Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

UNLV Arroyo fired

On 12/5/2022 at 6:34 PM, B_Lootz said:

I have a feeling we really need to temper our expectations. Could it be that we were waiting on certain teams to finish their respective seasons before a HC is announced (or maybe are still waiting)?

Scott Satterfield jumped sidelines in advance of the Fenway Bowl.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:57 PM, bigd said:

Jay Hill’s definitely done a good job at Weber.

I have heard and read numerous times that Jay Hill is a great recruiter. Nary a recruit nor his family isn't impressed by him, his genuinous, and true concern for the kids he recruits.

Q: If he gets the job and goes 5-7 his first year, is he on thin ice ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Bring back Tony Sanchez in a sort of Bizzaro World version of Chris Adult’s Nevada stint. Can’t imagine the new guy, whoever it is, will be any better. Face it, your program hasn’t been relevant since Ickey Woods was there, and even then, that might have been pushing it.

Better to accept your role as a punch-drunk also-ran and move on; football excellence is about as likely as winning a round from one of those guys hustling tourists in 3 Card Mani at this point. 

On 12/5/2022 at 6:56 PM, rebelcuff said:

Troy Taylor from Sac State os the guy to go after if you are going fcs route. He is 30-7 there and were terrible before he arrived.

Just for once I'd have liked to have seen UNLV get a coach that would spark some interest.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:56 PM, rebelcuff said:

Troy Taylor from Sac State os the guy to go after if you are going fcs route. He is 30-7 there and were terrible before he arrived.

He's not leaving Sac State unless the right job opens up. That's not UNLV.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:55 PM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

if the Stoops thing is true, good for UNLV.

Jay Hill or Troy Taylor would be interesting gets. Solid lower division coaches that are trying to take their coaching experience another step up. At least they have HC experience even if it’s a step down from the FBS

I don't think either of those jobs are a step down from UNLV.  They may even be a step up.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:35 PM, masterfrog said:

I don't think either of those jobs are a step down from UNLV.  They may even be a step up.

Yeah they both beat up on MW schools this year. 

On 12/5/2022 at 6:16 PM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Hill took over a program that had a (4-19 record) over the prior two seasons (2012-2013) and made them a .500 or better team by his second season (6-5 record in 2015) with the following 2016 year ending up ranked nationally (#24/25) in the FCS at (7-5 record) with an invite to the FCS Playoffs. Where the program continued to grow from there with a handful of Top 10 FCS Ranking finishes and FCS Playoff appearances 

Seems like a decent coach and wasn’t given a program that was used to getting to the FCS Playoffs every season

Exactly that’s the huge difference between Hill and Hauck. He built the Weber State program, and it is nowhere near as easy to win there as Montana.

As mentioned, UNLV needs someone who has built programs rather than inherit. Hill or Taylor would both be good choices.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:15 PM, rebelcuff said:

It could be Troy Taylor who is still in the playoff at Sacramento State. He would be a good choice actually.

This is exactly who I was thinking of when I said it could be we’re waiting for the season to finish. Or, it could be someone like Jay Hill whose season just concluded on Saturday and we’re in talks.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:24 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Coache Pete to UNLV...still dead...lmao.

no shit bro

i saw that this morning and thought i got dosed and was thinking what happened to yesterday?..lmao

sad part is...i could have actually bought ed orgeron to unlv...like i could see that really working out well...and i could see big ed interested in that...but then they had to throw the pete shit in there and it was like...damn...someone made a prank call to the RJ...lol

i agree with my esteemed colleague @MetropolitanCowboy...they should just bring sanchez back...lol

On 12/5/2022 at 8:24 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Coache Pete to UNLV...still dead...lmao.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:36 PM, SAMO said:

no shit bro

i saw that this morning and thought i got dosed and was having a bad acid trip...lmao

sad part is...i could have actually bought ed orgeron to unlv...like i could see that really working out well...and i could see big ed interested in that...but then they had to throw the pete shit in there and it was like...damn...someone made a prank call to the RJ...lol

i agree with my esteemed colleague @MetropolitanCowboy...they should just bring sanchez back...lol

can you nancies go jerk eachother off in another thread!

we'll see who's laughing when Gary Patterson and/or Urban Meyer led UNLV teams are stuffing your shit in!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 12/5/2022 at 8:40 PM, Rebels18 said:

can you nancies go jerk eachother off in another thread!

we'll see who's laughing when Gary Patterson and/or Urban Meyer led UNLV teams are stuffing your shit in!

we'll be laughin alright...lol