Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Things you are supposed to like but just don't. A thread.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:09 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Christmas? You better have a Phoebe Kates story from Gremlins to explain this.

I've just never been a fan, particularly as an adult, of the massive commercialization that it has become. Everyone is always stressed out trying to find gifts, and way too many people spend far more money than they actually have in order to give gifts to others. I resent Christmas music taking over stores in September, and the aisles being full of Christmas stuff two months before we even get to Thanksgiving. I could go on, but that captures my general feelings at a base level. 

On 10/13/2022 at 5:50 AM, happycamper said:

Live music. Like... at all. It's too loud. It's obnoxious. It's worse than a recording. If I'm looking at a restaurant or a bar and live music is there, I just... opt out. 

Patron. It's supposed to be good. I like spirits generally. the first time I tried some I immediately vomited the shot right back into my own mouth. went to the bathroom to spit it out. after an intro like that, no need for a second look.

Golf. Everything else I do does what golf wants to do better. It got popular so pot bellied chain smoking silent generation guys could feel active. 

Barbeque. Every time I have had barbecue it tastes the exact same as every other barbecue I've ever had. Fancy local store? Someone's house? famous daves? I could not tell the difference and it is all meh. EXCEPTION: Korean BBQ. 

I agree about live music with a significant exception for classical and jazz performances.  I am a huge classical music fan and enjoy performances whether its a full blown symphony or small orchestra.  Same with jazz.  The live performances usually sound as good as recordings.

On 10/14/2022 at 10:30 AM, Spaztecs said:

Mongolian BBQ ?

On 10/14/2022 at 10:35 AM, RSF said:

I feel sorry for you.

just doesn't really jibe with what I like in meat. blood. meat taste. all that goodness. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:10 AM, happycamper said:

just doesn't really jibe with what I like in meat. blood. meat taste. all that goodness. 

Can't say I've ever encountered non-meat-tasting meat before.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 10/14/2022 at 11:16 AM, RSF said:

Can't say I've ever encountered non-meat-tasting meat before.

eat barbecue. it tastes like fat and seasonings. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:18 AM, happycamper said:

eat barbecue. it tastes like fat and seasonings. 

Then what you are eating ain't barbeque.

And any cook, amateur or pro, will tell you 'fat is flavor'.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Great...now I'm jonesing for some barbeque.

And the local joint doesn't open for an hour.

Dammit....

On 10/14/2022 at 11:25 AM, RSF said:

Then what you are eating ain't barbeque.

i knew we'd get no true scotsmen 

On 10/14/2022 at 11:25 AM, RSF said:

And any cook, amateur or pro, will tell you 'fat is flavor'.

sure thing cook. that's why super lean deer has so much more flavor than fatty ass cows 

On 10/14/2022 at 9:36 AM, happycamper said:

i knew we'd get no true scotsmen 

sure thing cook. that's why super lean deer has so much more flavor than fatty ass cows 

You ever eat "super fatty ass cow"? Flavor is overwhelming. Tastes like butter meat!

MgyuFiletMignon1_grande.png

Kolikof-A5-Wagyu-Cooked_1400x.jpg

On 10/14/2022 at 11:46 AM, Stealthlobo said:

You ever eat "super fatty ass cow"? Flavor is overwhelming. Tastes like butter meat!

MgyuFiletMignon1_grande.png

Kolikof-A5-Wagyu-Cooked_1400x.jpg

mmm. look at that. minimal spices, check. minimally cooked, check. doesn't get 90% of its flavor from burned wood, check. that is some meat tasting meat.

still a lot less flavor than lean ass deer, in a good way ;) 

On 10/14/2022 at 9:50 AM, happycamper said:

mmm. look at that. minimal spices, check. minimally cooked, check. doesn't get 90% of its flavor from burned wood, check. that is some meat tasting meat.

still a lot less flavor than lean ass deer, in a good way ;) 

Definitely amazing! However, I think Japanese A5 has more flavor than venison though. You can't eat more that just a few bites at a time because it's so rich.

On 10/14/2022 at 11:53 AM, Stealthlobo said:

Definitely amazing! However, I think Japanese A5 has more flavor than venison though. You can't eat more that just a few bites at a time because it's so rich.

you have not had old ass momma mule deer surviving solely on sagebrush and greasewood

you also can't eat more than a few bites at a time. but... richness was not the problem. 

On 10/14/2022 at 12:00 PM, Wyoguns said:

The deer I typically harvest usually eat alfalfa and corn…damn good

where i hunt some years it's white tails that eat corn and sugar beats, some years it's mulies that....

don't. 

wild swing from "good eating" to my wife saying "never bring something like this into my kitchen ever again"

On 10/14/2022 at 10:50 AM, happycamper said:

So you dont know much about barbeque (which isnt just beef, btw.  You can use ANY meat).

All you had to do is say so...

On 10/14/2022 at 12:04 PM, RSF said:

So you dont know much about barbeque.

All you had to do is say so...

fool me once, rsf. 

On 10/13/2022 at 3:19 PM, SharkTanked said:

Baseball and Reality TV fo sho. But fails on seafood and mushrooms cancel. I award you zero points.

On 10/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, tailingpermit said:

October 15th is the most celebrated day in our household, it’s the opening of Florida stone crab season.  

Late night MW kicks.

The only reason I didn't go to Aztec-Ute game in SLC was the 8:30 kick. And I'm happy I didn't cause we got our asses kicked.

Mama and I like to be in bed by then.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 10/14/2022 at 9:57 AM, happycamper said:

you have not had old ass momma mule deer surviving solely on sagebrush and greasewood

you also can't eat more than a few bites at a time. but... richness was not the problem. 

Heh, I don't know much about game eating (my only experience with venison is in restaurants), but do you WANT to eat "old ass momma mule deer"?

On 10/14/2022 at 12:34 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Heh, I don't know much about game eating (my only experience with venison is in restaurants), but do you WANT to eat "old ass momma mule deer"?

sometimes it's the last day of your area and that's what is in yer scope