Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncomare

Taylen Green

The Boise fans around here are super high on him. I haven’t had a chance to watch him play. I would this weekend, but oh look, our conference championship game is on at the same time as the SEC championship. Oh well. Maybe next year. 

On 11/28/2022 at 4:59 PM, kingpotato said:

Dude has an NIL deal with a local pizza joint. No chance even the biggest P5s can compete with that.

I've been asking you guys all year about Dirk sticking around.  Sounds like he's still moving on right?  If you guys can get an OC that keeps his game growing, I bet you get another year from him at BSU. But if it's a sloppy hire, he might bolt. He has a legit NFL career to think about.  When BSU is good, they get good exposure and are pretty consistent about the T25 rankings.

I think you mentioned BSU was looking internally for a OC? Can't remember. 

On 11/28/2022 at 11:37 PM, utenation said:

I've been asking you guys all year about Dirk sticking around.  Sounds like he's still moving on right?  If you guys can get an OC that keeps his game growing, I bet you get another year from him at BSU. But if it's a sloppy hire, he might bolt. He has a legit NFL career to think about.  When BSU is good, they get good exposure and are pretty consistent about the T25 rankings.

Who knows who the OC will be. They should announce in a couple of weeks. 

A lot of people want current Wide Receiver coach Matt Miller, Others are saying Ryan Dinwiddie who who played at BSU from 2000-2003. He is the current head coach of the Toronto Argonauts. 

Maybe we can convince Kirby Moore to come back home from Fresno 

On 11/28/2022 at 11:37 PM, utenation said:

I don't know that they're "looking" internally, but Matt Miller was the OC at Montana State for two years and had good offenses while there. But I think most fans feel that would be a fall back option. Fans perspective, they want:

-Ryan Dinwiddie. Former Boise QB. Current Toronto Argonauts HC. He just won the Grey Cup. He played with AA. He has mentioned he wants to come back to Boise. He'd need to take a pay cut. Probably most fans #1 choice.

-Mark Helfrich. Former Boise QB coach and Oregon OC and HC. Currently a TV analyst. I thought he should have been the hire the first time around. He's my #1 choice. Not sure if he'd be interested.

-Kirby Moore. Former Boise WR. Current Fresno OC. I think this one is a long shot. 

-Marcus Arroyo. Former UNLV HC. Currently unemployed. He coached at Oregon with AA. I like this one too. He's a great recruiter and had good offenses at Oregon.

-Matt Miller. Like I said, he's the fall back. That would mean they couldn't land any of the above.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:44 PM, Wyoguns said:

Poor man’s JA…

Today, that's a compliment even if you didn't mean it.

But I do not remember the stud being as good as Green as a Freshman.   Lots to grow into still but this kid is a kid.  He won't likely reach where Allen is today but he's only scratching the surface of what he can do and he's a future pro.

On 11/29/2022 at 2:19 PM, roughrider said:

Today, that's a compliment even if you didn't mean it.

But I do not remember the stud being as good as Green as a Freshman.   Lots to grow into still but this kid is a kid.  He won't likely reach where Allen is today but he's only scratching the surface of what he can do and he's a future pro.

When Allen was a freshman he was playing at Reedley College.  I highly doubt you watched a single Reedley game to give any assessment whatsoever of Allen as a freshman.

As a sophomore and in his first action, Allen started the Pokes second game of the year (looked great for a quarter) and then broke his collar bone and was out for the year.  As a redshirt sophomore and in his first real year of FBS competition, Allen led the Pokes to the MWC championship game putting up big numbers for a Craig Bohl offense both rushing and throwing.

Green has the physical talent.  Only time will tell whether Green also has the intangibles (Allen is a competitor like none other).

On 11/29/2022 at 2:52 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

When Allen was a freshman he was playing at Reedley College.  I highly doubt you watched a single Reedley game to give any assessment whatsoever of Allen as a freshman.

As a sophomore and in his first action, Allen started the Pokes second game of the year (looked great for a quarter) and then broke his collar bone and was out for the year.  As a redshirt sophomore and in his first real year of FBS competition, Allen led the Pokes to the MWC championship game putting up big numbers for a Craig Bohl offense both rushing and throwing.

Green has the physical talent.  Only time will tell whether Green also has the intangibles (Allen is a competitor like none other).

So you're thinking he was better at Reedley than Green was this year?  Ok.   And Green looked better this year than Allen did when he played initially for Wyoming.  But Allen didn't have Koetter to coach him either. 

On 11/29/2022 at 3:08 PM, roughrider said:

So you're thinking he was better at Reedley than Green was this year?  

Where did it state that??  Reading comprehension is critical.

This is your statement: "But I do not remember the stud being as good as Green as a Freshman." Presumably, one would have actual data points to reference to make such a statement.   

On 11/29/2022 at 11:26 AM, bornontheblue said:

I think the pay would actually be similar. Head coaches make around 250-500K a year in the CFL. 

I think he's making $330k. Plough was making $270k. Boise could probably up it. Toronto may up his contact with the Grey Cup win, as well.