Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

High School Football Playoffs

My high school in Pennsylvania went 4-5 for a down year. Made the state playoffs last year, but they always run into some charter school out of Philadelphia that is allowed to cheat. High School football is like college now. Kids go where they want especially down in Florida where I live.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:22 PM, landpoke said:

Sheridan Broncs, 9-0 in the highest classification in Wyoming.   Looking for their 29th state championship and 6th in the last 10 years.   

Granted a few of those are leather helmet days "media declared" championships, but whatever.  

¿There's 10 high schools in wyo, or did you have to go out-of-state to get 9-games?

On 10/24/2022 at 10:43 AM, dshawfan said:

We, (Brawley #7 in D2 in SDCIF) are 7-2 going into the League Championship game this week versus our mortal enemy, (Central #3 in D2 in SDCIF). Think small town Americana's version of Ohio State vs Michigan. It will be the 100th meeting between the 2 schools, Calpreps is calling it 28-22 for Central.....we shall see. Winner will probably get a bye in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I used to do some wrk with Brandt Beef, so I've been to Brawley a few time.  My soph or jr yr (I forget which) in HS we played nearby Calexico HS in the CIF SS Play-Off in Soccer.

¿Have you ever been out to the slabs?

On 10/29/2022 at 12:16 PM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

¿There's 10 high schools in wyo, or did you have to go out-of-state to get 9-games?

Listen stupid face, there are over a dozen football playing high schools in the state.  

Also, Sheridan beat Laramie 56-27 in the quarterfinals.  They'll face Cheyenne Central in the semis, making it this far for the 15th straight year.  

On 10/24/2022 at 10:00 AM, bornontheblue said:

I love this time of year 

How did your high school do this year. Let's hear it. 

My Minico Spartans (Minidoka County) 8-1 drew a 4 seed in the 4A Playoffs. They host Vallivue (Caldwell/Nampa) this Friday night. If they win they get the winner of Blackfoot and Hillcrest (Idaho Falls)  Bishop Kelly (Boise) is the #1 Seed at the 4A level. 

Probably the best team in the state of Idaho this year is 5A Meridian.  

Nasty weather tonight for the quarterfinals. I may walk over to my alma mater and see how much 9-0 Meridian is up (they beat Middleton something like 56-0 in the reg season). Brent Koetter (Dirk's bro)  is the OC to the HC -- a former NFL player and college HC . My nephew coached Meridian to a title in 2005 and the program he built won again in '07 after he left to coach large school in S. Florida (later did a stint at Bishop Gorman).  Meridian has the pole position as 9-1 Rocky Mountain (beat 14-12 in season) had to go 400 miles north to play Post Falls in a probable squall tonight.   Defending champ Rigby looks a little less solid than last year and had a 300 mile trip to Eagle today. 

On 11/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, grandjean87 said:

Nasty weather tonight for the quarterfinals. I may walk over to my alma mater and see how much 9-0 Meridian is up (they beat Middleton something like 56-0 in the reg season). Brent Koetter (Dirk's bro)  is the OC to the HC -- a former NFL player and college HC . My nephew coached Meridian to a title in 2005 and the program he built won again in '07 after he left to coach large school in S. Florida (later did a stint at Bishop Gorman).  Meridian has the pole position as 9-1 Rocky Mountain (beat 14-12 in season) had to go 400 miles north to play Post Falls in a probable squall tonight.   Defending champ Rigby looks a little less solid than last year and had a 300 mile trip to Eagle today. 

Minico plays Blackfoot. I'd go but I've got a bad cold. Tested negative for COVID twice. Probably not a good idea to sit in the cold for two hours, so I'll stream it at home 

On 10/29/2022 at 3:12 PM, bornontheblue said:

My Minico Spartans are #2 in the state and defeated the Vallivue Falcons in overtime last night. They move on to play Blackfoot next Friday . 

Wow. It's a game at Meridian. 6-6 just before half.  That's HS football for you. Beat a team 56-0 in season and it's a tight playoff game. 

Edit:  Meridian scored late, but missed the PAT.  12-6 halftime. 

18-6 final.  Meridian vs. Mountain View in the semis.  Rocky vs Rigby in the other.  

#2 Cheyenne East beat #3National County 55-36 and #1 Sheridan over #4 Cheyenne Central 63-42.  Colton Coon had over 500 yds rushing and 7 TD’ for Sheridan.  Sheridan and East played in a shootout at Sheridan earlier in the year with the Broncs coming out with a 42-39 win.  Should be great football at the War next weekend!

It SUCKS to be a CSU Ram!

In southern NV playoffs, Gorman was in a tight battle and got scored on, before blowing out its opponent.  Liberty beat Arbor View and will host Gorman in the 5A semifinals.  

In 4A, 3 blowouts by Silverado, Shadow Ridge,  and Coronado, all of which should be moving to 5A next year.  Las Vegas, with a sophomore QB attracting lots of interest, won.  Silverado is likely the 3rd best team in NV behind Gorman and Liberty.  Silverado vs Coronado and Shadow Ridge vs Las Vegas in the 4A semis. 

Strangely enough,  Liberty, Silverado, and Coronado are very close together geographically. 

Bye Bye, Best of luck! !! May the MWC survive, and prosper