Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Is there going to be a Hawaii Bowl this season?

I tried to find an answer to that question online and found several sites which show that the Hawaii Bowl will be played in 2022 at the Clarence T.C. Ching athletic complex at the Univ. of Hawaii at Manoa.  And the seating capacity listed for that football field is 9,300.   Are they really going to have a Div. 1 BOWL GAME held at a facility that seats only 9,300 people?

On 11/12/2022 at 7:10 AM, Bronco7454 said:

I tried to find an answer to that question online and found several sites which show that the Hawaii Bowl will be played in 2022 at the Clarence T.C. Ching athletic complex at the Univ. of Hawaii at Manoa.  And the seating capacity listed for that football field is 9,300.   Are they really going to have a Div. 1 BOWL GAME held at a facility that seats only 9,300 people?

I don’t think the Hawaii Bowl had that many fans anyways. 9k fans in a 50k stadium looked terrible. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 11/12/2022 at 7:10 AM, Bronco7454 said:

If the Potato Bowl had the same restrictions, you still wouldn't have an issue getting a ticket, regardless of what the nonsense announced attendance number is.

That is probably the case for most of the lower tier bowls. It might make for a better atmosphere.

Does TC Ching have Concourses ?

An Aztec invite would fill them up.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/12/2022 at 5:10 AM, Bronco7454 said:

Yes, the Hawaii Bowl will be played and it will be held at Ching.  It's a made-for-TV event (ESPN owns it), so as long as the ratings are decent the number of attendees isn't a big deal.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, doggystyleu2 said:

San Jose should have a bowl game every year call the toilet bowl the perfect place for it

I went to the Silicon Valley Classic in 2003 vs UCLA with the BMB and it had rained for the few days leading up to the game. The entire field was a muddy hole. I'm sure it was fun for the football teams but it was garbage for the band.

On 11/12/2022 at 11:35 AM, AZdogFan said:

I went to the Silicon Valley Classic in 2003 vs UCLA with the BMB and it had rained for the few days leading up to the game. The entire field was a muddy hole. I'm sure it was fun for the football teams but it was garbage for the band.

Alejandro Jodorowsky Festival GIF by Arrow Video

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

ESPN still likes having the Hawaii Bowl (since they can cross-promote it with the Diamond Head Classic in the Stan Sheriff Center next door). Sunshine, warm weather and blue oceans when its freezing across most of the country, etc.

Hawaii Bowl used to have maybe around 15k-20k or so on average in the 50k capacity Aloha. So 9.3k capacity this year isn't much worse and probably will be near capacity unless tickets are outrageous priced (probably not and will probably be near give away levels). Hawaii was supposed to play Memphis last year before we pulled out due to the Graham situation and transfers issue as a result.