Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

UNLV Arroyo fired

On 12/5/2022 at 3:36 PM, Gator 82 said:

I understand UNLV wanting to be tight lipped on who legitimately may be the next coach, but this is just embarrassing for the school. To have Orgeron and Petersen say their not interested just solidifies what most in CFB already know is that UNLV is a joke and no self respecting coach would touch this program  with a 10’ pole. Especially after the history UNLV has of treating their HC’s because they weren’t able to extinguish the dumpster fire.

Nothing will top the embarrassment of pushing Jerry Tarkanian out the door!

On 12/5/2022 at 1:57 PM, idkk said:

These supposed Twitter insiders are hilarious sometimes. Look at this:

Yeah, I'm sure UNLV is magically going to pay 4x the salary of the current top MWC coaches and more than some P5 HC. Arroyo was their highest paid coach ever at $1.5 million and now they're going to pay up $7 million 😂

He's now recalibrated to say they have $7 million total (assume for HC and assistants). Still think that's BS. 

Occasionally, in my mind's eye, I wonder if Arroyo maybe went in to ask for an extension or something, they got into a heated shouting match (no secret they don't like each other) and finally Harper said 'you're out of here'. Just like that. 😆 No plan ahead of time, lol.

And here we are.

And yet, they have (had) an opportunity, but typical UNLV admin..some things never change.

On 12/5/2022 at 4:00 PM, 4UNLV said:

Occasionally, in my mind's eye, I wonder if Arroyo maybe went in to ask for an extension or something, they got into a heated shouting match (no secret they don't like each other) and finally Harper said 'you're out of here'. Just like that. 😆 No plan ahead of time, lol.

And here we are.

And yet, they have (had) an opportunity, but typical UNLV admin..some things never change.

As an employer for over 30 years I can say if Harper lost his cool over being asked for a contract negotiation then he has ZERO business being in management. As the days tick buy he has bought every little bit of this process. I hope he has a secret Santa somewhere out there. 

You kinda have to admire UNLV’s consistency with these coaching searches. Obviously the post Rice search is the standard. But every follow up has been highly entertaining. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, B_Lootz said:

I have a feeling we really need to temper our expectations. Could it be that we were waiting on certain teams to finish their respective seasons before a HC is announced (or maybe are still waiting)?

If they waiting for bowl games and it’s Kentucky (Mike Stoops), or USC (Donte Williams), UNLV going to be waiting past New Years Day to have a coach named. Sumlin can be named already if it were them

On 12/5/2022 at 6:34 PM, B_Lootz said:

I have a feeling we really need to temper our expectations. Could it be that we were waiting on certain teams to finish their respective seasons before a HC is announced (or maybe are still waiting)?

Cincy didn’t have to wait. You tell the coach now or never and move on if they aren’t interested. No waiting. Now or never! 

if you are negotiating contracts with Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer or Chris Petersen, we can wait.

The biggest mess of every coaching search is always the threads here about it. While the TKM search will always be a classic example of cluster+++++ this search is still 100% unknown except for a bunch of social media whores trying to measure whose is biggest. Enjoy the shit-show thread and probably around the end of the week the usual suspects will start another fire thread when the new coach is announced. You see that is what is always consistent about the same few on this board. Peacocks preen and trolls troll.

On 12/5/2022 at 4:42 PM, quickdraw said:

The biggest mess of every coaching search is always the threads here about it. While the TKM search will always be a classic example of cluster+++++ this search is still 100% unknown except for a bunch of social media whores trying to measure whose is biggest. Enjoy the shit-show thread and probably aroundd the end of the week the usual suspects will start another fire thread when the new coach is announced. You see that is what is always consistent about the same few on this board. Peacocks preen and trolls troll.

ZERO excuse not to have a head coach by now!

On 12/5/2022 at 4:19 PM, quickdraw said:

As an employer for over 30 years I can say if Harper lost his cool over being asked for a contract negotiation then he has ZERO business being in management. As the days tick buy he has bought every little bit of this process. I hope he has a secret Santa somewhere out there. 

I really wasn't serious about it happening that way, I'm sure Harper had it planned.

Just wish he would've had a better plan in place, lol.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:37 PM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

If they waiting for bowl games and it’s Kentucky (Mike Stoops), or USC (Donte Williams), UNLV going to be waiting past New Years Day to have a coach named. Sumlin can be named already if it were them

No assistant or head coach is going to wait to their season is over unless you are going for a legitimate championship fcs or fbs. Mike Stoops is not going to say "please wait till after the music city bowl so our players aren't distracted".