Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I had a great time at my first trip there.  I thought Hawaii schemed our run game very well, but for a change the pass game was the efficient element.  And I was probably in my seat for about 45 minutes total.  The stadium grounds were awesome, so I was behind the camera, in the shade, and dressed like an empty seat.  

On 10/9/2022 at 7:58 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

I had a great time at my first trip there.  I thought Hawaii schemed our run game very well, but for a change the pass game was the efficient element.  And I was probably in my seat for about 45 minutes total.  The stadium grounds were awesome, so I was behind the camera, in the shade, and dressed like an empty seat.  

It's like Petco. Everyone is in the concourse or the clubs. Under the Pier is always crowded. Maybe, once the football becomes more watchable, folks will be in their seats more.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 10/7/2022 at 6:11 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

Heading to Mex today, may just stay down there and not come back for the game. (100 miles door to door from Carlsbad)

This year, since 1986 being a season ticket holder, is the only year I have (UofA) walked out at 1/2 time and (Boise) turned off the TV at 1/2 time. The OC was every bit that bad of a coach.

Aztec Sacrifical Alter.JPG

71174EB4-35F5-4A4D-B4B0-07DA68B81783.jpeg.c113c775d014ae2e56d41c6f7f914548.jpegHad a plate ready for you! 😋

On 10/8/2022 at 7:43 PM, Spaztecs said:

When last years QB4 turned Free Safety who was moving up the depth chart is suddenly your starting qb with one week of practice ?

Under 20 seems a strong bet.

I think a whole lot of money just moved to Hawaii.

I'll bet @kalua pig sprinted to Chinatown to play Hawaii with that news.

You were totally correct and I was completely wrong on what the point spread should have been.

Kudos.

UH played (from the 3 games I have watched this year) their best game of the year against us.

They lack speed and an understanding of the O that Timmy wants to deploy, spirit is there, they will quickly reload and be a power by next year.

Best of luck Bows!

On 10/9/2022 at 5:43 PM, Rev McQuervo said:

WhateverTheHellThatMeans...

Reference is to AztecMesa (aka "NancyMesa").

Add, please no Urban Meyer, guy is a complete HeadCase.

Hoke is fine-his problem is he reacts to slow and lets loyalty (like that even a problem) get in the way of sound business decision making.

The previous 0C should never have been hired- apparent in his first year.

Sorry Steve, but Hoke is a loser, unintelligent, inarticulate, and out of his depth, in running a program. The fact that he and his staff had JM as the 5th String QB, behind two True Freshman, while running out two 6th year Seniors for Burmeister is a fireable offense.

I just am just thankful Horton is back running the offense. I pray we find a FB like the good ole days, and start playing man football again.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:36 AM, SDSUfan said:

It's like Petco. Everyone is in the concourse or the clubs. Under the Pier is always crowded. Maybe, once the football becomes more watchable, folks will be in their seats more.

Yeah and with giant screens everywhere it becomes like a giant food court/sports bar away from the seats. The bars are packed as are all the food trucks in the NE corner. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 10/9/2022 at 1:16 PM, fanhood said:

Sorry Steve, but Hoke is a loser, unintelligent, inarticulate, and out of his depth, in running a program. The fact that he and his staff had JM as the 5th String QB, behind two True Freshman, while running out two 6th year Seniors for Burmeister is a fireable offense.

I just am just thankful Horton is back running the offense. I pray we find a FB like the good ole days, and start playing man football again.

It's hard to disagree with this. How.In.The.Hell. did Mayden find himself that low on the depth chart?  That's coaching staff.  That's an inability to judge talent. Heklinski was terrible coordinator and apparently a worse talent evaluator and QB coach.  That Hoke , RELUCTANTLY, ditched him only after we sank to the absolute bottom of D1 offense rankings means he has to go too.

Coach Lindley has a nice ring to it but it's probably too early for that.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 10/8/2022 at 4:43 PM, Spaztecs said:

When last years QB4 turned Free Safety who was moving up the depth chart is suddenly your starting qb with one week of practice ?

Under 20 seems a strong bet.

I think a whole lot of money just moved to Hawaii.

I'll bet @kalua pig sprinted to Chinatown to play Hawaii with that news.

i expected a dog fight.that’s what it was.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:03 PM, SDSUfan said:

It's hard to disagree with this. How.In.The.Hell. did Mayden find himself that low on the depth chart?  That's coaching staff.  That's an inability to judge talent. Heklinski was terrible coordinator and apparently a worse talent evaluator and QB coach.  That Hoke , RELUCTANTLY, ditched him only after we sank to the absolute bottom of D1 offense rankings means he has to go too.

Coach Lindley has a nice ring to it but it's probably too early for that.

I'm thinking Lindley may be the OC in waiting in a year or two.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 10/9/2022 at 10:39 PM, kalua pig said:

i expected a dog fight.that’s what it was.

Did you play every dollar you had on UH and the under ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor