Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Things you are supposed to like but just don't. A thread.

Plays. Really anything in a theater like orchestras, plays, whatever. The chairs are always uncomfortable and I just find the whole thing boring.

I've gone to the Shakespeare Festival here in Boise a few times and the saving grace is that you can booze it up, but it's really expensive, there are +++++ing mosquitos buzzing around, the people by and large are nerds, and I just don't get "it" as far as the content.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 10/13/2022 at 12:17 PM, CPslograd said:

Catcher in the Rye still sucks @lawlorfaithful

A boring story about overprivileged self absorbed lazy young people.

Whoa…I never said it was Hemingway or Dostoyevsky. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 10/13/2022 at 2:11 PM, son of a gun said:

I'll second the seafood. Well, aside from fish sticks that is (cue the South Park joke here).

Baseball. Watching, playing, whatever. I don't like it.

Reality TV. Just no.

Mushrooms. Nuff said.

Baseball and Reality TV fo sho. But fails on seafood and mushrooms cancel. I award you zero points.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:47 PM, RogueStout said:

Plays. Really anything in a theater like orchestras, plays, whatever. The chairs are always uncomfortable and I just find the whole thing boring.

Worst thing is you can’t get a fcking refill until intermission, wasn’t impressed by Hamilton.  

On 10/13/2022 at 2:27 PM, tailingpermit said:

Worst thing is you can’t get a fcking refill until intermission, wasn’t impressed by Hamilton.  

My wife just took the older kids to see it in Orange County a couple weeks ago.  They absolutely loved it.  I was fine with missing it.

I do enjoy the musicals with good dancing like Chicago and my girlfriend Jasmine Guy.

On 10/13/2022 at 2:27 PM, tailingpermit said:

You can get it with Aztecas and Sharky

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:33 PM, Stealthlobo said:

what-what-whaaat-sheila-broflovski.gif

I grew up a pseudo-vegetarian because of my mom. So we never had seafood around the house. Hell, we didn’t really ever eat meat at the house until I was 13. But now it also goes back to the texture thing for me like tomatoes and bananas. 

On 10/13/2022 at 12:44 AM, utenation said:

I don’t have the stats but my bet is men, much more so than women need our alone time/space. I certainly do and my GF understands and respects it.  

Lucky you.

My gal resents mine.

I tell her without it, i would resent her, so she grudgingly gives me the space 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 10/13/2022 at 6:50 AM, happycamper said:

Live music. Like... at all. It's too loud. It's obnoxious. It's worse than a recording. If I'm looking at a restaurant or a bar and live music is there, I just... opt out. 

Patron. It's supposed to be good. I like spirits generally. the first time I tried some I immediately vomited the shot right back into my own mouth. went to the bathroom to spit it out. after an intro like that, no need for a second look.

Golf. Everything else I do does what golf wants to do better. It got popular so pot bellied chain smoking silent generation guys could feel active. 

Barbeque. Every time I have had barbecue it tastes the exact same as every other barbecue I've ever had. Fancy local store? Someone's house? famous daves? I could not tell the difference and it is all meh. EXCEPTION: Korean BBQ. 

Mongolian BBQ ?

Americans Mayor

On 10/13/2022 at 7:50 AM, happycamper said:

Barbeque. Every time I have had barbecue it tastes the exact same as every other barbecue I've ever had. Fancy local store? Someone's house? famous daves? I could not tell the difference and it is all meh. EXCEPTION: Korean BBQ. 

I feel sorry for you.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 10/13/2022 at 9:09 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Christmas? You better have a Phoebe Kates story from Gremlins to explain this.

Not a fan either. 

I was fortunate in my family that at gatherings there is no gift giving. In their world it was about the gathering not going broke trying to buy presents for everyone.

Unfortunately, the women I have loved and their families are all in on the big shindig.

Americans Mayor