Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

MWC Basketball

On 12/7/2022 at 1:36 PM, Ishoot2thrill said:

Lol. Who gives a shit whether being Eastern Oregon does or doesn’t count for whatever? BSU won. As they should have. Move on. 

Simply pointing out that it is not an exhibition game. It is a scheduled out of conference game and counts in their win loss record. By the way, you did care enough to actually post in the thread. Just saying.

On 12/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Simply pointing out that it is not an exhibition game. It is a scheduled out of conference game and counts in their win loss record. By the way, you did care enough to actually post in the thread. Just saying.

I was referring to Nevada's game against William Jessup, which counted for Nevada but not for WJU. Either way, it doesn't really matter, just a policy set by the NAIA. 

Haha. I guess. I was simply pointing out that it doesn’t really matter. I think bigd explained it well enough and others stated it doesn’t count for NET.

Anyway. Carry on. 

On 12/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, bigd said:

I was referring to Nevada's game against William Jessup, which counted for Nevada but not for WJU. Either way, it doesn't really matter, just a policy set by the NAIA. 

Exactly how Eastern Oregon treated it.  It was an exhibition for them so their win streak is still intact.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:09 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Sucks that all of them are ranked except the MWC teams and Missouri.

At least the MWC teams are getting more votes than Missouri!

It counts for BSU in their record book and for Leon’s automatic contract extension. That’s it. Will not be included in NET rating, NET rating statistics, or anything that matters for tournament selection. The broadcasters during the game mentioned EOU counting it as an exhibition so it won’t count against their win streak.

From EOU website:

F4464CD9-7835-4901-8E32-DED43DACD2E3.jpeg

On 12/7/2022 at 10:29 PM, soupslam1 said:

The MWC is solidly the seventh ranked conference behind the Big 6

Currently ranked 5th ahead of the PAC and ACC. Cal is an anchor on the neck of the PAC and an abnormally poor Florida St. And Louisville are kiliing the ACC.

Normally we would drop once conference play begins but this year we have 7 of 11 teams in the top 100 NET. That is going to go a long way in maintaining a high conference ranking throughout the season.