Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Things you are supposed to like but just don't. A thread.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:05 AM, Posturedoc said:

Just like this^^^ post! The Coens could take a lesson from you. OTOH, I love Fargo and No Country. Yaaaargh! What does it all mean?!

The cost of vengeance is a life, an arm, and dying alone; but living heroically. True Grit laconically.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Fries. Fries are just not that good. Even good fries are just okay in my opinion.

Belgian beer. I'm German, so there is a bit of bias going on, but if you drink beer from a sherry glass-looking vessel, I will assume something is wrong with you.

$15/bottle super-artisan craft beer with 1000% ABV. Same as above. What's wrong with you?

LGBTQ+ stuff (the politics part). To be clear, I want everybody to live their happiest life as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I'm just done with the "celebrating" part. I don't want to celebrate diversity six times a day. And I certainly don't need a flag for every aspect of human identity.

Pickup trucks built after the mid 90s. Don't want one, don't need one. Like the vast majority of Americans. Trucks are amazing for doing truck things, but on the rare occasion, I need a truck, I can rent some 6-cylinder GMC awfulness from U-Haul, which does truck things just fine.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:37 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The cost of vengeance is a life, an arm, and dying alone; but living heroically. True Grit laconically.

Nevermind. I retract my previous post.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:51 AM, I am Ram said:

Fries. Fries are just not that good. Even good fries are just okay in my opinion.

Belgian beer. I'm German, so there is a bit of bias going on, but if you drink beer from a sherry glass-looking vessel, I will assume something is wrong with you.

$15/bottle super-artisan craft beer with 1000% ABV. Same as above. What's wrong with you?

LGBTQ+ stuff (the politics part). To be clear, I want everybody to live their happiest life as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I'm just done with the "celebrating" part. I don't want to celebrate diversity six times a day. And I certainly don't need a flag for every aspect of human identity.

Pickup trucks built after the mid 90s. Don't want one, don't need one. Like the vast majority of Americans. Trucks are amazing for doing truck things, but on the rare occasion, I need a truck, I can rent some 6-cylinder GMC awfulness from U-Haul, which does truck things just fine.

Lot of conflicting emotions reading this post.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, Posturedoc said:

Nevermind. I retract my previous post.

You really oughta give it another shot someday, with closed captions if need be. Bridges’ drunkard slur is a bit too accurate

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 11/7/2022 at 3:58 PM, son of a gun said:

Beer. Well, the taste of beer. I know its an "acquired" tasted, but I don't have the patience to acquire the taste of something like that.

*Waits to be kicked from the Wyo fandom*

All beer?? Or just shit beer like bud light?

beer-styles-infographic.jpg

On 11/7/2022 at 3:52 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

You really oughta give it another shot someday, with closed captions if need be. Bridges’ drunkard slur is a bit too accurate

about one or two times a month, MY WIFE and I like to watch a bad but entertaining movie after the girls go to bed. something like... gods of egypt, or geostorm, or a dumb comedy.

we tried to watch 7th son. looked perfect. decent cast. bad fantasy premise. i figured it would be like vin diesels the last witchunter. dumb but fun.

it sucked. but the reason why i mention it is that jeff bridges is in it and insists on doing a .... wizards mumble. the whole movie. takes you out of the film and is borderline incomprehensible.

i think the dude just likes to mumble

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:03 AM, happycamper said:

where i hunt some years it's white tails that eat corn and sugar beats, some years it's mulies that....

don't. 

wild swing from "good eating" to my wife saying "never bring something like this into my kitchen ever again"

Do you process your own game? If so, as your cutting the big muscle groups off, put the in tubs of saltwater and let them soak for a day or two. We do this with all of our Mule Deer and most of the White Tails. It takes out almost all of strong game taste.

On 11/8/2022 at 10:22 AM, 406bleedsblue said:

Do you process your own game? If so, as your cutting the big muscle groups off, put the in tubs of saltwater and let them soak for a day or two. We do this with all of our Mule Deer and most of the White Tails. It takes out almost all of strong game taste.

Yeah I butcher all of the game myself. Typically I let them age at +- 34-45 degrees for a week or two. I will say that most of the time when I get a mule deer it's unseasonably warm - 60s and 70s in october. Probably not a coincidence now that I think about it considering the area has both mulies and white tails. Any way it is a double whammy, the white tails in the area eat sugar beets, corn, and beans while the mulies eat sage brush and greasewood and then also the white tails get taken at a much cooler temperature, are allowed to age instead of be put on ice right away.

hmm. you gave me something new to think about. :cheers:

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

UFC or Boxing, basically any fight game/fighting just doesn't do it for me. I feel like the 90's might've ruined me with all the pre-match hype of the boxing and Tyson ending it within minutes or seconds multiple times. 

Eating a cheese burger without a slice of tomato is disgusting guys, get it together.

On 11/8/2022 at 8:48 AM, AztecSU said:

UFC or Boxing, basically any fight game/fighting just doesn't do it for me. I feel like the 90's might've ruined me with all the pre-match hype of the boxing and Tyson ending it within minutes or seconds multiple times. 

Eating a cheese burger without a slice of tomato is disgusting guys, get it together.

I was a huge boxing fan for decades.  It was America's preeminent individual sport in the prior century.  I became an MMA fan mostly because of Fedor in the Pride era.  I still appreciate high level contests MMA, but the whole standard fare of marketing testosterone-fueled grudges, fake or real, turns me off.  Boxing, I really need more than a Canelo-GGG3 to get excited. 

On 11/8/2022 at 8:20 AM, grandjean87 said:

I was a huge boxing fan for decades.  It was America's preeminent individual sport in the prior century.  I became an MMA fan mostly because of Fedor in the Pride era.  I still appreciate high level contests MMA, but the whole standard fare of marketing testosterone-fueled grudges, fake or real, turns me off.  Boxing, I really need more than a Canelo-GGG3 to get excited. 

Crawford-Spence is just sitting there to take my money. The morons just won’t do it. Crooks and con men are supposed to be smarter than this.

On 11/8/2022 at 6:24 AM, happycamper said:

about one or two times a month, MY WIFE and I like to watch a bad but entertaining movie after the girls go to bed. something like... gods of egypt, or geostorm, or a dumb comedy.

we tried to watch 7th son. looked perfect. decent cast. bad fantasy premise. i figured it would be like vin diesels the last witchunter. dumb but fun.

it sucked. but the reason why i mention it is that jeff bridges is in it and insists on doing a .... wizards mumble. the whole movie. takes you out of the film and is borderline incomprehensible.

i think the dude just likes to mumble

He did finally win an Oscar for playing a drunk southerner. Maybe he’s typecasting himself. Not everybody can be Daniel Day Lewis.

On 11/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

He did finally win an Oscar for playing a drunk southerner. Maybe he’s typecasting himself. Not everybody can be Daniel Day Lewis.

I recommend +- 45 minutes of 7th son just for bridges' accent work. it's... awful and consistent. a masterpiece of suck

On 11/7/2022 at 7:33 PM, Akkula said:

Guns, Tattoos, Motorcycles, Fantasy Football  

Aren't all American males supposed to be fascinated with all of these things and the image they portray to all?

I'm over fantasy football. It's stopped being fun when they would literally suggest who you should draft during the draft. The 10,000 preseason publications make it dumb and take the research aspect out of it.

I'm with you on tattoos. Trashy. Guns and motorcycles are cool as +++++, though.

On 11/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, Bob said:

I'm over fantasy football. It's stopped being fun when they would literally suggest who you should draft during the draft. The 10,000 preseason publications make it dumb and take the research aspect out of it.

I'm with you on tattoos. Trashy. Guns and motorcycles are cool as +++++, though.

Totally, on all this. Although I think street bikes are death on a stick, but I feel a little freer every time I see people willing to do 120 on the freeway on a 120-degree day in shorts and a tank top.