Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Midterm results

Midterm Results  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result of the midterms be?

• GOP Takes the Senate and the House
    • GOP has the House dems hold the senate
    • Dems hold the Senate and the House
    • Dems Hold the House, GOP takes the Senate

We'll see, but I suspect tight races in red states may have weird or unexpected results in the wake of the abortion decision, women seem far more concerned about that than male voters for obvious reasons. I think the Reps take the house but fail to take the Senate and we have a split gov't(good). 

I don’t think the GOP will take the Senate.  But I am so excited to see MTG as speaker of the house.  Shit is going to be lit. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 10/24/2022 at 1:00 PM, mugtang said:

I don’t think the GOP will take the Senate.  But I am so excited to see MTG as speaker of the house.  Shit is going to be lit. 

The house will definitely be one strange peach tree dish.

On 10/24/2022 at 4:00 PM, mugtang said:

What if they make Trump the Speaker of the House?

On 10/24/2022 at 12:55 PM, bornontheblue said:

Real Clear politics has it 53-47 GOP

image.png.bdcf9ba4c8e92ef15a68e3a307995a7c.png

Seems like fuzzy math to me.  Using 2016 polls as underestimation (given the late Hillary email drop) and 2020 (given all the mail-in ballot increase in turnout) seems a bit sketchy.

image.png.69fb41938f590f550cfa14eedd95bd2e.png

RCP forecasting this as a win for Oz? It's certainly possible, but gonna need to see Oz in the lead in the next couple of weeks. Is it a fact that these  races always move toward the Republican candidate late in the race?  Or is that just a Trump thing?

image.png.133cf4adf4c6437b8a8dc2532f343c89.png

On 10/24/2022 at 4:54 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

RCP forecasting this as a win for Oz? It's certainly possible, but gonna need to see Oz in the lead in the next couple of weeks. Is it a fact that these  races always move toward the Republican candidate late in the race?  Or is that just a Trump thing?

image.png.133cf4adf4c6437b8a8dc2532f343c89.png

I think Pennsylvania has a debate this week. I imagine the health of the Lt. Gov will be watched by the people of the state and will probably have a big impact. 

On 10/24/2022 at 3:00 PM, masterfrog said:

I think Pennsylvania has a debate this week. I imagine the health of the Lt. Gov will be watched by the people of the state and will probably have a big impact. 

And on the other side, the quack doctor who thinks that drinking his own urine is a fun activity. The carpetbagger from New Jersey.

On 10/24/2022 at 3:00 PM, masterfrog said:

Could happen.  It's wild that a Muslim with Turkish citizenship could win a Senate race as a Republican.

51 or 52 seats for the Republicans. I posted earlier based on 2020 polls compared to actual results. GOP should take 52. Who knows if that will play out. Polls have undervalued Republican votes 2 to 4 percent over the last few cycles I assume it continues. 

Abortion issues is non issue if polls are correct. In fact it actually favors the Republicans at least according to an ABC poll a couple of weeks ago. Pro abortion voters are migrating to the Republicans because of the economy and Republicans according to the polls are more motivated over abortion than the Democrats. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 10/24/2022 at 5:49 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

This your guys’ first election in a recession recession, with high inflation, and a President with approval in the low forties?

Historically Dems would achieve a miracle if the held the senate under current conditions. Losing 2 seats and the house to a small majority historically would still be a win for the Democrats. 

Democrats historically should be optimistic for 2024 if the Republicans take both in narrow victories. 

On 10/24/2022 at 5:06 PM, GoDogs22 said:

And on the other side, the quack doctor who thinks that drinking his own urine is a fun activity. The carpetbagger from New Jersey.

You live in an alternate universe in your moms basement.