Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

SUDS @ Reno

If it wasn’t for the sdsu penalties it would be 782956151-0

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 10/22/2022 at 10:16 PM, mugtang said:

We suck at football. But we’re disciplined at sucking. That’s something.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:16 PM, mugtang said:

oh c'mon! 

We all knew it was going to be a tough season. You negative Nelson.

Really disappointed in the O-line. Will ask Chris Murray about that in his Monday mailbag.

Go see the women's volleyball! 4 home matches left.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

On 10/22/2022 at 11:10 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

How much eligibility does he have left?

Two years.

He is a Senior with a Covid year remaining.

Fortunately, he can only transfer down to FCS or sit out a year. He's here to stay.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 10/22/2022 at 10:19 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

We suck at football. But we’re disciplined at sucking. That’s something.

We are experts at sucking.  So much so our games should be streamed live on OnlyFans. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 10/22/2022 at 10:20 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

And who the hell wants a watch to track when you’re ovulating?

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

And just like that, Nevada has life.

They Aztecs are incapable of closing out games.

Americans Mayor

Jaylen Maydens numbers were pedestrian.

12-25 156 yards.

But, a great TD run and he didn't do anything to hurt his team.

How many false starts did the O-line have ? Those three FG's were the result of false starts taking away great down and distance opportunities on the goal line.

We probably lose to Fresno and Sparty but win the rest.

7-5 and headed to the Tater Bowl.

Can we fast forward to next September ?

Americans Mayor

On 10/22/2022 at 11:00 PM, Spaztecs said:

12-25 156 yards.

How many false starts did the O-line have ? Those three FG's were the result of false starts taking away great down and distance opportunities on the goal line.

Trade you for him

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:29 PM, mugtang said:

We are experts at sucking.  So much so our games should be streamed live on OnlyFans. 

Why do you whine so much? We get it. Nevada is not good this year. You have a kid or family friend on the team busting their ass trying to get things back in line? Just SFTU for gods sake. Horse is dead! 

On 10/22/2022 at 11:47 PM, NevadaFan said:

Why do you whine so much? We get it. Nevada is not good this year. You have a kid or family friend on the team busting their ass trying to get things back in line? Just SFTU for gods sake. Horse is dead! 

I whine because I care. Because this is a message board where people come to cheer on and complain about their teams. I go to all of the home games and watch all of the away games.  I spend good money on my season tickets and donations to the University.  So I will whine and complain about the product on the field all I want.  

We looked like a real football team on that drive Illingsworth directed down the field for the TD. Some of the best passes we've seen all year. He at least gives the receivers a chance to catch the ball. All that said, I think we've got serious coaching issues on the offensive side of the ball. I think everyone deserves another year, but if |'m Wilson I've got my eye on Derek Sage. This offense is awful beyond talent. His job is to get receivers open, like SDSU and every other team we've played this year can do.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:52 AM, BlueCheer said:

We looked like a real football team on that drive Illingsworth directed down the field for the TD. Some of the best passes we've seen all year. He at least gives the receivers a chance to catch the ball. All that said, I think we've got serious coaching issues on the offensive side of the ball. I think everyone deserves another year, but if |'m Wilson I've got my eye on Derek Sage. This offense is awful beyond talent. His job is to get receivers open, like SDSU and every other team we've played this year can do.

You mean the drive where the Aztec Defense commited two Pass Interference penalties on 3rd and long ?

That was more a result of Aztec defensive ineptness than Nevadas offensive aptitude.

All in all it was a sloppily played game by both squads.

The penalties and dropped balls were abundant.

Americans Mayor

PI's because we actually had receivers open. There was a couple really nice throws by Illingsworth on that drive including the TD.

There were actually a few times last night that the NV QB had time to throw. Other times not so much. We need to shore up the O line in the off season. 

I wish we had a QB that could run like Mayden

On 10/23/2022 at 1:07 AM, mugtang said:

I whine because I care. Because this is a message board where people come to cheer on and complain about their teams. I go to all of the home games and watch all of the away games.  I spend good money on my season tickets and donations to the University.  So I will whine and complain about the product on the field all I want.  

I had a good conversation with another Nevada fan a few weeks ago right after the CSU game. Discussing resources, money spent on football, coaches and their pay. In a nutshell, he thought football isn’t a priority with your leadership. 

What’s your outlook and what should be done? Reno is a great city and I would think that market has enough juice to support Nevada properly if there is a real plan. 

On 10/23/2022 at 10:02 AM, utenation said:

I had a good conversation with another Nevada fan a few weeks ago right after the CSU game. Discussing resources, money spent on football, coaches and their pay. In a nutshell, he thought football isn’t a priority with your leadership. 

What’s your outlook and what should be done? Reno is a great city and I would think that market has enough juice to support Nevada properly if there is a real plan. 

First thing is we need a significant financial investment in the program. I don’t know if it comes from the University, donors, both. But we need that as we need to play catch-up in the facilities arms race.  We need an indoor practice facility.  The game day experience at Mackay needs to improve.  It’s fine for me personally as I sit in the club seats but: 1) concessions suck and are seriously overpriced 2) parking is a pain 3) the stadium is outdated despite the recent improvements. 4) They comp a lot of tickets to local businesses. They need to stop doing that. I think that’s one of the reasons attendance is really down. There’s no incentive for them to attend as they aren’t financially invested in the tickets. 

On 10/22/2022 at 11:00 PM, Spaztecs said:

12-25 156 yards.

Win the rest??  I don't see us winning another game save for possibly UNM and that one will be tough.  This is the worst Aztec team since Chuck Long.