Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4rowsup

Wyoming bball game thread

I drove 300 miles round trip to watch that shit. No excuses.  Zero interior game. Maldo is broken. No leadership. 

They shat the bed. 

To the Lions’ credit, they shot pretty well. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 11/13/2022 at 6:08 PM, Subcanis said:

I drove 300 miles round trip to watch that shit. No excuses.  Zero interior game. Maldo is broken. No leadership. 

They shat the bed. 

To the Lions’ credit, they shot pretty well. 

SELA made some circus three-balls against CSU on Friday night. 

On 11/13/2022 at 6:16 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Maybe SE Lousiana is a damn good team? 

:whistle:

They shot it well and fouled a lot against CSU.  They weren’t horrible but I wouldn’t categorize them as damn good.

On 11/13/2022 at 6:53 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

They shot it well and fouled a lot against CSU.  They weren’t horrible but I wouldn’t categorize them as damn good.

That’s how they played us today.  Made a large percentage of their contested shots and played very physical.  One of their post players decided to take a cheap shot punch at our PG on his way up the floor (thankfully the play was reviewed and the player ejected).  

The Wyoming offense in the early on is to abandon the paint and Jack 3s all game.  Our starting center Thompson leads the team in 3 point shot attempts on the year I believe.   Not a recipe for consistency or  long term success.  

On 11/13/2022 at 6:33 PM, SLCPoke said:

Didn’t get to watch it. Seems that was fortunate. Yeesh. 

Don’t worry , you’re not alone.  The student section was empty and the overall attendance appeared to be what the volleyball team typically draws.  I was baffled but maybe everyone knew something I didn’t.  

I doubt it will end up being as horrific of a loss as BSU losing to CSU Bakersfield last year...and BSU losing that game ended up becoming a huge catalyst for BSU eventually winning the MWC.

Weird stuff happens early in college basketball. As long as it only happens once in the OOC Wyo will probably be fine...although it could come back and bite Wyo in the ass if they end up on the NCAAT bubble again.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:33 PM, SLCPoke said:

Didn’t get to watch it. Seems that was fortunate. Yeesh. 

I've been watching it now, I'm about halfway through the second half. They're kinda taking you to the woodshed, lol. But, as said above, it's one game, and it's early.

I watched the replay. It’s not like SEL was bad. They were pretty quick and made their shots. Wyoming defense could have been better and they shot an awful lot of threes but that’s what SEL gave them. Still, if Ike plays this game wouldn’t have been close. 

Just about every college team has good players. If you’re not ready to play and the opponent shoots well you’re going to lose. 

On 11/13/2022 at 10:01 PM, soupslam1 said:

Loss of Ike was huge. He demands attention which opens up perimeter shots. No way Wyoming can compensate. 

CSU’s two bigs murdered SELA at or around the rim. They combined to shoot 8-12 inside, 6-6 at the FT line, and took only two shots from beyond the arc (made them both).

Without Ike, Wyoming didnt really attack the rim with their bigs. Their 4’s and 5’s combined to shoot 1-6 on the inside, 3-5 from the line; they were happy to shoot three’s where they were a combined 4-18.

Wyoming mostly used Maldonado backing guys down to get to the rim.

CSU shot 8-15 from beyond the arc in the first half against SELA and only led by 2. They made a conscious decision to get to the rim more in the second half and pulled away. WYO was tied at half and chose to keep playing the same way, with nearly 2/3 of their shots coming from the perimeter. If they have the horses to get to the rim, that’s on the coaching staff. If they don’t have the horses, that’s a whole different story and make them the purest “Live by the three, die by the three” type of team in Ike’s absence.