Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Game Thread: USA vs the Midterms

On 11/8/2022 at 8:03 PM, robe said:

Does the massive win in Florida mean anything. I didn’t think it would be this big.

Does Florida ever mean anything 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 11/8/2022 at 5:02 PM, NVGiant said:

Admittedly, I didn't catch the context. But I can't help myself. Love of bad chain beer is a character flaw.

I was just playing around.

I don’t mind a micro lager or Pilsner, IPA and the wheat beers aren’t my taste.

Light beer is like a hamburger.  Plus as Stalin said quantity has a quality all its own.

You have to admit, hipster beer snob guy can be a little irritating.

My favorite story today will be in Maricopa County, where the Republican candidates spent weeks imploring their voters to eschew mail-in balloting and instead all show up to the polls today. Then whine that long lines today mostly affected Republican areas. :thumbsup:

On 11/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, robe said:

Does the massive win in Florida mean anything. I didn’t think it would be this big.

On 11/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, robe said:

They cheated. It's doesn't make sense any other way. Seize the machines.

On 11/8/2022 at 5:08 PM, CPslograd said:

Light beer is like a hamburger.  Plus as Stalin said quantity has a quality all its own.

Watery beers have a time and place. I like a rolling rock when the vibe is right. 

On 11/8/2022 at 5:08 PM, CPslograd said:

For sure. But so is the "real men drink Budweiser" dude. It takes all kinds, really. Personally, I think a crisp pilsner is a work of art. I love 'em, and if it's on the tap list, it's always the first beer I order. But I enjoy a good IPA, too. There are just so many good local brewery options now, no matter what city you're in, that I find it hard to not go with something local — whether I am at home or on the road.

On 11/8/2022 at 5:15 PM, toonkee said:

Watery beers have a time and place. I like a rolling rock when the vibe is right. 

Not tap beer though.  I like my beer brewed in vats the size of Rhode Island (one of the all time great Miller commercials btw).

But I don't like bud, bud light, or coors on draft.  Bottles preferrably, but I can live with cans.