Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Where Have You Traveled In The USA?

Fill it out and share your map. 🇺🇸

https://tenpages.github.io/us-level/us.html

I've never lived in a very cold climate, but I'd like to move to Wisconsin for a year or two. My wife does NOT agree. 

May be an image of text that says 'WA US Level 205 MT OR ND D MN SD WY WI ME NV MI NY UT NE IA MA co CA IL PA KS IN oH MO MD WV AZ OK NM KY TN VA AR NC MS AL SC GA TX LA AK FL PR pts 4 Lived Here StayedHere Here Visited Here Stopped Here Passed Here GU Wantto Here Never Been Here pts'

On 10/28/2022 at 8:20 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Wait, what was the difference in visit or stay?

I'm not entirely certain, but I treated it as "Visited" means you went to some attraction there and stayed for a few hours before moving on, while "Stayed" means that you spent at least a night there. "Stopped" to me was that you stopped for gas or a soda or something while driving through, or maybe that you spent time in an airport there. 

On 10/28/2022 at 5:23 PM, 406bleedsblue said:

In my noodle, I put the cut off at 2 weeks in one consecutive stay.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:23 PM, retrofade said:

I'm not entirely certain, but I treated it as "Visited" means you went to some attraction there and stayed for a few hours before moving on, while "Stayed" means that you spent at least a night there. "Stopped" to me was that you stopped for gas or a soda or something while driving through, or maybe that you spent time in an airport there. 

Hmmm, I will just leave mine as is.  Good to see a lot of folks checking this great Nation out though.  :USFlag:

On 10/28/2022 at 6:23 PM, retrofade said:

That's how I interpreted it too, however I didn't consider airport layovers as entering the state.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:20 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Wait, what was the difference in visit or stay?

For now

US Level 0.png

My assumption is stay includes at least 1 overnight stay.  Visit is more than stopping for gas.  Passed here is me driving through West Virginia.  By the way, lounges of Airports shouldn’t count.