Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ashnel

SJSU Football Player Killed by a School Bus

On 10/21/2022 at 5:01 PM, Cleopatra said:

sorry to read about this.

those scooters look fun on a designated trail or the beach but too scary to ride in traffic

condolences to San Jose St. and his family

They're actually a really slick way to get around but you have to have your head on a swivel and you can't assume anyone is looking out for you. The closer you get to congestion the less fun I have, but I'm old and don't feel like getting run over so I'd rather just take my pickup where physics is on my side. Young people take risks, we all did. I'm just sorry to see someone die from a silly risk like that. That's way to young no matter how you go.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

On 10/21/2022 at 3:59 PM, AztecSU said:

Bold...you must know more than I read about this, because my first thought was I wondered if the crossing lights were out...

He was riding a scooter and no one really knows all the facts.   So, I wouldn't call the pig's post bold, I would call it bullshit with a complete lack of empathy.  Most human deaths have a contributing factor involved.  Very few people die at an old age without any self inflicted causation attached to their death.  It could be hyper-tension, diabetes, and a whole host of other self inflicted causes.  That doesn't merit laughing about it...   

On 10/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, Wolfhomie said:

He was riding a scooter and no one really knows all the facts.   So, I wouldn't call the pig's post bold, I would call it bullshit with a complete lack of empathy.  Most human deaths have a contributing factor involved.  Very few people die at an old age without any self inflicted causation attached to their death.  It could be hyper-tension, diabetes, and a whole host of other self inflicted causes.  That doesn't merit laughing about it...   

if you talk as well as you write...nobody listens to you...lol

On 10/21/2022 at 1:59 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

Scooters in an urban setting are a bad idea.  Especially for young riders.  I restored my dad’s old Honda Trail 90 to near mint condition and my niece really wanted to take it to college to ride to and from classes and work.  I would have loved to give her that little motorcycle but I was scared to death of this kind of tragedy.  So very sad to hear about this young mans life getting cut short.

I get the emotion, but apples to oranges. The 90 would be restricted to street use and would require plates, insurance, a motorcycle endorsement… 

Even in middle of nowhere WY we have these rental electric scooters all over the place and people just seem to lose all kinds of situational awareness as soon as they step foot on them.  

My thoughts are out to the young man’s family and the SJSU community.  Such a sad situation.  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 10/21/2022 at 1:12 PM, SAMO said:

especially when running a red light while riding an electronic scooter on a heavily trafficked road in front of a school bus that had the green light...lol

You should shove that lol right up your fat fcking ass you moron

On 10/21/2022 at 5:15 PM, SAMO said:

blow it out your ass

good to see the blue meth is still hitting strong down in the land of entrapment...lol

On 10/21/2022 at 5:15 PM, SAMO said:

blow it out your ass

good to see the blue meth is still hitting strong down in the land of entrapment...lol

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=33b53867a5c7a0e3JmltdHM9MTY2NjMxMDQwMCZpZ3VpZD0wYWZlNThmOS0xYjIyLTZiNDQtM2RjMS01NjE2MWFiYjZhMTcmaW5zaWQ9NTIxMg&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=0afe58f9-1b22-6b44-3dc1-56161abb6a17&psq=what+does+lol+mean&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91cmRpY3Rpb25hcnkuY29tL2xvbA&ntb=1

The above link is the definition of "lol."  This is no laughing matter.  mikexom is right.  Please show some dignity for this young man and his family, friends, etc.  

On 10/21/2022 at 6:15 PM, SAMO said:

blow it out your ass

Good to see that Dunkn Donuts all you can eat buffet is still open 24 hours a day out behind your house you fat fkin idiot

On 10/21/2022 at 5:24 PM, ashnel said:

stay in your lane...lol

seems to be a trouble for people associated with sjsu today...lol

On 10/21/2022 at 5:24 PM, ashnel said:

He "lol"s every post.  But you are right.  He was a member of the SJSU community, so he is a MWC member, and I extend my best wishes to all who respectfully represent their Alma maters.   I don't see anything to suggest he didn’t represent SJSU positively, so it sucks to see  indifference or callousness on a loss of someone from a sister institution.

+++++.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 10/21/2022 at 6:27 PM, SAMO said:

people told me to get into shape and i chose "round"...lol

im sure eating triggers you...given your meth affliction...its probably a painful/difficult affair with the lack of any healthy teeth...lol

Flounder aged badly and did go through life Fat, Dumb, and Stupid, also clearly Incel unless he can steal moms paycheck and get a wino hummer

Makes sense to postpone the game. Can play a game dedicated to him on championship weekend. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Seriously, though. +++++. 

On 10/21/2022 at 5:11 PM, SAMO said:

key word being "think" there...lol

one time i got passed by some guy going about 120 and a dozen or so miles down the road I came upon his car wrapped around a telephone pole...ill never forget seeing his wallet in the road with dozens of pictures in it...flapping in the wind...dude was deader than a dogknot at that point...head was through a window...very bizarre scene...but as i thought it then and still think now...if you drive any vehicle like an asshole...its very easy to get seriously injured/maimed/killed as a result...lol

like ive said...if you run red lights (because all accounts are that the bus that ran him over had the green light at that intersection) on a piece of aluminum traveling 35mph or however fast those things go...theres a very real possibliity of being steamrolled by a bus and dying as a result...lol

Stop being a dick.

On 10/21/2022 at 2:10 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

18 year olds don’t have the most common sense. For sure I didn’t. You think you’re immortal at that age. Doesn’t make this any less tragic or heartbreaking. Definitely nothing to put “lol” behind it. Condolences to everyone  hurt by this news. 

Appreciate the sentiment, but think of it this way. If you had your wish, there would no longer be a sjsu football team so none of this would have happened.

Kudos to the NMSU Aggies. 

This is just another devastating blow to that crew. Dejon Packer from the 2019 team, who made the winning td vs Arkansas, died recently as well.

Just brutal. Wtf.