Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Aztecs in Hawaii

There was about a 3-5 minute stretch midway thru the second half where it looked like the refs were trying to fix the game. They made about five straight really bad calls that all went against SDSU. The Aztec fans at the game were going nuts. Credit the Aztecs for keeping their poise and finishing the Buckeyes off.

Beat Arizona tomorrow and the country will take notice. 

Aztecs looked very good on defense until the refs decided the game was getting out of hand and started tightening up the calls. College basketball has by far the most frustrating and game altering officiating of any sport. You never know how it's going to be called game to game or even half to half. That flop call on Mensa was garbage, that's either a charge or a block. Worst officiated sport that I watch every year.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

At one point in the 2nd half, OSU was in the double bonus and still had three fouls to give.  The flop technical and the Flagrant 2 we pure gifts to Ohio State.  There's just no question about it.  I never complain about refs but last night was just blatant.

We've got a tough one tonight.  AZ is BIG in the post and has some good shooters.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

This Tourney has some heavyweights in it.

I rarely watch early season Tourneys, but this one is worth the time.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/21/2022 at 9:25 PM, Someone Else said:

If you are an SDSU fan you've got to be stoked having beaten Stanford and The Ohio St University in back to back games... not because those two teams were particularly great but beating teams like that is how you build your brand. 

Congrats!

Add BYU to that list in back-to-back-to-back games.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:45 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

@happycamper @retrofade @halfmanhalfbronco any chance to merge this and the Maui Invitational thread together?  Seems redundant

It was my bad. I didn’t go far enough down the pages to find the Maui thread. It kinda disappeared. Fine with me to merge. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Still loving the tweet with @kalua pig telling the Suckeyes to go back to the B1G.

:cheers:

Americans Mayor

On 11/22/2022 at 9:20 AM, Aztec1984 said:

Add BYU to that list in back-to-back-to-back games.

Let's we forget that game one stomping of CSU- Fullerton.

Back-to-back-to-back-to back wins

Americans Mayor

On 11/22/2022 at 7:56 AM, SDSUfan said:

At one point in the 2nd half, OSU was in the double bonus and still had three fouls to give.  The flop technical and the Flagrant 2 we pure gifts to Ohio State.  There's just no question about it.  I never complain about refs but last night was just blatant.

We've got a tough one tonight.  AZ is BIG in the post and has some good shooters.

I'm right there with you on everything.

I think Zona is going to really hurt us in the paint. OTOH, if the officials seem as determined to keep it close as they were last night, the Wildcats won't be able to get ahead by more than a dozen or so and with our depth, we could have much fresher legs in crunch time and manage to stage a successful comeback.

On 11/22/2022 at 10:56 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

I'm right there with you on everything.

I think Zona is going to really hurt us in the paint. OTOH, if the officials seem as determined to keep it close as they were last night, the Wildcats won't be able to get ahead by more than a dozen or so and with our depth, we could have much fresher legs in crunch time and manage to stage a successful comeback.

Arizona may be taller, but the Aztecs have more muscle. Aztecs look like they’ve got guys on steroids.