Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Unrest in China version oh who cares they never pull it off

On 11/28/2022 at 7:48 PM, son of a gun said:

Especially considering people are literally being locked into their homes. Which led to 10 deaths from a fire that broke out in an apartment complex. Last I checked, the US hasn't done anything like that with Covid.

Just fired people for not taking an experimental vaccine that didn't stop transmission of  the virus. Don't act like what the government did here wasn't supremely +++++ed up

On 11/29/2022 at 8:15 AM, toonkee said:

The right in the US uses the lockdown term to sell you the idea you were a political prisoner because you had to wear a mask to the grocery store and people on the left use it to be dramatic about their personal experience of getting contactless doordash or something.

Oh yeah, all is well. People missed weddings, funerals, getting to be with their loved ones as they died, missed irreplaceable experiences, missed doctor visits and now cancer deaths are skyrocketing, depression is way up, drug ODs are way up, education went into the shitter, black and brown people got +++++ed over the worst, excess mortality is now mysteriously running high, now we are dealing with crushing inflation. GD, you're as asshole.

On 12/1/2022 at 12:15 PM, Bob said:

I can't even take them seriously. 

I'm sure they're heartbroken about that.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 12/1/2022 at 12:32 PM, Bob said:

And I'm sure you're fat and ugly

good-boy-pat-on-head.gif

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:24 AM, modestobulldog said:

Pfft, GTFO. Killing grandma, irrational and indiscriminate  mandatory shutdown of businesses, closing parks and beaches.  Extremely remote Jalama beach for Christ sakes. I took this picture during pandemic.

Screenshot_20221201-092220.png

So you weren't locked down in your house I guess lol.

On 12/1/2022 at 12:36 PM, toonkee said:

So you weren't locked down in your house I guess lol.

On 11/29/2022 at 7:15 AM, toonkee said:

The right in the US uses the lockdown term to sell you the idea you were a political prisoner because you had to wear a mask to the grocery store and people on the left use it to be dramatic about their personal experience of getting contactless doordash or something.

Nope, I was responding you your hyperbole about the right.  It was about more that masks.

[edit] and on the left it was killing grandma

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 12/1/2022 at 11:21 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

Are they not wearing those voluntarily?  Besides hospitals, how many government institutions are being tyrannical here?  You are conflating personal choice with "don't yearn for freedom".  You are being more of a bitch than they are on that one.  :whistle:

ETA:  Proved my point, little bitch.

. You think those people are voluntarily wearing those? lmao you are stupid.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:02 PM, Bob said:

. You think those people are voluntarily wearing those? lmao you are stupid.

Uh, yes, they are.  If you actually went out and talked to people, you would know that mask mandates are nearly non-existent outside of the hospitals, and that you can see people with them on because they choose to.  Hell, politely ask someone why they are wearing one in a mall when there is no mandate.  I feel like you are a Russian or Chinese bot to be this ignorant to reality.  You have been completely bunkered, and it is hilarious to watch you do this.  

On 12/1/2022 at 5:11 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Uh, yes, they are.  If you actually went out and talked to people, you would know that mask mandates are nearly non-existent outside of the hospitals, and that you can see people with them on because they choose to.  Hell, politely ask someone why they are wearing one in a mall when there is no mandate.  I feel like you are a Russian or Chinese bot to be this ignorant to reality.  You have been completely bunkered, and it is hilarious to watch you do this.  

You lost him at 'politely ask'....

On 12/1/2022 at 5:15 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

The only way that he hasn't completely been brainwashed, and I am giving him the out here, is if he says "I am talking about China".  Otherwise, oh boy is he a lost cause....

No...it's the latter....it's been documented in multiple threads.

On 12/1/2022 at 1:57 PM, modestobulldog said:

Nope, I was responding you your hyperbole about the right.  It was about more that masks.

[edit] and on the left it was killing grandma

My point was the term lockdown is hyperpoble.  I used hyperbole/silliness to make that point. It wasn't an essay. It's okay. 

On 12/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, Bob said:

Oh yeah, all is well. People missed weddings, funerals, getting to be with their loved ones as they died, missed irreplaceable experiences, missed doctor visits and now cancer deaths are skyrocketing, depression is way up, drug ODs are way up, education went into the shitter, black and brown people got +++++ed over the worst, excess mortality is now mysteriously running high, now we are dealing with crushing inflation. GD, you're as asshole.

I didn't argue or joke about any of that.

But you weren't locked down. You probably should be though. I don't like the idea of you driving cars or lighting fireworks.

On 12/1/2022 at 4:11 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

This scenario would require an open mind and the ability to ask sincere questions rather than bullying a conversation by telling other people their opinions and what they should be doing. 

Bob’s basic communication skills don’t exist. 

On 12/1/2022 at 7:58 PM, utenation said:

This scenario would require an open mind and the ability to ask sincere questions rather than bullying a conversation by telling other people their opinions and what they should be doing. 

Bob’s basic communication skills don’t exist. 

I can't stand it...I guess it's easier to bully or brainwash kids that lost a year or two of academics.   Theyvwere the real political prisoners of the NEA and a govt advisor who's net worth jumped 5 million in 2 years and no one cares.   Heads need to roll...but they never do Especially when they are on a certain team.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:13 AM, Jackrabbit said:

I can't stand it...I guess it's easier to bully or brainwash kids that lost a year or two of academics.   Theyvwere the real political prisoners of the NEA and a govt advisor who's net worth jumped 5 million in 2 years and no one cares.   Heads need to roll...but they never do Especially when they are on a certain team.

This was specific to people right now wearing masks voluntarily.  I think the kids did catch a bad deal, and illuminated the importance of public schools as parents could not be both the worker and educator.  One thing I noticed is that broken down by state, score drops, which were nationwide, did not perfectly align with the more closure-heavy states.  In fact, it was a jumble.  We need to find out if there was more to it, because the data says there is more to it than in-person vs virtual for test scores.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:13 AM, Jackrabbit said:

Somehow I doubt your real concern is for the kids. 

On 12/2/2022 at 11:36 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

We need to find out if there was more to it

$.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:36 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

This was specific to people right now wearing masks voluntarily.  I think the kids did catch a bad deal, and illuminated the importance of public schools as parents could not be both the worker and educator.  One thing I noticed is that broken down by state, score drops, which were nationwide, did not perfectly align with the more closure-heavy states.  In fact, it was a jumble.  We need to find out if there was more to it, because the data says there is more to it than in-person vs virtual for test scores.

We can do better than this. But it wasn't just the kids who suffered. The entire planet went into life altering changes doing a 180 in no time from a virus that nobody was prepared for. But back to the point, guys like Jack and Bob have no interest in speaking to people about why many wore masks by choice. 

It's very ironic that these guys march around handing out big government bad guy tickets when their fearless leader Trump failed to even acknowledge COVID was real and put an action plan together for many months after it was spreading like wildfire.