Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Game Thread: USA vs the Midterms

On 11/8/2022 at 3:13 PM, Bob said:

For sure, but how many states still have mail-in options?   I think we could be setting the Republicans up for more meltdowns when the mail-in ballots start being counted tonight.  In 2020 40% of Trump voters voted in-person versus 18% of Biden voters.  Could be seeing that trend increasing or decreasing, making the exit polls meaniningless.

On 11/8/2022 at 4:18 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

For sure, but how many states still have mail-in options?   I think we could be setting the Republicans up for more meltdowns when the mail-in ballots start being counted tonight.  In 2020 40% of Trump voters voted in-person versus 18% of Biden voters.  Could be seeing that trend increasing or decreasing, making the exit polls meaniningless.

Never a good idea to put too much stock into exit polling, anyway.

On 11/8/2022 at 7:06 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Alright folks, we’ve been through this before. I want you to protect yourself at all times. We want a good clean fight but low blows are acceptable after 8:30 pm pacific time. Remember that Pennsylvania, Georgia, Nevada, Arizona etc…are run by morons. This may take days. Pace yourselves. I would recommend cheap light beer to start the night, something easy to vomit later. You can get into the fancy stuff after dinner. No hard alcohol until after the Midwest closes the polls. Stick with the clear alcohols until after 9 pm. No tequila. The exception of course is if you are left leaning and New Hampshire goes haywire. Then you can go straight to brown alcohol, two fingers at a time but nobody is counting.

Be safe out there and nobody get captured. Good luck and Godspeed.

Many of us just refer to that as beer.

If I ask the bartender for a beer, I expect one of those.  IF they look at me like I'm a philistine when I say I want a beer and don't specify some ridiculous IPA or wheat beer, I put my wallet away and go somewhere else where I can find my people.

On 11/8/2022 at 3:51 PM, robe said:

I expect 53 seats in the Senate and a pick up of 20 seats in the house. Let’s see what happens.

I'm going with 245 in the house, and 52 in the senate.

Would be happy with 240 and 51.

Anything less then the leadership of the GOP has a lot of explaining to do.