Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Same Sex marriage vote

On 11/30/2022 at 6:58 AM, ph90702 said:

Plural marriage should be legal too!

T-minus 15 hours.

And marriage to animals. Why stop there? If marriage isn't between one man and one woman wtf cares who or what one marries?

On 12/1/2022 at 4:49 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yes. Are you?

Yeah...and I remember the process.  'Make your own damn cake'.  That's a riot.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

On 12/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, Bob said:

And marriage to animals. Why stop there? If marriage isn't between one man and one woman wtf cares who or what one marries?

Two consenting adults, numbnuts.  You seriously are horrific at establishing a cogent argument.  And you are very hateful person, I hope that doesn't pass down to the rest of your household.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:01 PM, soupslam1 said:

Great day for gay marriage. Does it open the door for polygamy? Not that Im interested. One woman is tough enough to deal with at times. 

Since gays are essentially animals to some, we are skipping polygamy and going right to beastiality.  :rolleyes:

On 12/1/2022 at 4:01 PM, soupslam1 said:

Great day for gay marriage. Does it open the door for polygamy? Not that Im interested. One woman is tough enough to deal with at times. 

Why not? Most people seems to think marriage can be whatever you want

On 12/1/2022 at 4:54 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Two consenting adults, numbnuts.  You seriously are horrific at establishing a cogent argument.  

Not a news flash on this side.

On 12/1/2022 at 4:54 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

And you are very hateful person, I hope that doesn't pass down to the rest of your household.

Well, he won't wear a mask, so if it's airborne....

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

On 12/1/2022 at 2:51 PM, RSF said:

Yeah...and I remember the process.  'Make your own damn cake'.  That's a riot.

Well were you entitled to someone else doing the job for you or did you seek out an agreement with someone to which both parties mutually agreed?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/1/2022 at 5:50 PM, Bob said:

On 12/1/2022 at 6:03 PM, Bob said:

Why not? Most people seems to think marriage can be whatever you want

hey bob

shut your whore mouth you bigoted shitstain

someone married your retarded ass. if that doesn't give you the grace to accept any marriage between two natural persons then you're even stupider than you come across. 

we're done comparing gay marriage to animal marriage. don't do it again. if you can't make a point without comparing a group of people to animals then you don't have a point. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 12/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, happycamper said:

hey bob

shut your whore mouth you bigoted shitstain

someone married your retarded ass. if that doesn't give you the grace to accept any marriage between two natural persons then you're even stupider than you come across. 

we're done comparing gay marriage to animal marriage. don't do it again. if you can't make a point without comparing a group of people to animals then you don't have a point. 

Lol you think you're more enlightened than God and all of humanity since the beginning of time. Marriage is the harnessing of raw biology to the creation of families. If gays want all the legal protections that marriage affords other than pertaining to children then give them something else. Seems like powers of attorney could do it. I don't care what you think, it's a free country and wrong is wrong and I don't have to support it. kiss my butt

On 12/2/2022 at 8:06 AM, Bob said:

Lol you think you're more enlightened than God and all of humanity since the beginning of time. Marriage is the harnessing of raw biology to the creation of families. If gays want all the legal protections that marriage afford other than pertaining to children then give them something else. Seems like powers of attorney could do it. I don't care what you think, it's a free country and wrong is wrong and I don't have to support it. kiss my butt

Perhaps Afghanistan is more your cultural equivalent, you freedom hating hack.

On 12/2/2022 at 11:06 AM, Bob said:

Lol you think you're more enlightened than God and all of humanity since the beginning of time.

Lots of gay people since the beginning of time, Bob. Lots of accepting of gay people by many religions.

This isn't about "god and humanity". this is about you. 

Marriage is the harnessing of raw biology to the creation of families.

marriage is not necessary to create families

marriage doesn't "harness biology"

many marriages throughout history are plural

If gays want all the legal protections that marriage affords other than pertaining to children then give them something else.

No. Gay people are people just like you bob. 

Seems like powers of attorney could do it.

I mean, it can't fully encompass marriage, an institution created legally for this exact situation with reduces the burden on the family.

Why don't you just do powers of attorney, Bob? Show how easy it is. 

I don't care what you think,

Yes, you do. You reply to me all the time. You change your tune based on what I say. I do the same thing. We all care what we think. That's how humans work. 

it's a free country

as long as you don't get your way

and wrong is wrong and I don't have to support it. kiss my butt

What is wrong about "others get what Bob gets"? For that matter, how is "not actively oppressing minorities with the state" you "supporting it"?

You don't have to support it. But that does make you a shitty person. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:06 AM, Bob said:

Lol you think you're more enlightened than God and all of humanity since the beginning of time. Marriage is the harnessing of raw biology to the creation of families. If gays want all the legal protections that marriage affords other than pertaining to children then give them something else. Seems like powers of attorney could do it. I don't care what you think, it's a free country and wrong is wrong and I don't have to support it. kiss my butt

Bob, why is a big tough guy like you so scared of same sex marriage? Humans usually fear things outside their comfort zone.  And how are their choices going to impact your life directly?

I guess your definition of God’s plan applies to all. Just as you mention it’s a free country. 

On 11/30/2022 at 8:28 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

It only protects nonprofits. If you refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay wedding you can get sued into endless litigation.

Yes, it's the practical concerns.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

On 12/2/2022 at 8:06 AM, Bob said:

hot alyssa milano GIF

On 12/1/2022 at 7:40 AM, happycamper said:

i mean, yeah. i predictably ask about bullshit claims. you got me on that, convert.

using a law that, uh,  mandates equality as a reason why men and women don't have equality is.... an interesting rhetorical strategy

convert what "compromise" would you accept when it comes to defining you as less human than most other people?

Less human? What makes people and groups such as male, female, black, white, asian, latino, less human because they’re classified differently……because there obviously are distinct differences. You’re being a little drama queen with tunnel vision that assumes that being classified as being different because you are, means it’s being done to make someone less human. That’s laughable.

Do blacks feel less human because they’re separated in their own ethnic class? Do you think they’d rather get rid of all ethnic classification and be combined with whites and all other races and referred to as just “people”? Of course not. 

Do gays want to get rid of “sexual orientation” classification, stop pointing out their differences with being straight, get rid of the rainbow flags to accentuate being different from straight and just proclaim gay and straight are the same? Of course not. The gay movement lives to be different. So why suddenly do they want to do the opposite with marriage? Because the activists think it’s an opportunity to force acceptance on the anti-gay movement as being ‘normal’. That’s why. It’s as simple as that. 

kat.jpg

On 12/2/2022 at 1:54 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Less human? What makes people and groups such as male, female, black, white, asian, latino, less human because they’re classified differently……because there obviously are distinct differences. You’re being a little drama queen with tunnel vision that assumes that being classified as being different because you are, means it’s being done to make someone less human. That’s laughable.

It's laughable that giving people less rights is inhumane? 

Do blacks feel less human because they’re separated in their own ethnic class? Do you think they’d rather get rid of all ethnic classification and be combined with whites and all other races and referred to as just “people”? Of course not. 

convert

do you know where the concept of "Black" comes from?

Do gays want to get rid of “sexual orientation” classification, stop pointing out their differences with being straight, get rid of the rainbow flags to accentuate being different from straight and just proclaim gay and straight are the same? Of course not. The gay movement lives to be different.

what the +++++ are you talking about?

gay people don't "live to be different". Some people do, but convert, there's people who build their identity around shitty music genres. 

gay people want to live their lives. 

So why suddenly do they want to do the opposite with marriage? Because the activists think it’s an opportunity to force acceptance on the anti-gay movement as being ‘normal’. That’s why. It’s as simple as that. 

what are you talking about

gay pride parades are about accepting who they are

gay marriage is about accepting gay people as part of society

homosexuality is "normal". it has never stopped happening. it happens across species. it doesn't hurt anyone. 

if you have a problem with it ( you do), it's because something is wrong with you. simple as that. 

On 12/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Less human? What makes people and groups such as male, female, black, white, asian, latino, less human because they’re classified differently……because there obviously are distinct differences. You’re being a little drama queen with tunnel vision that assumes that being classified as being different because you oare, means it’s being done to make someone less human. 

Do gays want to get rid of “sexual orientation” classification, stop pointing out their differences with being straight, get rid of the rainbow flags to accentuate being different from straight and just proclaim gay and straight are the same? Of course not. The gay movement lives to be different. So why suddenly do they want to do the opposite with marriage? Because the activists think it’s an opportunity to force acceptance on the anti-gay movement as being ‘normal’. That’s why.  

I guess we should also say they are gayfully employed.  Do you also believe a marriage between a Christian and a non-Christian is not a marriage.  What about non-Christian in general? What about gay Christians. Is there any difference between two adults marrying in this regard, besides feelings?  

I honestly find it strange that people want government to tell people what is marriage, and even more strange that they feel that the freedom to say "marriage" regarding two adults somehow diminishes the framework of it.  How fragile must their own life and marriage be to need that separation on a term, when it is the exact same thing.