Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willie Cee

Expansion Questions Clearing Up?

On 11/2/2022 at 6:29 PM, Willie Cee said:

Sorry Fresno and Boise. You may have won the battles this year, but it's becoming evident that the Aztecs will likely win the war (Source a Stanford guy of all things) 

www.si.com/college/stanford/football/college-football-pac-12-and-san-diego-state-have-had-ongoing-communication

I think everyone knows if the Pac expands, SDSU is at the very top (of the G5 candidates). They check a lot of boxes. The rest of us are mostly hoping SDSU & *my team here*. From what I'm hearing, it could be SDSU and Gonzaga. That wouldn't be a bad move by the Pac.

On 11/2/2022 at 7:40 PM, kingpotato said:

I think everyone knows if the Pac expands, SDSU is at the very top (of the G5 candidates). They check a lot of boxes. The rest of us are mostly hoping SDSU & *my team here*. From what I'm hearing, it could be SDSU and Gonzaga. That wouldn't be a bad move by the Pac.

Improves their basketball and sets a presence in SOCal for recruiting. Also Gonzaga probably would be paid less due to them not having Football so less issue with splitting funds.

On 11/2/2022 at 5:29 PM, Willie Cee said:

Sorry Fresno and Boise. You may have won the battles this year, but it's becoming evident that the Aztecs will likely win the war (Source a Stanford guy of all things) 

www.si.com/college/stanford/football/college-football-pac-12-and-san-diego-state-have-had-ongoing-communication

I hope you are right........but as a looooooooooooong time Aztec fan, I can't help but visualize the Charlie Brown and Lucy kicking the FB scene, and unfortunately, we ain't Lucy 😬 

Charlie Brown Football GIF

On 11/2/2022 at 7:58 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Ongoing communication:

SDSU: hey pac?

P12: yes?

SDSU: watcha doin?

P12: expanding

SDSU: oh. can we come?!

P12: no.

SDSU: oh.

P12: sorry.

SDSU: how bout now?

P12: 😑 

Thanks for your support. This is why leaving this conference and separating from the other Cal State schools would be welcome. BTW SJ- You would sell your Mother for the same chance and you know it. 

On 11/3/2022 at 9:59 AM, Willie Cee said:

Thanks for your support. This is why leaving this conference and separating from the other Cal State schools would be welcome. BTW SJ- You would sell you Mother for the same chance and you know it. 

You guys will still underperform even if you do join the PAC.  That's what SUDS does.

On 11/3/2022 at 10:06 AM, AztecSU said:

Aztec fans while we underperform in a P5

sad woody harrelson GIF

Won't mean much if you can't win.  But having a PAC logo on your field I guess will make you feel better.

Thanks for your support. This is why leaving this conference and separating from the other Cal State schools would be welcome. BTW SJ- You would sell your Mother for the same chance and you know it. 

SJSU continuing to have a football program is our equivalent to joining the pac-12

Meh. Just like USC and UCLA would have never allowed SDSU to join because it's too close (150mi), Stanford and Cal (both -50mi away) won't let SJSU join. I like our rivalries with UNR, Hawai'i, UNLV and Fresno. Bon Voyage. 

On 11/3/2022 at 12:17 PM, DoubleBlueGold said:

Meh. Just like USC and UCLA would have never allowed SDSU to join because it's too close (150mi), Stanford and Cal (both -50mi away) won't let SJSU join. I like our rivalries with UNR, Hawai'i, UNLV and Fresno. Bon Voyage. 

For me, the lack of a true rival has always been an issue. There was a time, before 2012, during which it seemed like SDSU/UNLV were headed there, especially in hoops. But it never really took off. But after all my years I finally realized we are our worst enemy and our true rivals, and games like last weekend are a great example. 

On 11/3/2022 at 12:33 PM, Cincy said:

Won't mean much if you can't win.  But having a PAC logo on your field I guess will make you feel better.

SDSU Football is 6-3 against the PAC 12 since 2017. 6-1 prior to this debacle of a season. Those wins include ranked Utah, ranked ASU, ranked Stanford, Arizona and UCLA. The Aztecs Can compete if this current coaching staff pulls their heads out or the SDSU AD brings in better coaches altogether. Last week's unacceptable loss didn't help. 

Aztecs Basketball can definitely compete in the PAC 12 as well. 

On 11/3/2022 at 11:33 AM, Cincy said:

That and another 30 million a year.....Not to mention retaining a lot of the phenomenal talent that leaves SD county simply because of the lure of P-5. I think the Aztecs can live with the results regardless. 

On 11/3/2022 at 12:38 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

“Ongoing dialogue” incoming circa 2035!

I guess you didn't get my reference...since I was commiserating with Spartan fans, we were where you are back then(hanging on by a thread).