Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

UNLV Arroyo fired

Available coaches before the season ended were:
Gary Patterson

Les Miles

Tom Herman

and multiple NFL coaches

On 11/28/2022 at 10:39 AM, Rebelbacker said:

That is certainly the risk. Let's see what Harper has up his sleeve. 

Tick tok well not really he is on an hour glass. News better come soon and it better be real good news. Anything less will be the beginning of his end.

On 11/28/2022 at 10:24 AM, Rebelbacker said:

For those of you that think this is a mistake here's a different perspective.

Sanchez's last two years UNLV went 4-8. Sanchez did not have Allegiant, Fertitta Complex, NIL or the transfer portal.

Arroyo came in and instead of building on where we were he tore down the program. 0-6, 2-10 and 5-7. The 5-7 included a 6 game losing streak and was one catch from a UNR player to finish 4-8. The same exact place we were in with Sanchez but Arroyo had much more to work with. Add to that Arroyo didn't make any friends here in his time. He was going into year 4 of a 5 year deal. He had to be extended or fired. With a new AD in place that didn't hire him it wasn't that tough a call to make IMO. 

Can see this makes sense.........but with covid hitting 2 of those years, I thought that would give Arroyo at least one more year 

I'm fine with UNLV showing Arroyo the door, wasn't sold that he was all that great to get UNLV up & running 

Maybe there's something too good to pass up waiting in the shadows ?!?!

On 11/28/2022 at 10:44 AM, qwelish said:

Nuff said.

With the covid issues, I figured Arroyo was safe for another year at least...........but I'm not upset he's gone...........maybe there's a reason for this move beyond just the record -- As we all know everything is in place now & has been for a couple of years for the UNLV program to seize the moment 

Should be interesting 

On 11/28/2022 at 10:45 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Can see this makes sense.........but with covid hitting 2 of those years, I thought that would give Arroyo at least one more year 

I'm fine with UNLV showing Arroyo the door, wasn't sold that he was all that great to get UNLV up & running 

Maybe there's something too good to pass up waiting in the shadows ?!?!

We can hope. 

Fingers crossed. 

On 11/28/2022 at 10:34 AM, quickdraw said:

Everything you say is logical and makes sense. The only thing about that logic is if this is just another typical UNLV AD flexing his muscle without a well thought out plan in place with the money and new ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFUL D1 coach already 110% locked up then there is a better chance of another 3-5 year failure along with further making the UNLV Athletic department look like something out of cirque du Soleil.

So yeah if Harper has all of that in place then good for him and let’s take a shot. If not then his ass needs to be down at the Greyhound Station by Saturday.

This kind of goes back to my point in my earlier post. Who are these ADs at UNLV? Why does it matter if coaches are friends with them? Who cares?! It seems so small time.

Literally 120% of the time UNLV fans are bitching about the AD. Then they fire someone and it’s great. Then they hire someone and half of the fans love the hire, half hate it and practically root against the coach (MBB and FB). A new AD comes in because the last one was fired or promoted and the whole thing starts over.

It would be hilarious if it didn’t contribute to dragging down the conference and damaging one of the brand schools in the MWC. That’s right, UNLV is SOMEWHAT of a brand, certainly not in football, but at least in basketball old people know they WERE good lol. Anyway, good luck with all this UNLV fans. It’ll be interesting to watch. :popcorn:

On 11/28/2022 at 10:50 AM, Ishoot2thrill said:

This kind of goes back to my point in my earlier post. Who are these ADs at UNLV? Why does it matter if coaches are friends with them? Who cares?! It seems so small time.

Literally 120% of the time UNLV fans are bitching about the AD. Then they fire someone and it’s great. Then they hire someone and half of the fans love the hire, half hate it and practically root against the coach (MBB and FB). A new AD comes in because the last one was fired or promoted and the whole thing starts over.

It would be hilarious if it didn’t contribute to dragging down the conference and damaging one of the brand schools in the MWC. That’s right, UNLV is SOMEWHAT of a brand, certainly not in football, but at least in basketball old people know they WERE good lol. Anyway, good luck with all this UNLV fans. It’ll be interesting to watch. :popcorn:

We ARE the brand school in the MWC, motherf*cker

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

I don’t support Arroyoso much as I am sick and tired of the clown car pulling up to the Athletic department. I’ve been a Harper supporter so far. This is his time to show his capabilities. Good luck because the town is yours to win or lose. And winning means right now.

On 11/28/2022 at 10:44 AM, qwelish said:

Nuff said.

Stupid analysis. It’s dumb fans like you that have to use a 3 year record against a coach that had to get a dumpster fire program going. Typical dumb UNLV fan that can’t see progress like a good bookie would, and to you, firing and hiring over and over is the answer. No one worth a damn is going to want that job because UNLV is perpetual dysfunction. 

kat.jpg