Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

818SUDSFan

Rank 'em

I decided to take the reins this week since my team won yesterday but is headed for a loss each of the next two weeks so I need to enjoy having a few teams below us while I can.

Tier 1

Boise State: Much as it pains me to write this, the Broncos are clearly the class of a league of D and F students.

Tier 2

Vacant

Tier 3

SJSU: Brennan does more with less money than any coach in this woebegone conference.

Wyo: I never understand the animosity toward Bohl; maybe not God's gift to coaching but he's pretty darn good IMO.

Tier 4

Air Force: Maybe should be in Tier 3 but I hate Calhoun.

Tier 5

Fresno State: Tedford is head and shoulders better than Hoke and that will again be proved next Saturday.

Tier 6

SDSU

Utah State

UNLV

Tier 7

Colorado State

Hawaii

Tier 8

Nevada

New Mexico

The problem with Bohl is; yes, he's consistent. But outside of 2016, we haven't come close to a conference title game, let alone the title. If he somehow manages a title this year, we'll back off. But 9 years, 9 YEARS, and only once have we gotten close.

On 10/23/2022 at 2:03 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

I decided to take the reins this week since my team won yesterday but is headed for a loss each of the next two weeks so I need to enjoy having a few teams below us while I can.

Tier 1

Boise State: Much as it pains me to write this, the Broncos are clearly the class of a league of D and F students.

Tier 2

Vacant

Tier 3

SJSU: Brennan does more with less money than any coach in this woebegone conference.

Wyo: I never understand the animosity toward Bohl; maybe not God's gift to coaching but he's pretty darn good IMO.

Tier 4

Tier 5

Fresno State: Tedford is head and shoulders better than Hoke and that will again be proved next Saturday.

Tier 6

SDSU

Utah State

UNLV

Tier 7

Colorado State

Hawaii

Tier 8

Nevada

New Mexico State

You'd fit right in with a not inconsiderable number of Wyoming "fans".

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

On 10/23/2022 at 2:50 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:
  1. Boise
  2. Fresno
  3. SJSU
  4. AFA
  5. Wyoming 
  6. SDSU
  7. UNLV
  8. USU
  9. CSU
  10. UNM
  11. Hawaii
  12. Nevada

I know we're not supposed to complain about rank em thread, but I can't figure out how anyone could put Air Force ahead of Wyoming at this point. Unless results on the field don't matter.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:13 PM, kingpotato said:

I know we're not supposed to complain about rank em thread, but I can't figure out how anyone could put Air Force ahead of Wyoming at this point. Unless results on the field don't 

Wyoming got lucky AFA was sick.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:38 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wyoming got lucky AFA was sick.

Ok, but even if you ignore that game, Wyoming thoroughly handled a team that beat Air Force just two weeks ago. They have more conference loses than any team not named UNR or UNM.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, kingpotato said:

Ok, but even if you ignore that game, Wyoming thoroughly handled a team that beat Air Force just two weeks ago. They have more conference loses than any team not named UNR or UNM.

You left out the part where they trail CSU in the SEC Mountain standings.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, kingpotato said:

Massey composite has AFA 11 places higher as well. When we beat Wyo by 30 in a blizzard you will see.  I would not say  paper tiger more like a paper emu or lemur 

On 10/23/2022 at 4:01 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Massey composite has AFA 11 places higher as well. When we beat Wyo by 30 in a blizzard you will see.

BSU is truly the juggernaut of juggernauts. Even the best NFL teams quake in terror of their capability, year in and year out. We are but worms in your presence!

fff045d558fc0450537d74fb1bb3c0af.gif

On 10/23/2022 at 4:05 PM, son of a gun said:

BSU is truly the juggernaut of juggernauts. Even the best NFL teams quake in terror of their capability, year in and year out. We are but worms in your presence!

fff045d558fc0450537d74fb1bb3c0af.gif

Oh no we are very very average.  Sadly we are the only team that even looks average in the MWC.

On 10/23/2022 at 4:07 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh no we are very very average.  Sadly we are the only team that even looks average in the MWC.

Boise's presence is blinding to us mere mortals! What are we to do when faced with the might of Boise?

200.gif

On 10/23/2022 at 4:11 PM, son of a gun said:

Boise's presence is blinding to us mere mortals! What are we to do when faced with the might of Boise?

200.gif

First rule of rank em...don't bitch about the rank ems.  If you think Wyoming is better, post your own.

On 10/23/2022 at 2:03 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Tier 1

Tier 2

Vacant

Tier 3

Tier 4

Tier 5

Tier 6

SDSU

Utah State

UNLV

Tier 7

Colorado State

Hawaii

Tier 8

Nevada

New Mexico State

Even if the Aztecs lose to Fresno in dysfunctional fashion, they are still above the teams below them.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor