Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

2022 World Cup!!

On 11/25/2022 at 3:45 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

So, it's a 'moral' victory? 

I'm not a fan of moral victories...we're 'Murica dammit. 

From what I can gather, we need to beat Iran to make it to the next round..true?

It’s a draw which is better than a defeat. Win and we move on. Anything less and we’re out.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 11/25/2022 at 3:45 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

So, it's a 'moral' victory? 

I'm not a fan of moral victories...we're 'Murica dammit. 

From what I can gather, we need to beat Iran to make it to the next round..true?

A draw with England in a World Cup is a great result. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 11/25/2022 at 6:37 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

A draw with England in a World Cup is a great result. 

I suppose so....but I wouldn't let them know that.  English are an arrogant bunch.

Reminds me of covering the spread vs Boise teams....great result but not what is wanted.

On 11/25/2022 at 4:52 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

I suppose so....but I wouldn't let them know that.  English are an arrogant bunch.

They know it. The England fans are calling for their Manager’s head.

I don’t understand why England played the way they did. I expected them to put a lot more pressure on the ball similar to the way Wales played in the second half - but with much better players. Instead they gave us space. With better finishers this would have been a comfortable victory. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 11/25/2022 at 6:07 PM, dshawfan said:

I do chuckle a bit at some of these fans of other countries. With some of them, soccer is all they have and it’s everything to them. We have plenty of high level sports. 

As a proud resident of the USA, I’d love to dominate this sport too but I don’t lose any sleep over soccer success.  

I’m happy we still have a chance to advance. I’ve enjoyed our two games so far. We have talent for sure. 

On 11/25/2022 at 8:16 PM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

"WE?"  You're a USMNT fan now?

When have I ever not been. Just because you enjoy something doesn’t mean you can’t make fun of it’s ridiculous aspects. I swear soccer fans are the most simpering ninnies imaginable when anything not completely positive is uttered about the game.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 11/26/2022 at 12:00 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

When have I ever not been. Just because you enjoy something doesn’t mean you can’t make fun of it’s ridiculous aspects. I swear soccer fans are the most simpering ninnies imaginable when anything not completely positive is uttered about the game.

Take your farcical narrative constructed in the image of your safe space paradigm & run w/it you American Patriot.

You are doing God's wrk good man.  We are so lucky to have you!

On 11/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

Reminds me of covering the spread vs Boise teams....great result but not what is wanted.

My wife was telling me that her co-workers in England (they have their main HQ there until there merger is complete) were talking all kinds of shit about the match. She was finally like... guys, I don't like sports, but now I hope you lose. 😂

On 11/25/2022 at 6:07 PM, dshawfan said:

Mason Mount is crap. Probably couldn’t get into that US midfield of Adams, McKennie, and Musah.

On 11/26/2022 at 1:57 AM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

Take your farcical narrative constructed in the image of your safe space paradigm & run w/it you American Patriot.

You are doing God's wrk good man.  We are so lucky to have you!

You are lucky indeed. Now run along and weep for the fall of communism and the bruised honor of the harmless and mostly useless Canadians.

On 11/26/2022 at 11:57 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

Mason Mount is crap. Probably couldn’t get into that US midfield of Adams, McKennie, and Musah.

Don't say that to Chelsea fans... they're in love with the guy even though he's been outplayed by Pulisic and a number of other guys in their midfield. 

On 11/26/2022 at 9:08 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

You are lucky indeed. Now run along and weep for the fall of communism and the bruised honor of the harmless and mostly useless Canadians.

Useless Canadians?  Anthony Bennett was once the #1 overall pick in the NBA Draft.  The slander of America's Hat cannot stand! :D