Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

UNLV Arroyo fired

On 12/5/2022 at 1:57 PM, idkk said:

These supposed Twitter insiders are hilarious sometimes. Look at this:

Yeah, I'm sure UNLV is magically going to pay 4x the salary of the current top MWC coaches and more than some P5 HC. Arroyo was their highest paid coach ever at $1.5 million and now they're going to pay up $7 million 😂

It’s hard to fathom, I would agree. I still hear Mike Stoops is in the running and that Harper wants to wrap things up but knows this hire cements his career one way or another. Another factor is the Stanford opening, that may be the hang up, if CP is indeed #1 on the list. 

I don’t know about CP and Coach O, some of these other experienced coaches coming to UNLV given their price tag. The only explanation is that Harper has booster backing for the year and has a heads up on a P5 invite. 

If somehow UNLV is able to lure a CP to them, that is a very huge get for the program. But I don't know how much I believe that opportunity is to even happen especially with a Stanford opening, if CP even wants to get back into the HC ring.

Orgeron to me is a bit of a risky hire but definitely feels better than a Sumlin/M. Stoops, but not sure if that guy is worth even north of $2m per year. He did well at LSU including the Natty with Burrow as QB and Miles recruits prior, but he kind of fizzled afterwards. Also has that poor track HC record when he was at Ole Miss outside of the good interim HC year at USC.

On 12/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, Rosegreen said:

It’s hard to fathom, I would agree. I still hear Mike Stoops is in the running and that Harper wants to wrap things up but knows this hire cements his career one way or another. Another factor is the Stanford opening, that may be the hang up, if CP is indeed #1 on the list. 

I don’t know about CP and Coach O, some of these other experienced coaches coming to UNLV given their price tag. The only explanation is that Harper has booster backing for the year and has a heads up on a P5 invite. 

Been preaching this for years: you have to spend money to make money. Going bargain hunting is never going to save UNLV Football. Being cheap has cost them millions in football and basketball. Colorado gets the picture, their AD straight up said "we DON'T have the money to pay Prime $5mil/yr", but believes they will after the investment of getting Prime pays off in the form of revenue. 

Harper needs to have the balls to REALLY put his neck on the line, beg, borrow, and steal to pay a big-name HC that can sell tickets and win football games then tell the fans: We did our part---now get your asses to Allegiant and buy a t-shirt and a $16 beer. 

F*CK it, bring in Coach O, Petersen is kinda a creep, I want a coach with some personality. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 12/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

If somehow UNLV is able to lure a CP to them, that is a very huge get for the program. But I don't know how much I believe that opportunity is to even happen especially with a Stanford opening, if CP even wants to get back into the HC ring.

Orgeron to me is a bit of a risky hire but definitely feels better than a Sumlin/C. Stoops, but not sure if that guy is worth even north of $2m per year. He did well at LSU including the Natty with Burrow as QB, but he kind of fizzled afterwards. Also has that poor track HC record when he was at Ole Miss outside of the good interim HC year at USC.

Peak MWCBoarding is arguing the merit of a HC who is only three years removed a NC and Heisman winner….oooof. 

On 12/5/2022 at 12:46 PM, KayakArmada said:

Peak MWCBoarding is arguing the merit of a HC who is only three years removed a NC and Heisman winner….oooof. 

I want UNLV to find a coach that can turn around the struggle they've been in for decades. Just a little iffy to me, because of his stint (10-25 record) at Ole Miss and (11-11 record) after Burrow was gone and players that would mostly be of his recruiting at a program like LSU.

If he's named hopefully it works out well, he definitely has at least name and Natty HC recognition. 

On 12/5/2022 at 1:20 PM, UNLV2001 said:

On 12/5/2022 at 12:45 PM, ph90702 said:

well there goes the two names that's been floating of Coach O and Coach Pete...thanks to Feldman's reporting

wonder if a Sumlin, or Mike Stoops type of hire is really on the horizon now. Unless its the Donte Williams USC guy. Best hope at this point for UNLV is Feldman's sources are misinformed or Patterson has actually shown interest.

So who is interested? We are at 1 week now? Erick Harper has to be talking to someone?

He said he is waiting on a coach who is in a bowl game. We don’t wait, you either want the job or you don’t.

Maybe nobody is interested but that silly USC guy with zero qualifications.

On 12/5/2022 at 3:28 PM, RebelRobert said:

So who is interested? We are at 1 week now? Erick Harper has to be talking to someone?

He said he is waiting on a coach who is in a bowl game. We don’t wait, you either want the job or you don’t.

Brian Shapiro, a loser who pays to do his job, says that Mike Stoops will be the next head coach and is in negotiations with UNLV right now.  He also said that the source who told him this is the one who said that Marvin Menzies was being fired.

On 12/5/2022 at 3:58 PM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

I want UNLV to find a coach that can lead them back from the struggle they've been in for decades. Just a little iffy to me, because of his stint (10-25 record) at Ole Miss and (11-11 record) after Burrow was gone and players that would mostly be of his recruiting at a program like LSU.

If he's named hopefully it works out well, he definitely has at least name and Natty HC recognition. 

Lead them back ?

:rotflmfao:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/5/2022 at 4:25 PM, UNLV2001 said:

@RebelRobert leading the misinformation Campaign !

Americans Mayor

On 12/5/2022 at 3:25 PM, UNLV2001 said:

I understand UNLV wanting to be tight lipped on who legitimately may be the next coach, but this is just embarrassing for the school. To have Orgeron and Petersen say their not interested just solidifies what most in CFB already know is that UNLV is a joke and no self respecting coach would touch this program  with a 10’ pole. Especially after the history UNLV has of treating their HC’s because they weren’t able to extinguish the dumpster fire.

On 12/5/2022 at 4:28 PM, RebelRobert said:

Closer to reality than all your other speculation about Neon Deion, etal 

Americans Mayor