Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

MWC Basketball

With the win over Ball State today the Spartans are now 6-2. 🏀

On 11/27/2022 at 2:50 PM, crixus said:

With the win over Ball State today the Spartans are now 6-2. 🏀

Not only that, it's the first time SJSU started 6-2 since 1996-97.

On 11/27/2022 at 4:49 PM, Anon5251042 said:

Not only that, it's the first time SJSU started 6-2 since 1996-97.

Was just about to ask Sparty fans about this. If SJSU could get themselves into the #150 range in the NET this season it would be a huge benefit to the MWC overall.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:30 PM, TopLobo said:

Tim Miles looks like a great hire. Wish we woulda hired him instead of Pitino. 😋

That probably makes one of you.  Not sure if Miles was high on many Lobos fans wish list to be the Lobos HC.  He is a good coach, but I'm glad it is not at UNM.  Hope he gets SJSU back in the hunt for a title.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

On 11/27/2022 at 8:30 PM, TopLobo said:

Tim Miles looks like a great hire. Wish we woulda hired him instead of Pitino. 😋

Fk that, baby Pitino may be an average coach but he's an ace recruiter if he's landing high quality talent to fuggin' ALBUQUERQUE----and lack of talent is what's prevented UNM from making a deep run in the dance, not lack of quality coaching. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 11/27/2022 at 9:45 PM, Hoser said:

That probably makes one of you.  Not sure if Miles was high on many Lobos fans wish list to be the Lobos HC.  He is a good coach, but I'm glad it is not at UNM.  Hope he gets SJSU back in the hunt for a title.

We're 6-0. I'm joking. But Joser made a good hire.

On 11/27/2022 at 11:03 PM, Rebels18 said:

Fk that, baby Pitino may be an average coach but he's an ace recruiter if he's landing high quality talent to fuggin' ALBUQUERQUE----and lack of talent is what's prevented UNM from making a deep run in the dance, not lack of quality coaching. 

Yes, and the Rebs have made multiple DEEP, DEEP runs, and complete MWC dominance over 23+ years. Oh, you had that one Sweet Sixteen that Wink carried you to. My bad.

On 11/28/2022 at 11:32 AM, Jalex4141 said:

And what highly quality teams have you played? Conference play should be dynamite this year. 

None really. #21 Dayton was highest ranked. 

A lot will be hashed out in conference play this season.

Some tough conference games today. Wyo and unm have two of their tougher ooc opponents to date. LMU v cs-ewe should be a good measuring stick game. LMU beat georgetown and wake forest already. 

Will probably watch unm v st marys. Should be a good one and another measuring stick opponent. 

AFA could have its hands full with Ark PB and wyo needs to get this win to keep tournament chances alive or they will end up playing spoiler.

image.png.e507ff23e078617fd3f9e3a251023f6c.png

On 11/27/2022 at 10:30 PM, TopLobo said:

Yes, and the Rebs have made multiple DEEP, DEEP runs, and complete MWC dominance over 23+ years. Oh, you had that one Sweet Sixteen that Wink carried you to. My bad.

this coming from a program that's never made it past the round of 32! LOL

and wink didnt carry that team, was more wendell white and kevin kruger

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 11/30/2022 at 9:31 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

Right now I’d put the over/under at 2.5 bids. Lots of big OOC games in the next three weeks will go a long way toward determining that.

Today

LMU v cs-ewe

and 

St marys v unm 

Both of these look like resume games for future bubble/seeding considerations.

MWC is 54-20 in OOC games so far...that's really good and up with the P6 conferences for win percentage. If the conference can stay close to the same clip for the remainder of the OOC we should be in pretty good shape for 3x NCAAT bids.

What the MWC is missing is marquee wins. SDSU's win over OSU is about it for really good wins so far. Unless that changes,  the ceiling will probably be 3 bids for the conference.