Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ashnel

SJSU Football Player Killed by a School Bus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/college-football-player-reportedly-dies-at-18-after-getting-hit-by-school-bus/ar-AA13eJcM?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d777f9a0e46a42b384e1ce84c2b64790

Camdan McWright, an 18 year old freshman football player on the SJSU football team was hit and killed by a school bus at approximately 6:51AM PST this morning.  My prayers go out to Camdan's family as well as to the SJSU football players.  Such a tragedy and such a young man.  

https://sjsuspartans.com/news/2022/10/21/football-sjsus-camdan-mcwright-passes-away.aspx

The above link is an official announcement on the SJSU ahtletics website.  Not that it matters in the scope of life but tomorrow's game against New Mexico State is currently in a pending status given this tragic accident.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:49 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

I don't blame any young person for riding them but electric scooters are a hazard in L.A. and that's presumably true of every big city including San Jose.

Condolences to the family and may he RIP.

Scooters in an urban setting are a bad idea.  Especially for young riders.  I restored my dad’s old Honda Trail 90 to near mint condition and my niece really wanted to take it to college to ride to and from classes and work.  I would have loved to give her that little motorcycle but I was scared to death of this kind of tragedy.  So very sad to hear about this young mans life getting cut short.

On 10/21/2022 at 1:16 PM, SAMO said:

i said rip...its obviously not a good thing

and i agree...people riding e-scooters like assholes and then getting the business end of a bus as a result is no laughing matter...it can have very real consequences...lol

hopefully this leads to heightened awareness regarding the dangers of such things...lol

18 year olds don’t have the most common sense. For sure I didn’t. You think you’re immortal at that age. Doesn’t make this any less tragic or heartbreaking. Definitely nothing to put “lol” behind it. Condolences to everyone  hurt by this news. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

It's kinda a wild west on those electric scooters that's for sure. To many heavy objects all going different ways. Downtown Boise is bad enough and I doubt it's anything like a congested area like San Jose. 

I'm just glad I got out of my teens and early twenties alive because I did all sorts of stupid shit back then. That's a lousy way to go, RIP young man.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Rest in peace Camdan. Blessings to his family, friends, teammates and coaches.  

On 10/21/2022 at 2:49 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

I don't blame any young person for riding them but electric scooters are a hazard in L.A. and that's presumably true of every big city including San Jose.

Condolences to the family and may he RIP.

Those scooters are a disaster. The companies just drop them in cities without a thought. Just awful. 

On 10/21/2022 at 3:52 PM, SAMO said:

yeah...seriously...we cant all fake cry over some dead dude who most of us didnt know...lol

seriously...if you drive like an asshole on an electronic scooter...bad things can happen

frankly im surprised this doesnt happen more often...lol

Bold...you must know more than I read about this, because my first thought was I wondered if the crossing lights were out...