Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Same Sex marriage vote

On 11/29/2022 at 4:54 PM, UNLV2001 said:

My bet, Dems vote Yea, R's vote Nay.

Close Vote, but Same Sex Marriage is protected.

For Now.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/29/2022 at 3:54 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Why are you calling it a ‘Same Sex Marriage’ Vote? From your point of view, shouldn’t it be just a Marriage Vote?  I have no problem with gay marriage. Although both gay marriage and traditional marriage should have the same power, they should be classified as one or the other just like boys and girls have the same rights but are classified as different. That way people that are against gay marriage on religious grounds don’t have to be forced to accept it. Having them separate allows for tolerance, but doesn’t force acceptance. That’s the correct compromise for our society, IMO.

This POV just triggers the crap out of some of you, but give up the temper tantrums and hate, you’ll never ever change my mind. 

kat.jpg

On 11/30/2022 at 5:03 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Why are you calling it a ‘Same Sex Marriage’ Vote? From your point of view, shouldn’t it be just a Marriage Vote?  I have no problem with gay marriage. Although both gay marriage and traditional marriage should have the same power, they should be classified as one or the other just like boys and girls have the same rights but are classified as different. That way people that are against gay marriage on religious grounds don’t have to be forced to accept it. Having them separate allows for tolerance, but doesn’t force acceptance. That’s the correct compromise for our society, IMO.

This POV just triggers the crap out of some of you, but give up the temper tantrums and hate, you’ll never ever change my mind. 

So you're a proponent of "separate but equal" then, right?

LOL...Convert whining about being triggered...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/30/2022 at 2:03 AM, Nevada Convert said:

That was the compromise in the bill.  It specifically protected Church’s from having to perform same sex marriages and from any threat of losing tax status by opposing same sex marriage.  The Mormon Church supported the bill.   

The who opposed it are not religious libertarians.  The seek to impose their religious beliefs upon others.  These Senators exposed themselves for what they are Christian Taliban…..

• John Barrasso (R-WY)
  • Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
  • John Boozman (R-AR)
  • Mike Braun (R-IN)
  • Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
  • John Cornyn (R-TX)
  • Tom Cotton (R-AR)
  • Kevin Cramer (R-ND)
  • Mike Crapo (R-ID)
  • Ted Cruz (R-TX)
  • Steve Daines (R-MT)
  • Deb Fischer (R-NE)
  • Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
  • Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
  • Bill Hagerty (R-TN)
  • Josh Hawley (R-MO)
  • John Hoeven (R-ND)
  • Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
  • Jim Inhofe (R-OK)
  • Ron Johnson (R-WI)
  • John Kennedy (R-LA)
  • James Lankford (R-OK)
  • Mike Lee (R-UT)
  • Roger Marshall (R-KS)
  • Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
  • Jerry Moran (R-KS)
  • Rand Paul (R-KY)
  • Jim Risch (R-ID)
  • Mike Rounds (R-SD)
  • Marco Rubio (R-FL)
  • Rick Scott (R-FL)
  • Tim Scott (R-SC)
  • Richard Shelby (R-AL)
  • John Thune (R-SD)
  • Tommy Tuberville (R-AL)
  • Roger Wicker (R-MS)

On 11/30/2022 at 5:03 AM, Nevada Convert said:

good old pro segregation convert

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

How about religious people call the act of joining two people together in a civil contract whatever they want? Maybe “marriage?”

Then non-religious people and same-sex marriage people can call the joining of two people together in a civil contract whatever they want? Perhaps something like “marriage”?

Problem solved!

On 11/30/2022 at 7:10 AM, sactowndog said:

That was the compromise in the bill.  It specifically protected Church’s from having to perform same sex marriages and from any threat of losing tax status by opposing same sex marriage.  The Mormon Church supported the bill.   

The who opposed it are not religious libertarians.  The seek to impose their religious beliefs upon others.  These Senators exposed themselves for what they are Christian Taliban…..

• John Barrasso (R-WY)
  • John Boozman (R-AR)
  • Mike Braun (R-IN)
  • Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
  • John Cornyn (R-TX)
  • Tom Cotton (R-AR)
  • Kevin Cramer (R-ND)
  • Mike Crapo (R-ID)
  • Ted Cruz (R-TX)
  • Steve Daines (R-MT)
  • Deb Fischer (R-NE)
  • Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
  • Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
  • Bill Hagerty (R-TN)
  • Josh Hawley (R-MO)
  • John Hoeven (R-ND)
  • Jim Inhofe (R-OK)
  • Ron Johnson (R-WI)
  • John Kennedy (R-LA)
  • James Lankford (R-OK)
  • Mike Lee (R-UT)
  • Roger Marshall (R-KS)
  • Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
  • Jerry Moran (R-KS)
  • Rand Paul (R-KY)
  • Jim Risch (R-ID)
  • Mike Rounds (R-SD)
  • Marco Rubio (R-FL)
  • Rick Scott (R-FL)
  • Tim Scott (R-SC)
  • Richard Shelby (R-AL)
  • John Thune (R-SD)
  • Roger Wicker (R-MS)

Good 'ole John Barasso, proving to be a GQP sycophant and not a believer in the "Equality State" nickname of Wyoming. How utterly and hopelessly reliable.

Piece of crap Orange Menace ass kisser.

Long overdue and I'm so happy this got done. I struggle to understand the viewpoints of those that are against this and am open to listening. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 11/30/2022 at 8:18 AM, madmartigan said:

Long overdue and I'm so happy this got done. I struggle to understand the viewpoints of those that are against this and am open to listening. 

As a proponent of liberty for all, we have given that crowd enough time.  It all boils down to hate.  +++++ em.  

On 11/30/2022 at 9:27 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

As a proponent of liberty for all, we have given that crowd enough time.  It all boils down to hate.  +++++ em.  

I'm glad it's done. It was so far past time to get it into law. This is a great day for the USA. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 11/30/2022 at 6:10 AM, sactowndog said:

• John Barrasso (R-WY)
  • John Boozman (R-AR)
  • Mike Braun (R-IN)
  • Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
  • John Cornyn (R-TX)
  • Tom Cotton (R-AR)
  • Kevin Cramer (R-ND)
  • Mike Crapo (R-ID)
  • Ted Cruz (R-TX)
  • Steve Daines (R-MT)
  • Deb Fischer (R-NE)
  • Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
  • Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
  • Bill Hagerty (R-TN)
  • Josh Hawley (R-MO)
  • John Hoeven (R-ND)
  • Jim Inhofe (R-OK)
  • Ron Johnson (R-WI)
  • John Kennedy (R-LA)
  • James Lankford (R-OK)
  • Mike Lee (R-UT)
  • Roger Marshall (R-KS)
  • Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
  • Jerry Moran (R-KS)
  • Rand Paul (R-KY)
  • Jim Risch (R-ID)
  • Mike Rounds (R-SD)
  • Marco Rubio (R-FL)
  • Rick Scott (R-FL)
  • Tim Scott (R-SC)
  • Richard Shelby (R-AL)
  • John Thune (R-SD)
  • Roger Wicker (R-MS)

Rand Paul is a coward

On 11/30/2022 at 6:44 AM, THEUniversityofNevada said:

How about religious people call the act of joining two people together in a civil contract whatever they want? Maybe “marriage?”

Then non-religious people and same-sex marriage people can call the joining of two people together in a civil contract whatever they want? Perhaps something like “marriage”?

Problem solved!

As part of a debate about gay marriage a few decades ago, I said to a religious conservative that maybe government should issue couples something called a civil contract or a civil union license to manage the legal side of domestic relationships. Then individuals and churches could refer to it however they want: marriage, matrimony, partnership, etc.

That person bristled and said "No! Government has to issue MARRIAGE licenses". They could not separate government/legal vs personal belief terminology.

Can't win with some people.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:45 AM, FresnoFacts said:

As part of a debate about gay marriage a few decades ago, I said to a religious conservative that maybe government should issue couples something called a civil contract or a civil union license to manage the legal side of domestic relationships. Then individuals and churches could refer to it however they want: marriage, matrimony, partnership, etc.

That person bristled and said "No! Government has to issue MARRIAGE licenses". They could not separate government/legal vs personal belief terminology.

Can't win with some people.

I have found the "the government should stay out of marriage" argument in most cases actually means= I think being gay is a sin and don't want gay people to be allowed to marry. I'm sure there are exceptions, but that's just a veil to discriminate against someone based on their sexual orientation. 

On 11/30/2022 at 2:03 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Says "same sex marriage" in the C-Span tweet, thus where I got the name -- Easy when you look at it ! 

On 11/30/2022 at 7:36 AM, son of a gun said:

Good 'ole John Barasso, proving to be a GQP sycophant and not a believer in the "Equality State" nickname of Wyoming. How utterly and hopelessly reliable.

Piece of crap Orange Menace ass kisser.

Well your better than Idaho.  At least one Senator voted for freedom