Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Admirer from the East

USU @BSU OTA CBS

On 11/26/2022 at 12:24 AM, Fowl said:

Don't you guys have like 15 seniors you're losing next year including almost all of your OL?

Sort of, but not really. OT John Ojukwu, NB Tyreque Jones, MLB Zeke Noa, DT Divine Olbichere, and DE George Tarlas (already out for the season) are the super SRs that won't return. SS JL Skinner is almost certainly heading to the NFL. We know that SRs OT Cade Beresford, WR Steph Cobbs, TE Tyneil Hopper, DE Cortez Hogans, and CB Markel Reed (out this season) are all coming back. RB George Holani might declare for the draft. The rest, we don't know.

As it looks now, Boise should have about 8 to 10 return on offense and about half of the defense.

On 11/25/2022 at 9:48 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

I disagree. While it wasn’t unsafe for the receiver, Skinner needs to keep his head up or he is going to hurt his own neck doing this. It’s tougher for taller players like him to get proper body position against shorter players though. This one has to get called or else football won’t continue to be a sport in the future.

73D4CDCD-FD52-4129-9384-E41DB3DB8F95.jpeg

Thank you for posting this still shot... but it doesn't show what you think it shows. I'm more convinced this was a garbage call.

On 11/26/2022 at 9:47 AM, KingBronco said:

I like Matt Lauter a lot. 24/7 rated him as a 4-star out of High School and we are starting to see why. He's been getting increasing PT as the season progresses and I've been watching him pretty closely. More of a hunch at this point, but I think he could become our best pass catching TE next season (even if Smith and Hopper return).

Big thanks to Utah State for allowing Boise to develope some of their FR. Andrew Simpson, Taylen Green, Ashton Jeanty, Matt Lauter, and Eric McAlister all had big games against the baggies.

On 11/26/2022 at 10:06 AM, kingpotato said:

Big thanks to Utah State for allowing Boise to develope some of their FR. Andrew Simpson, Taylen Green, Ashton Jeanty, Matt Lauter, and Eric McAlister all had big games against the baggies.

Big thanks to Boise for allowing USUs young guys to develop as well. Alford, Lapuaho, Tatum and Vaughan all had big games against the Broncos. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 11/26/2022 at 11:47 AM, KingBronco said:

I like Matt Lauter a lot. 24/7 rated him as a 4-star out of High School and we are starting to see why. He's been getting increasing PT as the season progresses and I've been watching him pretty closely. More of a hunch at this point, but I think he could become our best pass catching TE next season (even if Smith and Hopper return).

Agreed. When I watched him last night, he looked like a legit P5 tight end with his hands, athleticism and run after the catch. Next year‘s offense should be stupid crazy good.

On 11/26/2022 at 11:57 AM, kingpotato said:

Sort of, but not really. OT John Ojukwu, NB Tyreque Jones, MLB Zeke Noa, DT Divine Olbichere, and DE George Tarlas (already out for the season) are the super SRs that won't return. SS JL Skinner is almost certainly heading to the NFL. We know that SRs OT Cade Beresford, WR Steph Cobbs, TE Tyneil Hopper, DE Cortez Hogans, and CB Markel Reed (out this season) are all coming back. RB George Holani might declare for the draft. The rest, we don't know.

As it looks now, Boise should have about 8 to 10 return on offense and about half of the defense.

I thought that Obi had a super senior season available, no?

On 11/26/2022 at 11:18 AM, thespywhozaggedme said:

I thought that Obi had a super senior season available, no?

No he never redshirted.

2018 - true freshman LBCC

2019 - So LBCC

2020 - Jr -covid - Boise 7 games played.

2021 - Sr 9 games played

2022 - supersenior

On 11/26/2022 at 8:57 AM, kingpotato said:

I've forgotten on the Covid rules.  Was it '21 when the super seniors wouldn't count against the 85 scholarship limit and then in '22 and beyond they do count?

On 11/26/2022 at 12:17 PM, Fowl said:

I've forgotten on the Covid rules.  Was it '21 when the super seniors wouldn't count against the 85 scholarship limit and then in '22 and beyond they do count?

Everyone who used eligibility in 2020 gets an additional year, basically as if that season was never played, IIRC.

On 11/26/2022 at 12:17 PM, Fowl said:

Yes. They now count against the 85 scholarship limit and 105 roster size limit. NIL deals might help keep them around if scholarships dry up.

On 11/26/2022 at 12:03 PM, kingpotato said:

Legas is a FR too, no?

For all purposes a soph- a junior but has a COVID year. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.