Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Things you are supposed to like but just don't. A thread.

I'll start. 

Chocolate.  I hate the taste.  On a rare occasion I can do a bitter dark chocolate.

Red wine.  I've had nice red wine, either because it was offered free or trying to impress a date.  I know nothing about wines.  I called in advance one time to find out what pairs with what so I could impress my date.  Date sucked.  To hell with red wine.

Concerts.  Pretended to like them when I was young.  A small concert with those performing being kind of niche or sentimental are fun.  No large concerts for me.  

Super hero movies.  My generation is supposed to love them and most do.  I hate them.  There are like 2 maybe 3 good ones, a batman one I liked, Dark Knight Rises I think and the Dead pool ones were ok.  Most suck.  I like dialogue.  

Star Wars and Star Trek.  As a nerd I should like these universes.  I just do not.  Logic sucks.  Small on the science part.  Character development is like pulling teeth if there is any.  You wanna know good science fiction?  Futurama. 

On 10/12/2022 at 8:40 PM, SAMO said:

people

See, I like people watching.  Sometimes I will just go downtown for lunch by myself and watch the people walking around for an hour or so.  I like the people here.  I like my friends and some of my family.  I have empathy for people in general.  

Buuuut.  Yeah.  I get ya.  Social media giving everybody a platform to say whatever stupid shit they are thinking has lessened the value I put on widening my social circle.  As Boise has gotten bigger and bigger and ever more rude I've struggled with motivating myself to out and meet people.  Put me in a small town bar though with like a dozen people or less and I am the life of the party.

Coconut. Plain, milk, dessert flavoring, whatever. Keep it away from me.

Raw tomatoes. Now, tomato products, like ketchup, tomato sauce, etc. I like just fine. But raw? Disgusting.

Star Trek. Just never got into it. Star Wars, at least, is fantasy in a sci-fi setting.

Sporting events for the Pokes aside, I've NEVER been one for big social gatherings. Maybe with a few friends/family, but that's about as far as I like to go. So, not too far from Samo in that regard.

On 10/12/2022 at 8:49 PM, son of a gun said:

Coconut. Plain, milk, desert flavoring, whatever. Keep it away from me.

Raw tomatoes. Now, tomato products, like ketchup, tomato sauce, etc. I like just fine. But raw? Disgusting.

Star Trek. Just never got into it. Star Wars, at least, is fantasy in a sci-fi setting.

Sporting events for the Pokes aside, I've NEVER been one for big social gatherings. Maybe with a few friends/family, but that's about as far as I like to go. So, not too far from Samo in that regard.

I bet both you and @SAMO are just fine at most parties within your comfort zone. 

I don’t mind crowds and gatherings but I can’t stand fake people at all. 

On 10/12/2022 at 9:01 PM, utenation said:

I bet both you and @SAMO are just fine at most parties within your comfort zone. 

Oh I bet they are more than fine.  They come across as either INTJ's or INFJ's.  Folks that thrive in social situations, or at least seem like they do and even sometimes enjoy themselves but if given the choice would prefer to be alone or with close company.  With alone time being important.  I'm INTJ if you buy into that stuff, btw.  

On 10/12/2022 at 7:34 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'll start. 

Chocolate.  I hate the taste.  On a rare occasion I can do a bitter dark chocolate.

Red wine.  I've had nice red wine, either because it was offered free or trying to impress a date.  I know nothing about wines.  I called in advance one time to find out what pairs with what so I could impress my date.  Date sucked.  To hell with red wine.

Concerts.  Pretended to like them when I was young.  A small concert with those performing being kind of niche or sentimental are fun.  No large concerts for me.  

Super hero movies.  My generation is supposed to love them and most do.  I hate them.  There are like 2 maybe 3 good ones, a batman one I liked, Dark Knight Rises I think and the Dead pool ones were ok.  Most suck.  I like dialogue.  

Star Wars and Star Trek.  As a nerd I should like these universes.  I just do not.  Logic sucks.  Small on the science part.  Character development is like pulling teeth if there is any.  You wanna know good science fiction?  Futurama. 

Like chocolate, red wine, and a good show. But I could’ve written this in bold.

On 10/12/2022 at 8:01 PM, utenation said:

On 10/12/2022 at 7:47 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

See, I like people watching.  Sometimes I will just go downtown for lunch by myself and watch the people walking around for an hour or so.  I like the people here.  I like my friends and some of my family.  I have empathy for people in general.  

Buuuut.  Yeah.  I get ya.  Social media giving everybody a platform to say whatever stupid shit they are thinking has lessened the value I put on widening my social circle.  As Boise has gotten bigger and bigger and ever more rude I've struggled with motivating myself to out and meet people.  Put me in a small town bar though with like a dozen people or less and I am the life of the party.

im not a total introvert...sitting around people watching is great...im a regular at a few bars (looking at you court jester)...and i routinely go to parties/gatherings and get +++++ed up because its the only way i can stand to be around people...once there (and appropriately +++++ed up) im the life of the party...people love me...and i love telling jokes...laughing and all that...but the whole time im thinking of how im going to figure out how to leave...lol

its kind of like the book steppenwolf...sometimes i want to be around people...but when im around them...i realize i dont want to be around them...lol

also am with @son of a gun on raw tomatoes...i love salsa...marinara...ketchup...all sorts of tomato based stuff but i cannot +++++ing stand raw tomatoes...lol and with @halfmanhalfbronco about the comic book/star wars/trek movies

i also cant stand little yip yip dogs...or the west coast of florida...lol

On 10/12/2022 at 10:19 PM, SAMO said:

im not a total introvert...sitting around people watching is great...im a regular at a few bars (looking at you court jester)...and i routinely go to parties/gatherings and get +++++ed up because its the only way i can stand to be around people...once there (and appropriately +++++ed up) im the life of the party...people love me...and i love telling jokes...laughing and all that...but the whole time im thinking of how im going to figure out how to leave...lol

its kind of like the book steppenwolf...sometimes i want to be around people...but when im around them...i realize i dont want to be around them...lol

also am with @son of a gun on raw tomatoes...i love salsa...marinara...ketchup...all sorts of tomato based stuff but i cannot +++++ing stand raw tomatoes...lol and with @halfmanhalfbronco about the comic book movies

Probably the best part of hanging out with you would be knowing there’s a 65% chance the cops are showing up. 

And everyone would have to get their story straight. 

On 10/12/2022 at 9:25 PM, utenation said:

Probably the best part of hanging out with you would be knowing there’s a 65% chance the cops are showing up. 

And everyone would have to get their story straight. 

closer to 87% or so... but yes...thats definitely part of the attraction...lol

On 10/12/2022 at 10:19 PM, SAMO said:

also am with @son of a gun on raw tomatoes...i love salsa...marinara...ketchup...all sorts of tomato based stuff but i cannot +++++ing stand raw tomatoes...lol and with @halfmanhalfbronco about the comic book/star wars/trek movies

That pretty much sums me up.  I don't mind being around groups of people, I have fun, used to need it when I was younger, 24/7 doing something with somebody.  However as I have gotten older, matured and as my circle of friends has gotten older forming families, having kids, women my age are less interested in one night stands and more interested in finding a partner, I've found I don't miss not being around people all the time.  I've learned to enjoy my own company in the city as much as the mountains.  It's nice.  

Filet Mignon, the fat on a steak is the best part. 

People have been bullied into thinking it’s A1.  

I’m also with @SAMO, I got laid through tinder during my college years. I would show up to dollar beer night at SUDS and just watch people and drink bourbon.  

On 10/12/2022 at 8:34 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'll start. 

Lol I hate all that stuff. Can’t stand any comic book movies, never seen Avengers or any of those. I’ve tried to like wine, can’t stand it. Don’t like chocolate especially dark chocolate. Hate Star Wars, Star Trek, watched the new Yoda show it’s terrible.

On 10/12/2022 at 11:49 PM, tailingpermit said:

Filet Mignon, the fat on a steak is the best part. 

People have been bullied into thinking it’s A1.  

I’m also with @SAMO, I got laid through tinder during my college years. I would show up to dollar beer night at SUDS and just watch people and drink bourbon.  

Filet mignon is the most overrated food item of all time.

On 10/12/2022 at 9:01 PM, utenation said:

If I actually know the people there, yeah. Used to do movie nights and what not, groups of friends up to 12 or so. If I only know a couple of people, at an otherwise large event, the person that dragged me there owes me for whatever ride service I call up 5 minutes after getting there. Not my scene.