Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Game Thread: USA vs the Midterms

On 11/9/2022 at 1:24 AM, Los_Aztecas said:

Dunno. I grew up in san diego, in a military family, and served. My wife grew up in rural Ohio. We have pretty much voted straight R until 2020 when we voted to get rid of Trump.  We both voted straight D this election, and ideologically we have little in common with them. If the republican party can't get us to vote for them, especially with the Dims screwing the pooch with the economy, the Trumplicans have a platform/messaging problem.

Trump is a loser. I don’t know how many elections it will take for the right to figure it out but they will eventually. He got lucky to face Clinton in 2016. She lost, he didn’t really win.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 11/9/2022 at 2:02 AM, robe said:

Well this is what we learned from the election. 

1. Republicans moved in mass to Florida during the pandemic. 

2. we are a divided country

I fully expected a red wave when the results of Florida came pouring in. 

Kinda like McGovern taking Massachusetts early in the evening in '72. That was the high water mark and the floor fell out from under him after that.

I too was stunned by the Electorates rejection of Tea Party/Trumpism. I thought and feared Trumpism was on the verge of generational political dominance.

I learned three things tonight:

1. The Dem base was energized by the perceived threats to Liberty.

2. The Rino's rejected Trumpism for the second straight Election cycle.

3. The Pollsters still have no clue.

Trumpism has lost its place as a driving force in the GOP on a national level. Thank God. They will still be a factor, especially in Deep Red States and Districts and will still have a sizeable voting Bloc. But, they are no longer the driving force of  the Party. They ex- communicated, villified,  and ostracized the Moderates and it bit them in the ass in the last two Elections.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/8/2022 at 8:08 PM, CPslograd said:

I was just playing around.

I don’t mind a micro lager or Pilsner, IPA and the wheat beers aren’t my taste.

Light beer is like a hamburger.  Plus as Stalin said quantity has a quality all its own.

You have to admit, hipster beer snob guy can be a little irritating.

I am a beer snob guy and I find others irritating. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 11/9/2022 at 2:12 AM, robe said:

Gridlock is good. I would take gridlock forever. 

It appears that the Democrats have the upper hand on the senate. We have to win Nevada and the run off. 

Not even sure what the projection on the house is now. Probably a small lead for Republicans. 

Time for the Moderates in both Parties to band together and elect a moderate no bullshit Speaker. Marginalize the voting blocs of the the Progressives and Trumpists, marginalize their Committee assignments. Make them a non factor.

Time to roll up their sleeves and work honestly and earnestly with the other side for all the Electorate. Not just theirs.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/9/2022 at 1:16 AM, UNLV2001 said:

If the GOP does take the House, but by much less than they anticipated, maybe some saner voices rise and calm down and try to accomplish something - they aren't getting the mandate to just hold silly revenge investigations & impeachments to appease their drooling base...........this not being a red wave should temper the GOP clown show 

The GOP is about to have their own Manchin and Sinema problems in the house,  I expect.  Rank and file Republican moderates will have outsized influence. 

Posted Image

On 11/9/2022 at 2:26 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Trump is a loser. I don’t know how many elections it will take for the right to figure it out but they will eventually. He got lucky to face Clinton in 2016. She lost, he didn’t really win.

And she still got more votes than him.

I think, therefore I'm.

On 11/9/2022 at 5:02 AM, Spaztecs said:

Time for the Moderates in both Parties to band together and elect a moderate no bullshit Speaker. Marginalize the voting blocs of the the Progressives and Trumpists, marginalize their Committee assignments. Make them a non factor.

Time to roll up their sleeves and work honestly and earnestly with the other side for all the Electorate. Not just theirs.

It doesn't matter who the speaker is if nothing can pass the senate.   The filibuster makes anything other than the most basic functions nearly impossible.   If you love the status quo, you love the filibuster.  If you want to solve immigration or any big problems you need a majority that can implement the will of the voters. 

Posted Image

On 11/9/2022 at 3:26 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Trump will either be the Republican nominee or a third party candidate but you guys aren't getting rid of him that easily.   Democrats handed you the murder weapon many times but you kept bailing him out.   In addition to his narcissism,  Trump has made being a candidate part of his criminal defense strategy.  

The guy is an albatross and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people. 

Posted Image

This is a disaster. A very small pickup for a small majority.  Maybe as small as a 220-215. 

Nevada has to go to the Republicans and then win the runoff. and the runoff doesn’t look positive since Walker lost round 1. 

this was a red drip. Similar to my orgasm when my prostate is functioning at some level. Disappointing when you expected a red explosion. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 11/9/2022 at 6:02 AM, Akkula said:

Trump will either be the Republican nominee or a third party candidate but you guys aren't getting rid of him that easily.   Democrats handed you the murder weapon many times but you kept bailing him out.   In addition to his narcissism,  Trump has made being a candidate part of his criminal defense strategy.  

The guy is an albatross and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people. 

Who are you talking to? You’re one of the morons that said he was a breathe of fresh air for the GOP. I was against him from day one. Don’t give me this crap like you weren’t suckered in by him. I was there. You absolutely were.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Hard to predict 2024. Trump should probably step aside now. It’s a difficult map for the Democrats, with a lot of democrat senators from red or swing states to defend. Manchin won’t agree to anything from Biden with his job on the line in 2024.  

On 11/9/2022 at 7:39 AM, Akkula said:

It doesn't matter who the speaker is if nothing can pass the senate.   The filibuster makes anything other than the most basic functions nearly impossible.   If you love the status quo, you love the filibuster.  If you want to solve immigration or any big problems you need a majority that can implement the will of the voters. 

Maybe it will force these morons to finally work together. We are looking at a slim house majority and most likely a 50/50 senate with Manchin trying to save his job in 2 years. Manchin will be a very powerful senator. 

On 11/9/2022 at 6:48 AM, toonkee said:

How does Wisconsin elect a dem governor and then also elect this super R turd? Weird.

Cuz we’re the greatest country in the world.

On 11/8/2022 at 9:59 PM, mugtang said:

That probably isn’t enough to win.  I think they need to run 60+% in Clark and even in Washoe to offset the rurals. 

Told you 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater