Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncomare

Taylen Green

On 11/29/2022 at 3:32 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

Where did it state that??  Reading comprehension is critical.

This is your statement: "But I do not remember the stud being as good as Green as a Freshman." Presumably, one would have actual data points to reference to make such a statement.   

It wasn't hard to make the jump.  NAIA vs MWC, even in 2022.    So a 'stud' isn't in NAIA ball.  

Reading comprehension is great.  But looking at things without blinders on helps too.   No one is dissing Allen.  And I don't know of anyone who thinks Green will eventually be the best player in the NFL.   Take a deep breath and a shot.

On 11/29/2022 at 3:46 PM, kingpotato said:

I think he's making $330k. Plough was making $270k. Boise could probably up it. Toronto may up his contact with the Grey Cup win, as well.

He still has plenty of time left in his career, and he's gone as far as he can really in the CFL. Maybe he wants the challenge of coaching back home 

On 11/29/2022 at 4:12 PM, roughrider said:

It wasn't hard to make the jump.  NAIA vs MWC, even in 2022.    So a 'stud' isn't in NAIA ball.  

Reading comprehension is great.  But looking at things without blinders on helps too.   No one is dissing Allen.  And I don't know of anyone who thinks Green will eventually be the best player in the NFL.   Take a deep breath and a shot.

What are you even talking about? And what the hell does NAIA have to do with anything?

On 11/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

What are you even talking about? And what the hell does NAIA have to do with anything?

Figured Reedley was better than a JC.  Should have googled it since it wasn't a school I ever gave a shit about. 

Had your shot yet?   I suggest a few more

On 11/29/2022 at 4:28 PM, roughrider said:

Figured Reedley was better than a JC.  Should have googled it since it wasn't a school I ever gave a shit about. 

Had your shot yet?   I suggest a few more

California juco football is way more competitive than naia ball. The state champ would wipe the floor with whatever naia could come up with. 

On 11/29/2022 at 5:35 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

California juco football is way more competitive than naia ball. The state champ would wipe the floor with whatever naia could come up with. 

Feel free to miss the point.  JC vs MWC.    Go ahead with your wipe the floor BS

On 11/29/2022 at 6:35 PM, roughrider said:

Feel free to miss the point.  JC vs MWC.    Go ahead with your wipe the floor BS

You thought reedley was naia and therefore “better than a jc.” I’m just trying to educate you. I recommend checking out the state semifinals this weekend. It’s a freak show. 

On 11/29/2022 at 9:00 AM, kingpotato said:

I don't know that they're "looking" internally, but Matt Miller was the OC at Montana State for two years and had good offenses while there. But I think most fans feel that would be a fall back option. Fans perspective, they want:

-Ryan Dinwiddie. Former Boise QB. Current Toronto Argonauts HC. He just won the Grey Cup. He played with AA. He has mentioned he wants to come back to Boise. He'd need to take a pay cut. Probably most fans #1 choice.

-Mark Helfrich. Former Boise QB coach and Oregon OC and HC. Currently a TV analyst. I thought he should have been the hire the first time around. He's my #1 choice. Not sure if he'd be interested.

-Kirby Moore. Former Boise WR. Current Fresno OC. I think this one is a long shot. 

-Marcus Arroyo. Former UNLV HC. Currently unemployed. He coached at Oregon with AA. I like this one too. He's a great recruiter and had good offenses at Oregon.

-Matt Miller. Like I said, he's the fall back. That would mean they couldn't land any of the above.

Add Mike Sanford Jr. (Interim Colorado HC) 

Add current RB coach Bhonapha.

Add Bush Hamdan (Mizzou QB coach)

On 11/29/2022 at 5:35 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I don't buy this. Cali JUCO teams do have better athletes than a typical NAIA team, but NAIA teams have 4th and 5th year players who are way more mature, experienced and physically developed than JUCO players.

I'd be willing to bet that a really good JUCO and a really good NAIA team would be pretty evenly matched.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:56 PM, KingBronco said:

I don't buy this. Cali JUCO teams do have better athletes than a typical NAIA team, but NAIA teams have 4th and 5th year players who are way more mature, experienced and physically developed than JUCO players.

I'd be willing to bet that a really good JUCO and a really good NAIA team would be pretty evenly matched.

With the Covid year the juco teams have some 4th-year players too. 

Idk though. I attended a state playoff game on Saturday, and I was kind of blown away by the speed on the field. Nobody is going to mistake it for D1, but both teams had serious talent. My impression of naia is that it’s mostly guys who don’t want to let the dream die (not that I blame them).