Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

High School Football Playoffs

On 11/1/2022 at 2:52 PM, dshawfan said:

Seeded 7th, open at home vs #10 Mt. Carmel

We, Brawley, were missing 8 starters last night, but somehow scratched out an 8-0 victory. It was definitely not a thing of beauty. Hopefully get 3 starters back this week. 

On 11/4/2022 at 8:18 PM, grandjean87 said:

Does Box Elder still host that big, multi-state HS wrestling tournament?

Pretty sure. Did you know it's named for a former coach who drowned on Willard Bay trying to save his kid from drowning? Such a sad thing.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 11/5/2022 at 9:36 AM, USU78 said:

Pretty sure. Did you know it's named for a former coach who drowned on Willard Bay trying to save his kid from drowning? Such a sad thing.

No. I just recall teams from Idaho going and I think my cousin's Colorado team (he was HC) went there at least once maybe in the '80s or early '90s? 

On 11/5/2022 at 8:37 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

We got bounced in the first round

Same with my high school, they lost to Hanford 84-21. High school football playoff selections are strange, they had a losing record but still made the playoffs. Lol

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 11/5/2022 at 8:51 AM, ridgeview2 said:

Same with my high school, they lost to Hanford 84-21. High school football playoff selections are strange, they had a losing record but still made the playoffs. Lol

In the southern section they use calpreps rankings. The top 10 go in division 1 and then they take the next 16 in division 2 and so on until they run out of league winners and/or teams that went at least 5-5. It makes for competitive playoffs - my school was 7-3 and lost to a 5-5 team from a tougher league - and cif definitely gets higher attendance as a result but to me it cheapens what it means to be a champion. I don’t like that you can go .500 and win a championship against weak competition but be top-ten in the section and get bounced in the first round by a top-5 team. 

On 11/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, dshawfan said:

@Fowl here is outside veer w the slot man acting as the pitch. Had QB got a pull read, his eyes would go to his 2nd read #8, if 8 attacks him, he throws to our slot, if 8 plays slot, he keeps and turns up field. 

IMG_1276.MOV

Oh man I can see how that could be deadly.  Really two pitch options and a potential pass option on the outside WR who is stalking the CB.  Could easily have that guy fake the block and run a go route. 

On 11/4/2022 at 9:11 PM, Pokes Forever said:

#2 Cheyenne East beat #3National County 55-36 and #1 Sheridan over #4 Cheyenne Central 63-42.  Colton Coon had over 500 yds rushing and 7 TD’ for Sheridan.  Sheridan and East played in a shootout at Sheridan earlier in the year with the Broncs coming out with a 42-39 win.  Should be great football at the War next weekend!

519 on something like only 27 carries.   

Well, our season came to an end last night in the quarterfinals 28-14. We were down 5 starters, and down 14-0 after 2 drives, but they scrapped back to 14-14 mid 3rd quarter before the wheels finally came off.

Proud of how they battled; they can hold their heads high imo.