Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecAlien

PAC 12 Puzzle

On 11/30/2022 at 9:41 AM, TGIFaanes said:

No way in hell does Ohio St gets in if Michigan is the only one that loses. Ann Arbor will lose their shit if that happens.

Ohio State would have a better loss than Michigan. Losing to Purdue will hurt Michigans cause.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/28/2022 at 12:40 PM, Ishoot2thrill said:

I thought it was supposed to be the two highest ranked teams play in the CCG?

Apparently not. :shrug:

As it turned out the two highest ranked teams (CFP) are in the CCG. Maybe they got it right.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

On 11/30/2022 at 11:50 AM, albert mac meda said:

As it turned out the two highest ranked teams (CFP) are in the CCG. Maybe they got it right.

Yeah. What if Washington ended up ranked higher in the CFP rankings?

I wasn’t arguing one way or the other. Mainly stating that I didn’t think it needed all these extra steps, so to speak.

Ohio State lost to Michigan head to head AT HOME BY 22 so I don't see them leapfrogging Michigan were they to lose.  Michigan would fall to 4 but stay ahead of Ohio State.  Ohio State would definitely pass USC, and probably TCU were they to lose.  Although TCU would be a close one as TCU actually has the harder strength of schedule.  It would be close but Ohio State's name brand would probably win out at the end of the day. 

On 12/1/2022 at 10:33 AM, namssa said:

Ohio State lost to Michigan head to head AT HOME BY 22 so I don't see them leapfrogging Michigan were they to lose.  Michigan would fall to 4 but stay ahead of Ohio State.  Ohio State would definitely pass USC, and probably TCU were they to lose.  Although TCU would be a close one as TCU actually has the harder strength of schedule.  It would be close but Ohio State's name brand would probably win out at the end of the day. 

Maybe, but the committee could also do a bit of a balancing act.  Last time it was a close decision between Ohio State and TCU, the nod went to the Buckeyes, so this time they give it to TCU. Ohio State has the brand power, but the playoffs would still have defending NC Georgia and two blubloods in it. I don't think they'd need Ohio State's brand power in that scenario. 

My hunch is that, if TCU loses close, they get in. Ohio State needs a blowout loss. 

On 12/1/2022 at 1:15 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Road game for the Trojans. If they win not only do they deserve to get in but to leapfrog TCU even if TCU wins in a blowout. 

USC is favored

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 12/1/2022 at 5:18 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Utah is the toughest matchup for any of the top 4 this weekend and it’s not particularly close. 

Based on what?  You do know who TCU is playing, right?  The #10 team in the country.  The only game this weekend involving 2 top 10 teams.

On 12/1/2022 at 5:19 PM, utenation said:

I think he's referring to crowd noise. 

That may be...but it wouldnt be an upset if USC won so suggesting they should jump TCU - even if TCU wins in a blowout (of a Top 10 team, it should be noted) - is a shaky opinion, unless USC boatraces Utah.  That 1 loss USC would jump an undefeated TCU is farcical.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:25 PM, RSF said:

Based on what?

That may be...but it wouldnt be an upset if USC won so suggesting they should jump TCU - even if TCU wins in a blowout (of a Top 10 team, it should be noted) - is a shaky opinion, unless USC boatraces Utah.  And its still questionable even then.

We can throw Purdue and lsu out immediately, right? K-State and Utah are comparable teams (would be a fun bowl matchup), but there is a lot working against USC but for TCU. USC is basically playing a road game in a stadium that is designed to be loud as hell against a team they already lost to once. TCU is playing at home against a team they’ve already beaten fairly convincingly. Not predicting results based on past performance but one of those is a much taller task than the other.

If the Men of Troy win, they are in.

If they lose, they will have to dry their tears with Rose Petals.

Imho, A TCU or USC loss puts the tOSU into the playoff. Possibly a Michigan loss as well.

Georgia is in with a loss. 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/1/2022 at 9:41 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

We can throw Purdue and lsu out immediately, right? K-State and Utah are comparable teams (would be a fun bowl matchup), but there is a lot working against USC but for TCU. USC is basically playing a road game in a stadium that is designed to be loud as hell against a team they already lost to once. TCU is playing at home against a team they’ve already beaten fairly convincingly. Not predicting results based on past performance but one of those is a much taller task than the other.

That's funny...