Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today In MWC Hoops - 11/17/22- Five Games! - WHO YA’ GOT?

On 11/17/2022 at 4:35 PM, kingpotato said:

Rams look great. Getting good looks on offense and playing lights out D. Cartier is a find.

When I spoke to Isaiah Stevens this summer, he told me CSU would have been really good with Cartier on last years team. He would have allowed Roddy to get out and run a lot more.

On 11/17/2022 at 6:46 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

Rams open up the Charleston Classic with a lower level SEC squad. It will be a good test for an inexperienced Ram team. Most excited to see how our unacclaimed freshman PG Tavi Jackson does when matched up against the Cocks’ prize recruit Meechie Johnson. I wont bet the game.

Boise opens up the Myrtle Beach Invite against a middling CUSA squad. I can’t get a handle on the Broncos so far. Most concern8ng to me is that three of their players are playing 90+% of the minutes and I don’t think that bodes we’ll for the long term. I not ready to bet the Broncos either way.

Air Force hosts a decent Portland squad that is improving under second year coach Shantay Legans. Falcons look to short a ball handling guard to give them what AJ Walker provided. I’m taking Portland and giving the points.

Best matchup of the day is Utah State at San Diego. The Aggies have been impressive in compiling a 3-0 record at home against decent opponents. Now they take their show on the road to face first year coach Steve Lavin who has assembled a bunch of 5th year players from major conferences, giving him the 2nd most experienced team in the country. I like San Diego to cover the 7. On a side note, I’m watching to see how well USD forward Marcellus Earlington looks. He was lined up to come to CSU but David Roddy committed too late for the NBA draft.

Im rooting for Sparty today as the host the Flying Dutchmen of Hofstra. They’re really from Holland - isn’t that weird? Hofstra is a solid team. I think they win easily today. I’ll take them and lay the 3.5.

If SJSU wins this game, it will the be the first time starting 4-0 since '62-'63. Right now, SJSU is beating Hofstra 50-39 w/ 17:22 remaining in the 2nd half

Yes. I'm watching the game.

San Jose State lost to Hofstra 85-76 at home tonight and are now 3-1 in OOC play. The Spartans had a 14 point lead at half time, but they went cold in the second half. The Pride did the opposite and got red hot shooting 3's for the win. 🏀 

Next: @ Northern Colorado on Saturday, 11/19.

On 11/17/2022 at 10:40 PM, Aggie84025 said:

It was nice to see the Aggies pull out the victory on the road against a solid San Diego team.  Williams on USD went for 43 points and 7/8 from 3.  It is hard to win games in college ball when an opposing player goes off like that.

That dude was on fire. He reminded me of some of Hamilton’s games for UNLV last year. It was a very entertaining game except for the Toreros homer announcer. I had to mute that guy he was so obnoxious. 

Ended up 3 for 3 today on my bets. I had Hofstra and USD to cover. Kudos to the Aggies. Good chance that will be a Quad 2 win when the dust settles. And tough loss for much improved Sparty..