Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Game Thread: USA vs the Midterms

On 11/14/2022 at 2:56 PM, youngredbullfan said:

@thelawlorfaithful Oh wow, as an Ohio expert, how would you explain this???? CRIME! CRIME! CRIME! CRIME!

Uh huh

https://governor.ohio.gov/media/news-and-media/governor-dewine-awards-tenth-round-of-ohio-violent-crime-reduction-grant-awards

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:33 PM, UNLV2001 said:

The orange crap stain won't like these numbers - Let's hope he stays in the race (if he can stay out of prison) and he takes his cult with him & runs a 3rd party option shredding the GOP 

Those are pretty amazing numbers considering Desantis isn’t a very likable guy and doesn’t have his own cult. Wait until the candidate list gets long. I think you’re going to see GOP candidates wait a bit to see if Trump gets indicted before they declare. Once that happens, the initial 6 declare, and that gives cover to the rest to run. 

Trump will stay in long enough that it’ll be too late to get on the ballot as an Indy. 

kat.jpg

David Brooks of PBS hit the nail on the head. He said Trump wins in a crowded field. He will consistently Poll at around 35% and his competitors will split the rest. Trump wins because of the R winner take all rule.

It's the 2016 Primary all over again. 

It looks like Biden will run as well, which, takes all the air out of the Dem Primaries.

It's like deja vu all over again.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/14/2022 at 3:41 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Those are pretty amazing numbers considering Desantis isn’t a very likable guy and doesn’t have his own cult. Wait until the candidate list gets long. I think you’re going to see GOP candidates wait a bit to see if Trump gets indicted before they declare. Once that happens, the initial 6 declare, and that gives cover to the rest to run. 

Trump will stay in long enough that it’ll be too late to get on the ballot as an Indy. 

The OCS will stay in as long as he can:

1- Get media attention - His narcissism needs to be fed

2- He can continue to make $$ off the cult - This scam is the most profitable one he's ever run & has the most suckers 

3- To screw anyone in the GOP who doesn't take a knee & vow absolute loyalty - OCS's ego won't allow him go out without burning down everyone who isn't on their knees in front of him

4- This is the OCS's last hurrah, so there's probably no limit / line he won't cross, even to the point of possibly instigating more violence from his cult ala January 6 - This is it for him & everything be damned regardless of the danger / damage he causes to the country 

On 11/14/2022 at 3:59 PM, Spaztecs said:

David Brooks of PBS hit the nail on the head. He said Trump wins in a crowded field. He will consistently Poll at around 35% and his competitors will split the rest. Trump wins because of the R winner take all rule.

It's the 2016 Primary all over again. 

It looks like Biden will run as well, which, takes all the air out of the Dem Primaries.

It's like deja vu all over again.

At his age, Biden could have things happen that change his situation .........it's still 2 years from the 2024 election, he doesn't need to make anything official for at least another 6 to 8 to 12 months.

But what a option....... the voters will have two of the oldest candidates ever on the ballot -- Which could drive a 3rd option that's not in the 78+ year age group :oldman:

Biden would be 82 years, 2 months on inauguration day in 2025 :oldman:

The OCS would be 78 years, 7 months on inauguration day in 2025 :oldman:

On 11/14/2022 at 6:05 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

DeWine is not a crime guy. He's not a culture warrior. You have no idea what you're talking about.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 11/14/2022 at 5:26 PM, youngredbullfan said:

DeWine is not a crime guy. He's not a culture warrior. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Guy puts $100 million into fighting crime since April but sure, I don’t know what I’m talking about. :rolleyes:

https://spectrumnews1.com/oh/columbus/news/2022/08/15/ohio-violent-crime-reduction-grant-program-increased-to--100-million

"Violent crime is spiking nationwide, and here in Ohio, I want to ensure that our local law enforcement agencies have as much support as possible," said DeWine in the release. "From new equipment to more staff, we're giving our agencies the flexibility to use these grants in ways that make the biggest impact on the safety of their communities."

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Guy puts $100 million into fighting crime since April but sure, I don’t know what I’m talking about. :rolleyes:

https://spectrumnews1.com/oh/columbus/news/2022/08/15/ohio-violent-crime-reduction-grant-program-increased-to--100-million

"Violent crime is spiking nationwide, and here in Ohio, I want to ensure that our local law enforcement agencies have as much support as possible," said DeWine in the release. "From new equipment to more staff, we're giving our agencies the flexibility to use these grants in ways that make the biggest impact on the safety of their communities."

Every governor in the country things like this.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Crime was not central to his campaign messaging. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:09 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

image.gif.4014fe3d2c6466c19eb79917b27cef47.gif
image.gif.050f843d64a88574e4e607552e29dd87.gif

And Lombardo didn’t exactly embrace Trump. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 11/14/2022 at 10:12 PM, youngredbullfan said:

Every governor in the country things like this.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Crime was not central to his campaign messaging. 

You mean the sitting governor with a trifecta didn’t hammer the government on crime in advertisements but instead poured millions into law enforcement as a policy? Big mystery. 

It’s probably a good thing for the country Reps won.  MTG is all in on subpoena power.  She will get her spot on the oversight committee.  I’m hoping that Garland keeps his calendar free and testifies every time he is called.  

My guess

1) MTG abuses her subpoena power and turns off the country. 

2) Garland is ready for her and will slam dunk all the stupid lies floating around GQP circles

3) MTG, Gaetz, et al will damage the Reps chances in the 24 election year when Republicans have a very favorable election cycle.