Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

FROGS

On 11/19/2022 at 2:32 PM, BlueCheer said:

College football- no better game in the country.

Sonny Dykes - "we practice that every Thursday". Yep, we could tell

The running onto the field part?  Most teams do practice that.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

On 11/19/2022 at 5:27 PM, bornontheblue said:

I think Duggan put himself as the front runner for the Heisman 

Unfortunately, I do not share your optimism in that regard.  I think he will be fortunate to get an invite to NYC.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:18 AM, Wyoguns said:

I’d cheer for TCU if they make the playoffs 

Fodder for the Number 1 seed.

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/20/2022 at 11:19 AM, Lobonado said:

With Tennessee losing, that almost guarantees both Ohio St. and Michigan will be in the playoff. If TCU loses then USC /Clemson will get the fourth spot.

Not so sure about that. Even if TCU loses not sure how they'd keep a 1 loss USC/Clemson who won a conf champ out for whoever loses that Mich/OSU game. I'd love to see what happens though if TCU, USC, and Clemson win out and LSU beats Georgia

The interesting question is this.  Who does TCU get in Arlington?  It's a gimme for frogs to take down Iowa State at home to remain Perfect.  Kansas State is at Kansas and if Kansas State loses and Texas beats Baylor, then them two are the only 3-loss conference squads.  Texas beat Kansas State earlier and I assume that is the primary tie breaker.  Assuming so, I think much more popcorn and suds will be sold at AT&T stadium if it's a Texas rematch.

Kansas State over Kansas makes it all a moot point. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 11/20/2022 at 1:22 PM, LakesideVibes said:

Not so sure about that. Even if TCU loses not sure how they'd keep a 1 loss USC/Clemson who won a conf champ out for whoever loses that Mich/OSU game. I'd love to see what happens though if TCU, USC, and Clemson win out and LSU beats Georgia

In that scenario I think it would be 1. Georgia 2. Winner of Ohio St/Michigan 3. TCU 4. LSU. Rematch of SEC championship game. 

The way South Carolina utterly destroyed Tennessee yesterday, Clemson better be up for it next weekend.  I do not think ACC makes the CFP this year.  They still have a CCG to play and who knows what's gonna happen there. 

Today's CFP IMO is Georgia, Ohio State, TCU, USC.  Only one of them is truly safe though.  Georgia.  TCU may not win its CCG.  USC may lose to either of Notre Dame or its CCG or both.  Ohio State could lose to Michigan. 

A good, strong close to this topic.  Unlike Lincoln Riley first year transition HC at USC swiping talent generously from the transfer portal (rivaling Ole Miss Lane Kiffin who is not a transition HC)...first year transition HC Sonny Dykes at TCU did little to none of that at all.  

Sonny Dykes invested and inspired in his stock of talent at TCU and he is reaping the rewards.  Coach of the Year, Sonny Dykes. 

Coach of the Year, Sonny Dykes.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:35 AM, Coog kev said:

A good, strong close to this topic.  Unlike Lincoln Riley first year transition HC at USC swiping talent generously from the transfer portal (rivaling Ole Miss Lane Kiffin who is not a transition HC)...first year transition HC Sonny Dykes at TCU did little to none of that at all.  

No. 16 members of the team (13 this year), including 5 starters, came from the transfer portal.

https://www.si.com/college/tcu/football/tcu-top-10-recruiting-class-247-sports-rankings-2022

2022 was the year of the transfer portal. A flux of coaching changes, the ease of transferring, and increased awareness of the transfer portal gave us a basic version of college football free agency. According to 247Sports, TCU's transfer class ranks ninth nationally.