Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Same Sex marriage vote

On 11/30/2022 at 5:32 PM, Cleopatra said:

I know you didn't mean harm but i wish people would stop uising that word as a insult. 

i used to do it when I was young but my special needs neighbor made me concious and try to stop.

Yeah, I agree. It was actually very hurtful to me because I actually really am a retard. I’m not sure exactly when I crossed over into retard territory, but I think it was when I was learning how to roller skate at age 6. I would literally fall backwards and bounce my head off the concrete. My sister would say “Mommy, is it normal for someones head to bounce on the sidewalk like that?”

So my parents bought me a helmet, and attached a big puffy pillow to my back. Sadly, I had several other head injuries a little later in life. For example, In 6th grade, a kid did a warm up swing at a softball game and hit me in the side of the head. This is all totally true.

I really wanted to try boxing as a sport, but I figured it would just make me even more of a retard. I eventually realized that watching sports is so much safer, so that’s what I do now!

kat.jpg

On 11/30/2022 at 4:22 PM, Nevada Convert said:

This is just flat out a childish post. You know as well as anyone that bills get crafted with multiple votes. I’m sure plenty of these people were mostly for it, but voted no to send it back for sticking points to be addressed.

Think about this. In 2008, Obama ran and was elected president being against gay marriage. A liberal Democrat elected easily being against gay marriage based on his religious beliefs. I didn’t hear you screaming Christian Taliban back then.

I don’t agree with conservative Christians, but just because you don’t like them, doesn’t mean their views don’t matter. They do. Very childish post. This is America, not your fvcking household where you get everything your way. 

The facts are the facts.  Anyone who has pro-religious freedom concerns were accounted for.  The rest are just anti gay authoritarians.   

On 11/30/2022 at 9:12 PM, Nevada Convert said:

There’s never any room for compromise with you activist types. It’s always your way 100% or the highway. Real grown up and mature. 

Hilarious.  They made compromise after compromise so the Mormon Church supported it….  

On 11/30/2022 at 10:28 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

It only protects nonprofits. If you refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay wedding you can get sued into endless litigation.

Could be because a wedding cake is not a religious symbol.  Nor is a wedding reception a religious event.  So the argument that a cake can't be made on religious grounds falls flat.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/30/2022 at 8:10 AM, sactowndog said:

That was the compromise in the bill.  It specifically protected Church’s from having to perform same sex marriages and from any threat of losing tax status by opposing same sex marriage.  The Mormon Church supported the bill.   

The who opposed it are not religious libertarians.  The seek to impose their religious beliefs upon others.  These Senators exposed themselves for what they are Christian Taliban…..

• John Barrasso (R-WY)
  • Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
  • John Boozman (R-AR)
  • Mike Braun (R-IN)
  • Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
  • John Cornyn (R-TX)
  • Tom Cotton (R-AR)
  • Kevin Cramer (R-ND)
  • Mike Crapo (R-ID)
  • Ted Cruz (R-TX)
  • Steve Daines (R-MT)
  • Deb Fischer (R-NE)
  • Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
  • Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
  • Bill Hagerty (R-TN)
  • Josh Hawley (R-MO)
  • John Hoeven (R-ND)
  • Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
  • Jim Inhofe (R-OK)
  • Ron Johnson (R-WI)
  • John Kennedy (R-LA)
  • James Lankford (R-OK)
  • Mike Lee (R-UT)
  • Roger Marshall (R-KS)
  • Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
  • Jerry Moran (R-KS)
  • Rand Paul (R-KY)
  • Jim Risch (R-ID)
  • Mike Rounds (R-SD)
  • Marco Rubio (R-FL)
  • Rick Scott (R-FL)
  • Tim Scott (R-SC)
  • Richard Shelby (R-AL)
  • John Thune (R-SD)
  • Tommy Tuberville (R-AL)
  • Roger Wicker (R-MS)

Good Lord it isn’t even close you moron. Instead of a marriage it would a civil union with the same benefits. 

You don’t have credibility, this is a flat out lie.  The Taliban would be cutting heads off. The looney left. 

Most of you have a mental illness.

Even Bill Maher who supports gay marriage thinks most of you are mentally ill.

I’m going to tell you morons a truth. If anyone of you actually believe the taliban statement, yes you are actually mentally ill. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 12/1/2022 at 8:52 AM, robe said:

Good Lord it isn’t even close you moron. Instead of a marriage it would a civil union with the same benefits. 

You don’t have credibility, this is a flat out lie.  The Taliban would be cutting heads off. The looney left. 

Most of you have a mental illness.

Even Bill Maher who supports gay marriage thinks most of you are mentally ill.

So... like Convert, you're a proponent of the "separate but equal" doctrine. 

On 12/1/2022 at 7:58 AM, retrofade said:

So... like Convert, you're a proponent of the "separate but equal" doctrine. 

I’m not sure what my opinion is. But I won’t have a discussion with someone is bringing up the Taliban. I guess Jon Stewart advocates talking with crazy. 

On 12/1/2022 at 8:01 AM, robe said:

I’m not sure what my opinion is. But I won’t have a discussion with someone is bringing up the Taliban. I guess Jon Stewart advocates talking with crazy. 

Then I guess you should expect a phone call soon...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I don’t know how you poor bums keep joining the rich Democrats. Good grief they passed a bill that is adding a ton of IRS agents. They are going to be going after middle class non-college educated American. 

On 12/1/2022 at 8:12 AM, robe said:

Ok Mr Taliban

Your ignorance is, once again, funny.

To enlighten robe - and God knows he needs all the help he can get - My stance on same sex marriage is, and always has been...

1) Against it.  Disagree?  Fine by me.

2) It's legal now, so what I think doesnt matter.

3) (and most importantly) I dont ultimately give a shit.  If a couple of LGBT folks want to tie the knot, it has precisely zero effect on my life.  You dont need my approval.

4) Those who lose their shit over the subject (hi, robe) are damn entertaining.  Which mitigates whatever concerns I may have.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:20 AM, RSF said:

4) Those who lose their shit over the subject (hi, robe) are damn entertaining.  Which mitigates whatever concerns I may have.

Lol. this is exactly how I came to support gay marriage. 

On 12/1/2022 at 5:07 AM, RSF said:

Could be because a wedding cake is not a religious symbol.  Nor is a wedding reception a religious event.  So the argument that a cake can't be made on religious grounds falls flat.

It’s not? The preparation of food has no religious aspects? Hindus and Jews will be surprised to hear it. And who is explicitly barred from making laws respecting an establishing of a religion or the free exercise thereof?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:07 AM, RSF said:

If a business doesn't want to provide you their services, tax returns, wedding cakes, sponge Bob pants or whatever, why don't you just go to another business  for that service/product ?

Why are people insistent they have to have a particular product from a specific company ?

Businesses that provide their services to a wider range of clientele, should do better in the market place compared to those who don't.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/1/2022 at 9:10 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

It’s not? The preparation of food has no religious aspects? Hindus and Jews will be surprised to hear it. And who is explicitly barred from making laws respecting an establishing of a religion or the free exercise thereof?

Baking a wedding cake?  Nope.

Are these hypothetical Hindis and Jews gay?  Were the bakers in question Hindu or Jewish?   Christianity does not prohibit the baking of a cake.

Nobody's being prevented from exercising their religion. 

On 12/1/2022 at 9:16 AM, Spaztecs said:

If a business doesn't want to provide you their services, tax returns, wedding cakes, sponge Bob pants or whatever, why don't you just go to another business  for that service/product ?

Why are people insistent they have to have a particular product from a specific company ?

Businesses that provide their services to a wider range of clientele, should do better in the market place compared to those who don't.

That's another argument.

On 12/1/2022 at 7:11 AM, robe said:

I don’t know how you poor bums keep joining the rich Democrats. Good grief they passed a bill that is adding a ton of IRS agents. They are going to be going after middle class non-college educated American. 

This guy actually believes MTG.

The IRS agents were diverted away from examining the tax returns of the Elites under the Trump Admin. So, they are currently examining the returns of the middle and working classes.  Biden wants to put them back where they belong. Examining the returns of those who do the most hiding of their income.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/1/2022 at 7:18 AM, RSF said:

Baking a wedding cake?  Nope.

Are these hypothetical Hindis and Jews gay?  Were the bakers in question Hindu or Jewish?   Christianity does not prohibit the baking of a cake.

Nobody's being prevented from exercising their religion. 

Who decides who is gay, or what makes a hindu, or a Jew, or what constitutes exercising a religion? You?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.