Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

UNLV Arroyo fired

On 11/28/2022 at 10:45 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Can see this makes sense.........but with covid hitting 2 of those years, I thought that would give Arroyo at least one more year 

I'm fine with UNLV showing Arroyo the door, wasn't sold that he was all that great to get UNLV up & running 

Maybe there's something too good to pass up waiting in the shadows ?!?!

Anyone using 2020 in stats or anything else is being disingenuous. 2021 was back to somewhat a sense of normality.

Press Conference Takeaways:

1. UNLV'S GOT THE CHEEEEESE TO PAY-OFF THE $2.5 MILLION BUYOUT, AND COMPETE WITH ANY PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY FOR SALARY

2. NO SEARCH FIRM (THANK YOU LORD)

3. COACHES ALL OVER THE COUNTRY SLOBBERING OVER OUR JUICY FACILITIES

AWWWWWWWW F*CK YEEAAHH!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 11/28/2022 at 10:54 AM, quickdraw said:

Anyone using 2020 in stats or anything else is being disingenuous. 2021 was back to somewhat a sense of normality.

With covid & all the crap around it, that 0-6 season was a throw away I always figured 

On 11/28/2022 at 10:55 AM, Rebels18 said:

Press Conference Takeaways:

1. UNLV'S GOT THE CHEEEEESE TO PAY-OFF THE $2.5 MILLION BUYOUT, AND COMPETE WITH ANY PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY FOR SALARY

2. NO SEARCH FIRM (THANK YOU LORD)

3. COACHES ALL OVER THE COUNTRY SLOBBERING OVER OUR JUICY FACILITIES

AWWWWWWWW F*CK YEEAAHH!

We can't compete with Texas, USC, Alabama, etc.  I do think we'll see north of $2 million per year.  We will not have a problem finding qualified people.

On 11/28/2022 at 8:33 AM, Ishoot2thrill said:

Lol. Yeah but do you want that distinction for your team? If UNLV losing to Hawaii is a fireable offense that says a lot about how bad Hawaii is, right?

UNLV is typically one of those schools you get fired for losing too haha. 

Many Hawaii fans felt it was going to be a bad year and a long rebuild after the Graham debacle and hiring a coach a week prior to NLI day. So if you lost to us when we were replacing more than half our team that means you're either dealing with replacing half your team yourselves or your team is bad/lower division

On 11/28/2022 at 12:53 PM, UNLV2001 said:

And there's your answer as to 'why'. 

Harper's 'big balls' are in somebody's pocket.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/28/2022 at 11:03 AM, quickdraw said:

Now that does not inspired my faith in Harper’s intelligence. If this wasn’t my team I’d be hoping for that game just to see who showed up.

Before the Arroyo news, I was like "Not sure if UNLV should take a bowl game, because this team is struggling & might just make a disaster of a showing in any bowl game"

The timing make accepting a bowl game sort of odd considering UNLV just fired the HC.........it's not like Arroyo got hired away which would make accepting a bowl invite a bit easier 

Meanwhile 

UNLV's victory in the Battle for the Fremont Cannon on Saturday also produced two individual honors for the program as record-smashing placekicker Daniel Gutierrez earned yet another Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Week nod and safety Johnathan Baldwin was named MW Defensive Player of the Week for the first time, the league announced Monday.

Daniel Gutierrez Johnathan Baldwin