Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

The Borg at Boise

On 11/6/2022 at 12:41 PM, Celeritas said:

Typical BYU vs. Boise game. Given that BYU out-gained Boise by 200+ yards it's shocking it was that close, but the gaffes in time management and ... other factors kept it close.

I hope we schedule more games.

Boise: Was impressed with the DL and Safeties. They played hard and swarmed. Hall's first interception was caused by pressure, Boise earned that. 

BYU: Having starters return to the DL and defensive backfield made a difference. Some replacement starters (Bywater for Wilgar, LaChance for Kingsley, whoever that RB is for Brooks) looked better than the guys they replaced.

Puka Nacua is just a cut above this level. Ridiculous. 

I thought BYU moved their LBs and DBs closer to the LOS to limit the run than they had in their last four losses. We countered in the second half by throwing the ball more which was effective. The whole game boiled down to our defense not being able to stop BYUs passing game and subsequent big edge in TOP. 

I hate to see the series end. Lots of great close games except for a couple. 

On 11/5/2022 at 8:37 PM, Jack Bauer said:

user generated

Look like that toe is down to me, gang.

I can't believe he caught that.

GG BYU...should've also been a TD for the Borg to end the half.

Boise State has some solid talent at QB and RB. Green needs experience, better receivers and continued improvement on the OL. And the defense...not sure what happened there last night! Thought they'd be the foundation for the win against BYU. I thought the DL was getting zero pressure on Hall when they weren't blitzing.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:14 PM, SparkysDad said:

GG BYU...should've also been a TD for the Borg to end the half.

Boise State has some solid talent at QB and RB. Green needs experience, better receivers and continued improvement on the OL. And the defense...not sure what happened there last night! Thought they'd be the foundation for the win against BYU. I thought the DL was getting zero pressure on Hall when they weren't blitzing.

I told everybody all week BYU was going to pass all over us.  Tarlas gone, Matlock at far less than 100%, Demetri injured on first play, Bagnah transfer (stupid move he would have been the starter the rest of this season).  Biggers, our best cover corner would not have been a top 3 CB for us most the past 20 years.  We lack talent at WR, CB, O-line and depth at other positions.  We have NFL talent at safety, QB, and RB.  

Still, we have something special in our Freshmen stars, our future looks bright.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:25 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I told everybody all week BYU was going to pass all over us.  Tarlas gone, Matlock at far less than 100%, Demetri injured on first play, Bagnah transfer (stupid move he would have been the starter the rest of this season).  Biggers, our best cover corner would not have been a top 3 CB for us most the past 20 years.  We lack talent at WR, CB, O-line and depth at other positions.  We have NFL talent at safety, QB, and RB.  

Still, we have something special in our Freshmen stars, our future looks bright.

The extra Covid year is a blessing for us. We would be incredibly thin next year if it wasn't for that extra year.

This is also easily the worst group of receivers in a long long long time 

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:49 PM, Reverend said:

The extra Covid year is a blessing for us. We would be incredibly thin next year if it wasn't for that extra year.

This is also easily the worst group of receivers in a long long long time 

McAlister is our most talented receiver by far and was sitting on the bench because of Plough and his favorites.  Meaning he IS WAY behind where is capable of being 

We need a deep threat to complement him and a hand guys.  Harsin absolutely blew it his last few recruiting classes.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:58 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

McAlister is our most talented receiver by far and was sitting on the bench because of Plough and his favorites.  Meaning he IS WAY behind where is capable of being 

We need a deep threat to complement him and a hand guys.  Harsin absolutely blew it his last few recruiting classes.

Harsin let personal and political views get in the way of football and the University.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

I switched over to the WS and the Boise YBU game after watching the thrilling offensive display of the 1st half of the of the Aztecs and Rebels game. Besides SDSU's all blacks and scarlet, the Broncos all black and blue uniforms were some of the best I have seen. They should stick with that. 

On 11/6/2022 at 5:11 PM, AztecAlien said:

I switched over to the WS and the Boise YBU game after watching the thrilling offensive display of the 1st half of the of the Aztecs and Rebels game. Besides SDSU's all blacks and scarlet, the Broncos all black and blue uniforms were some of the best I have seen. They should stick with that. 

I hope we burn the black uniforms. We either lose or play crappy in them. 

On 11/6/2022 at 7:22 PM, soupslam1 said:

I hope we burn the black uniforms. We either lose or play crappy in them. 

Tough loss. Those uniforms are badass though. 

On 11/6/2022 at 3:25 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I wish I was as optimistic as you HMHB. Who knows how good our freshman are. If Our freshman stars were that good they would be playing more. As you indicated we have a lot of holes to fill throughout most position groups except for Green and Jeanty who will be future stars. Biggest needs are better CBs, a deep threat WR ala Wilson and Hightower, and a edge that can get to the QB. 

On 11/6/2022 at 3:31 PM, soupslam1 said:

I thought BYU moved their LBs and DBs closer to the LOS to limit the run than they had in their last four losses. We countered in the second half by throwing the ball more which was effective. The whole game boiled down to our defense not being able to stop BYUs passing game and subsequent big edge in TOP. 

I hate to see the series end. Lots of great close games except for a couple. 

I hope you guys get in the B12. This would be one of the top rival games in the conference and certainly BYU’s top rival. Even if you don’t we need to find a way to play at least semi regular. I like playing Utah 6 times a decade and maybe Biose the same. I like USU but I wouldn’t play them unless they do a 2-1 like we did before independence. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 11/6/2022 at 8:45 PM, robe said:

I hope you guys get in the B12. This would be one of the top rival games in the conference and certainly BYU’s top rival. Even if you don’t we need to find a way to play at least semi regular. I like playing Utah 6 times a decade and maybe Biose the same. I like USU but I wouldn’t play them unless they do a 2-1 like we did before independence. 

Huh.

On the other hand, eat $h!te and die.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 11/6/2022 at 9:14 PM, Jack Bauer said:

Go eff yourself. You’re such a scab of a human being. Imagine being a man your age and acting this way  about young adults playing sports. Grow the hell up, gramps

Hussy, thy name is betrayal.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 11/6/2022 at 10:07 PM, USU78 said:

Huh.

On the other hand, eat $h!te and die.

I like USU but why would BYU play a game in 25k stadium  H/H when we have fans across the country. We didn’t do while in the WAC or MWC why would we do it in the B12. We have 3 non conference games and 3 main rivals plus a host of other P12 and MWC teams that want to play us, in addition we have BYU fans out east and in the south that want BYU to play in that region 

FCS/ USU home game only or UNLV at  Provo south/ Provo UNLV would have to agree to be road team in Las Vegas as well. 

rival game BSU/Utah 6 out of 10, 4 years to other western schools

H/H to different regions 

The Masters 5k road race All American.