Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Oh No!!! We only have 25 days of Diesel Fuel left.

On 11/2/2022 at 3:57 PM, Jackrabbit said:

Make all the fun you want...between govt and green banks lending policy , refinery conversion to biodiesel...expensive and very limited volumes.... diesel stockpiles size , refining capacity is limited.....fuel prices will  keep going up underpinning inflation. 

oh man jack that's wild. crazy how all that coincides to make fuel prices swing wildly exactly in line with geopolitical events and cartel supply restrictions lol

It's hard to heat your house with renewables.. Folks will freeze or pay huge amounts to heat their homes.

oh man. so right. i mean nobody has had a conversation on this board about heat pumps recently or anything

There is little difference between heatng fuel and diesel.   As usual, you guys are out of touch.

indeed. so many people in, uh, wyoming heat their houses with heating fuel and not natural gas!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Not like the supply has never been low in the past. 🙄

Heck it was at 26 days in November 2019 and Fox ignored the "crisis" back then. We hit 21 days in February 2003 and the world did not end under GWB.

This is the US days of supply of distillates by week going back to 1991.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=W_EPD0_VSD_NUS_DAYS&f=W

On 11/2/2022 at 2:00 PM, happycamper said:

oh man jack that's wild. crazy how all that coincides to make fuel prices swing wildly exactly in line with geopolitical events and cartel supply restrictions lol

oh man. so right. i mean nobody has had a conversation on this board about heat pumps recently or anything

indeed. so many people in, uh, wyoming heat their houses with heating fuel and not natural gas!

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/30/diesel-market-in-perfect-storm-as-prices-surge-and-supplies-dwindle.html

I would guess that the 10,000,000 heat pumps needed would need to be put on a heavy fuel boat/truck from China.   Have you ever run a heat pump in a cold climate?

Guess we shouldnt worry....govt is looking out for us and will fix it. 

On 11/3/2022 at 8:58 AM, Jackrabbit said:

Have you ever run a heat pump in a cold climate?

Is a Chicago winter cold enough for you?

https://sealed.com/resources/do-heat-pumps-work-in-chicago-winters/

Do heat pumps work in Chicago? Are they really going to keep my house warm during a brutal Chicago winter?

The answer, in brief, is yes. New heat pumps are more than capable of handling Chicago’s frigid winters—and freezing Midwestern winters in general.

In fact, heat pumps are used successfully as far north as the Arctic Circle—and they’re extremely popular in countries like Finland and Norway (two places that are certainly not strangers to cold, long winters!) So using heat pumps in the Midwest is a smart idea; they’re 3 times more efficient than traditional heating system (1).

Ultimately, there’s nothing a Chicago winter can throw at you that today’s heat pump technology won’t be able to handle.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 11/3/2022 at 9:58 AM, Jackrabbit said:

ok? jack nobody is saying "diesel isn't up". I said "diesel is up because of geopolitical issues outside of our control, not some weird green conspiracy"

I would guess that the 10,000,000 heat pumps needed would need to be put on a heavy fuel boat/truck from China.  

... or from houston https://www.goodmanmfg.com/about/plant-locations

and also lmao jack, the amount of diesel required to transport a heat pump on ship from china to new york is less than what it is to transport one from houston to new york by truck.

truck - 1 container with 7 mpg -> 33.6 liters/100km/container

ship (panamax) - 5,000 containers, burns ~45,000 gallons per day, 19 mph. https://www.freightwaves.com/news/how-many-gallons-of-fuel-does-a-container-ship-carry#:~:text=Most ship engines have been,per day at that speed. => 4.69 liters/100km

Have you ever run a heat pump in a cold climate?

Yes. efficiency drops a bit. newer heat pumps work down to fort collins/denver level "cold climate" - see @Akkula's home building thread. 

but jack... wyoming doesn't use diesel lmao. it uses natural gas. 

Guess we shouldnt worry....govt is looking out for us and will fix it. 

why shouldn't we worry lmao? for that matter, what do you think a "green new deal" is if not somethng that decreases diesel consumption lmfao

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 11/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, happycamper said:

ok? jack nobody is saying "diesel isn't up". I said "diesel is up because of geopolitical issues outside of our control, not some weird green conspiracy"

and also lmao jack, the amount of diesel required to transport a heat pump on ship from china to new york is less than what it is to transport one from houston to new york by truck.

ship (panamax) - 5,000 containers, burns ~45,000 gallons per day, 19 mph. https://www.freightwaves.com/news/how-many-gallons-of-fuel-does-a-container-ship-carry#:~:text=Most ship engines have been,per day at that speed. => 4.69 liters/100km

Yes. efficiency drops a bit. newer heat pumps work down to fort collins/denver level "cold climate" - see @Akkula's home building thread. 

but jack... wyoming doesn't use diesel lmao. it uses natural gas. 

why shouldn't we worry lmao? for that matter, what do you think a "green new deal" is if not somethng that decreases diesel consumption lmfao

Better call Gramma....tell her that a free heatpump is on its way tomorrow!

On 11/3/2022 at 11:10 AM, Jackrabbit said:

Better call Gramma....tell her that a free heatpump is on its way tomorrow!

plot twist- gramma already heats her house with a heat pump

On 11/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, happycamper said:

Never argue technical details with an engineer. 

Unless you are an accountant. 

On 11/3/2022 at 9:39 AM, happycamper said:

plot twist- gramma already heats her house with a heat pump

Part of my whole point is that when govt puts downward pressure on the supply side, prices go up.  We all know that inflation is acceptable when your team is doing it.

Gramma just wants this shit to stop....in some parts of the country ....electric bills will be significantly increasing too.   Just wait until electricity supplies are also inadequate.  Isn't central planning great?

I am convinced Democrats hate humanity as well as the earth. The all out war on fossil fuels proves it. Building more refineries would bless society, but Democrats want to depopulate the earth and make life such a miserable struggle no one wants to reproduce.

On 11/3/2022 at 11:54 AM, Jackrabbit said:

Part of my whole point is that when govt puts downward pressure on the supply side, prices go up.  We all know that inflation is acceptable when your team is doing it.

Gramma just wants this shit to stop....in some parts of the country ....electric bills will be significantly increasing too.   Just wait until electricity supplies are also inadequate.  Isn't central planning great?

what downward pressure has the government put on diesel supply, jack? 

On 11/3/2022 at 11:57 AM, Bob said:

I am convinced Democrats hate humanity as well as the earth. The all out war on fossil fuels proves it. Building more refineries would bless society, but Democrats want to depopulate the earth and make life such a miserable struggle no one wants to reproduce.

GOD DAMN DEMOCRATS FOR NOT DOING CENTRALLY PLANNED ECONOMICS THE WAY I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 11/3/2022 at 10:04 AM, happycamper said:

GOD DAMN DEMOCRATS FOR NOT DOING CENTRALLY PLANNED ECONOMICS THE WAY I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. You and the other cultists want 4/5 of the humans on earth dead because you believe in the global warming fairy tale. There is no other explanation for the war on fossil fuels and nuclear energy. All out greed and corruption is the only other semi-plausible explanation.