Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

UNLV Arroyo fired

On 11/30/2022 at 5:30 PM, UNLV2001 said:

That's a big plus UNLV BB & FB have.......with the large FB stadium & large BB arena...........UNLV should be able to attract some solid opponents that travel well 

If BYU can host games here then UNLV can also if they up their programs to a consistent level of decency ---- People will travel here & UNLV FB proved that awhile back with the Wisconsin FB games 

The overall environment and buzz in both facilities has taken a step up this year from last. Making that serious commitment to FB would reap large benefits quickly. Vegas loves winners. Tickets prices for FB and MBB are very affordable, family affordable. People will get there sports fix somewhere but nobody want to pay until you are fun to watch and win.

On 11/30/2022 at 5:38 PM, quickdraw said:

The overall environment and buzz in both facilities has taken a step up this year from last. Making that serious commitment to FB would reap large benefits quickly. Vegas loves winners. Tickets prices for FB and MBB are very affordable, family affordable. People will get there sports fix somewhere but nobody want to pay until you are fun to watch and win.

That's another plus UNLV has over the NFL / NHL........can get in for cheap compared to the pro's

UNLV can & should schedule up if they can.........even if visiting fans are the majority.........it's a fuller arena/stadium, it's better for UNLV fans

On 11/30/2022 at 5:30 PM, UNLV2001 said:

That's a big plus UNLV BB & FB have.......with the large FB stadium & large BB arena...........UNLV should be able to attract some solid opponents that travel well 

If BYU can host games here then UNLV can also if they up their programs to a consistent level of decency ---- People will travel here & UNLV FB proved that awhile back with the Wisconsin FB games 

This was a couple with no rooting interest on either side.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:05 PM, Spaztecs said:

I'm extremely dubious of a UNLV invite.

I do think it makes sense from a TV market perspective. Coupled with it being Vegas, it seems a shrewd move. Sam Diego and Vegas are the biggest Western TV markets left in the West. Without El Lay, they are necessary.

However, their lack of FB history and lack of Academic standing make it a no-go for the PAC.

Well UNLV is tier one, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years, since the medical school has been up and running.. correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe SDSU is?

Our academics are not the problem.. our football program is, and if Arroyo was fired in order to upgrade that and bring some excitement in to make it more attractive to the Pac 12, then good for them. If they blow this hire, it's over.

I'm not terribly confident, but will hope for the best.

On 12/1/2022 at 11:46 AM, SharkTanked said:

Levis was a temp solution. Very hard to get in and out of and much more expensive for travelers. Vegas is a no brainer, especially for Utah fans with short options by car or plane. Utah was about 85% of the crowd last year and probably about the same this year.

About a month ago, you posted a funny tweet of Salt Lake Government threatening Las Vegas officials. Like I told you last time. We already own Wendover and Mesquite and will take over Vegas when we are ready. And all you Vegas Heathens will comply when we come and overthrow your government.

I know enough people to help you keep your lifestyle since we are friends but everyone else needs to prepare for changes. 

On 12/1/2022 at 12:58 PM, ph90702 said:

So much for the best reasonably conceivable outcome for UNLV unless the Rebels somehow become part of the Pac's plan.

Didn't hear the interview but SDSU AD Wicker was on the radio last hour and confirmed the school is continuing to talk with both the Pac and the B12. I just don't see the latter conference taking UNLV because unlike the Pac, the B12's location gives it various other options like Memphis, USF and North Dakota State (:hahaha:).

This is like Nebraska lite. The program finally is showing signs of life and they fire the guy. The next guy will do well his 1st year because of what the current coach built. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.