Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

Breaking News: NMSU VS UNM GAME POSTPONED…

Story here… Albuquerque Journal site mysteriously goes down, but here is a clip of the article I was reading before it went down…

UPDATE: The Journal has confirmed Saturday night’s New Mexico State University Aggies vs. University of New Mexico Lobos men’s basketball game in the Pit, which was expected to draw about 15,000 fans, has been postponed as a result of the overnight homicide on UNM’s campus. 

A player from NMSU may have been involved in the incident, but two sources have confirmed he was not the person killed and police have not confirmed what his involvement was.”

https://www.abqjournal.com/2551440/police-investigate-homicide-on-unm-campus.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1668877224

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Terrible news. Sucks that the game is cancelled/postponed as the community was really hyped for this game. Obviously, the loss of life and investigation takes precedent and prayers for all involved. Just terrible all the way around. 

NMSU team bus traveling back to Las Cruces, was stopped near Socorro, NM, and searched by NM State Police, and “individuals detained”… wow if true!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

HHT6fq-A_x96.jpg

Replying to
State Police said the Aggies bus was stopped at Fort Craig rest area along I-25 as part of homicide investigation but has "since been released."

Matt is the Journal's crime reporter.

What the eff is going on at college campuses this year? Is it a coincidence, weird law of averages stuff?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I’d bet dollars to donuts that this is related to the huge fight at the football game in LC, which involved a state basketball player.

Wish I knew how to post a twitter video here.

24-hour rule might be a good idea here. 'Wait 24 and see what the story is.' There are now three different narratives floating around this story, each contradicting the other.

The only facts we know are 1. A UNM student is dead. 2. A NMSU basketball player is in an Albuquerque hospital with a non-life threatening bullet wound. 3. There is not a Lobo-Aggie game in an hour. 4. No member of the Lobo basketball program is involved.

What is probably true is that regardless of the outcome, both schools are going to take a huge hit to their reps.

However this played out, it is sad for both schools and the community. 

Getting numb to deadly shootings anymore.  Seemingly we can't get through a week in this country without a shooting.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

On 11/19/2022 at 4:03 PM, LoboMan59 said:

I’d bet dollars to donuts that this is related to the huge fight at the football game in LC, which involved a state basketball player.

Wish I knew how to post a twitter video 

https://twitter.com/Tionneomo/status/1581695229316300806?s=20&t=K0IY-qOU_mk8xC_m_b05DA

If there were really two NMSU basketball players involved in this brawl (which is the rumor) and there was no accountability that is pretty close to a loss of institutional control. x 10 if this was carrying over for weeks and was a contributing factor to the incident last night.

On 11/19/2022 at 7:12 PM, PTR said:

https://twitter.com/Tionneomo/status/1581695229316300806?s=20&t=K0IY-qOU_mk8xC_m_b05DA

If there were really two NMSU basketball players involved in this brawl (which is the rumor) and there was no accountability that is pretty close to a loss of institutional control. x 10 if this was carrying over for weeks and was a contributing factor to the incident last night.

I mean, that's a lot of ifs.  More likely it was just a dumbass with a gun on the UNM campus.  Bad look for the schools and bad look for the state no matter what comes out.  

On 11/19/2022 at 6:12 PM, PTR said:

They needed a pepper spray hose, and that fight is done before it starts. 

kat.jpg