare and long overdue.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/1/2022 at 4:20 PM, Pokes Forever said:

Your attempts at trolling have fallen by the side of the road.  The only ones dodging service is you…+++++ing putz

On 12/2/2022 at 8:05 AM, OrediggerPoke said:

Disgusting and completely false. Not funny in the least.

image.png.da0d277c3e7c7abcb31cdc35ed6c6c92.png

Sorry fellas, but any NATTY that was only won because the #1 team and many other top teams didn't partcipiate because they were too busy fighting the NAZIS while Wyoming's boys played a game is TAINTED. You are NATTY-LESS

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 12/2/2022 at 11:25 AM, Rebels18 said:

image.png.da0d277c3e7c7abcb31cdc35ed6c6c92.png

Illinois: the only school in the country whose students were being drafted in 1943

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 12/1/2022 at 3:56 PM, Rebels18 said:

WWII dodging coward NATTYs don't count!

You mean Kenny Sailors who invented the jump shot and went on to fight in the Pacific as a Marine? That the coward you're talking about?

Next time you're constipated, I think you should go drinking at the Leatherneck Club over on Spring Mountain and talk this sh-t there. Should clear you up in no time, albeit with some dental and orthopedic side effects... 

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

On 12/2/2022 at 9:32 AM, Wyovanian said:

You mean Kenny Sailors who invented the jump shot and went on to fight in the Pacific as a Marine? That the coward you're talking about?

Next time you're constipated, I think you should go drinking at the Leatherneck Club over on Spring Mountain and talk this sh-t there. Should clear you up in no time, albeit with some dental and orthopedic side effects... 

Nearly every player on that Wyoming team served in the war.