Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

MWC Basketball

On 12/4/2022 at 9:04 PM, Broncos4Ever said:

Not sure why everyone is so down on Boise.  6-2 with 3 P5 wins.  Played a damn tough schedule to date as well.

The opinion of a single person hardly constitutes “everyone.” Aside from a bad loss on opening night to South Dakota St at home, Boise has looked good so far this season.

On 12/4/2022 at 8:23 PM, B_Lootz said:

The opinion of a single person hardly constitutes “everyone.” Aside from a bad loss on opening night to South Dakota St at home, Boise has looked good so far this season.

Losing to Charlotte and the other SDSU tho? Rice has really gotta stop tanking his potential NCAA seeding opportunities by dropping all these headscratcher OOC games out of the gate.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 12/4/2022 at 8:41 PM, Rebels18 said:

Losing to Charlotte and the other SDSU tho? Rice has really gotta stop tanking his potential NCAA seeding opportunities by dropping all these headscratcher OOC games out of the gate.

True, but they also have more wins against Kenpom top 100 teams than USU, UNM, and UNLV combined.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:46 PM, bigd said:

True, but they also have more wins against Kenpom top 100 teams than USU, UNM, and UNLV combined.

They've played a tough schedule. All but one team has been top 150 in Kenpom. Basically led aTm, Colorado, and Wazzu wire to wire. They still have Santa Clara and St Louis for resume building. Plus, plenty of MW games to help out. They were a fringe at large team and have strengthend their case. If Nganga can continue to develope, they are gonna be tough.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:41 PM, Rebels18 said:

We had to replace three huge pieces from last years MWC championship team in Armus, Akot, and Kigab. Most Bronco fans expected the early season games were going to be a challenge and they have been. We’ve actually come around a lot faster than expected and the team is starting to gain their own identity. 

We still aren’t the team we hope to be by the start of conference games. Our bench players need more playing time to develop. If they come along like we think, in particular NgaNga who is slowly getting his sea legs, we’re going to be a very good team. In any regard with the recruits we recently signed I think we’re a year away from contending for a MWC championship again. This year an NIT invite is likely our upper limit. 

On 12/4/2022 at 8:04 PM, Broncos4Ever said:

Not sure why everyone is so down on Boise.  6-2 with 3 P5 wins.  Played a damn tough schedule to date as well.

Two losses outside of those p5 games. Boise has played the bottom of the p5.

The schedule is similar to the UNLV schedule which if nothing else has caused the Las Vegas fan to belly-ache constantly. Meanwhile you call the schedule "tough".

I think it's tough enough to get a bid, but you'd have to run the table to get respect with a schedule like that.

I still respect Leon and the broncos. Anything can happen once conference starts.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:54 AM, qwelish said:

The schedule is similar to the UNLV schedule which if nothing else has caused the Las Vegas fan to belly-ache constantly. Meanwhile you call the schedule "tough".

I think it's tough enough to get a bid, but you'd have to run the table to get respect with a schedule like that.

I still respect Leon and the broncos. Anything can happen once conference starts.

Sagarin has Boise State‘s SOS to date at 112 with UNLV at 281

On 12/5/2022 at 6:54 AM, qwelish said:

There are no similarities between UNLV and Boise's schedules. 6/8 of UNLV's opponents are ranked 150+ in Kenpom.

Meanwhile, Boise has only played one team that is 150+, and has 3 top 100 wins. 

No one knows how good UNLV is yet, because your only good win is over Dayton who is currently 5-4 and will likely keep falling in the rankings.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:54 AM, qwelish said:

Might want to check just about every CBB metric out there. UNLV's SoS so far is averaging somewhere between 130 and 150 spots lower than BSU in almost every credible rating system. Calling UNLV's schedule "similar" to Boise's is pretty frigging retarded.

On 12/5/2022 at 5:37 PM, KingBronco said:

Might want to check just about every CBB metric out there. UNLV's SoS so far is averaging somewhere between 130 and 150 spots lower than BSU in almost every credible rating system. Calling UNLV's schedule "similar" to Boise's is pretty frigging retarded.

SOS rankings don't mean anything this early.  Geeze, you guys acting like you played murder's row dropping to Charlotte, South Dakota, and beating Wazzu, Colorado, and A&M? There isn't a single potential NCAA Tourney team on your schedule other than maybe St Louis.

When UNLV went from playing Michigan, UCLA, Wichita St, and really solid San Fran and SMU in 2021 to the schedule we have now--we were pissed. We want big-time names to take down in OOC because those marquee wins get you big-time seeding. 

Boise St's schedule is just as garbage in the eyes of NET/Selection Committee as UNLVs and worse, your teach doesn't pass the eyeball test with your losses and almost fumbling the bag against NORTHRIDGE

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 12/5/2022 at 9:06 PM, soupslam1 said:

Aztecs squeak by Troy. Need some work on their out of bounds plays. Lol

Need work on a lot of things.  Getting outrebounded, falling in love with extended 2's instead of slashing, poor ball management by Butler, and Bradley still needs to get his confidence.  And I feel like I am watching Carolina basketball how with well opponents knock 3's down in our building.

On 12/5/2022 at 9:17 PM, LakesideVibes said:

SDSU this year kinda feels like Musselman's last team at Nevada, they have the talent to beat just about anybody and will probably at worst tie for 1st in the conference but things just aren't clicking quite right

Trammell/Bradley just don't fit the mold for SDSU's usual style. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 12/5/2022 at 9:06 PM, soupslam1 said:

Aztecs squeak by Troy. Need some work on their out of bounds plays. Lol

The guys were sleep walking tonight. The body language was horrible.  Lots of inattentiveness. Lost their swagger a bit in Maui. 

Not a fan of Monday games. On the bright side, they don't play again until Saturday. If I were Dutch, I'd shut it down for a day.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke