Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Who's a better HC ?

Who's the better HC ?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the better HC ?

• Rocky
    • Brady Joke

On 10/1/2022 at 9:36 AM, madmartigan said:

One thing I learned from Gary Andersen 2.0.. you can't come home again. I was telling @4UNLVand @halfmanhalfbroncoI'd be so frustrated as a SUDS fan that you seemingly can't find a QB that can consistently complete a forward pass when there have got to be a dozen worthy recruits in your backyard. 

The Geology Dept at CSU-Diego has assembled their brightest minds to identify the mineral on-campus that is HC-BHoke's QB-Kryptonite.

On 10/1/2022 at 11:17 AM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

The Geology Dept at CSU-Diego has assembled their brightest minds to identify the mineral on-campus that is HC-BHoke's QB-Kryptonite.

You can apply that QB Kryptonite to the last two decades. Now it has infected the O-line over the last four seasons

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 10/1/2022 at 10:36 AM, madmartigan said:

One thing I learned from Gary Andersen 2.0.. you can't come home again. I was telling @4UNLVand @halfmanhalfbroncoI'd be so frustrated as a SUDS fan that you seemingly can't find a QB that can consistently complete a forward pass when there have got to be a dozen worthy recruits in your backyard. 

The vomit is for this programs inability to recruit a MW level QB.

Good defense and Special Teams play make the difference in close games, but you still have to have the ability to score.

Americans Mayor

On 10/1/2022 at 11:00 AM, Spaztecs said:

Good defense and Special Teams play make the difference in close games, but you still have to have the ability to score.

Gee, you think it might have some to do with SDSU’s reputation forever as a run first program? That’s no excuse not to find a good QB, but it doesn’t exactly help. The Aztecs need a true dual threat. Every G5 should have a dual threat and have some of the Pistol in their offense. A defense should always have to be kept honest that the QB can take off and run well at any moment.

kat.jpg

On 9/30/2022 at 11:42 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Brady Hoke is better long term. Rocky gets you to a good level, but hits a ceiling. Stop crying. Every school has an ebb and flow except for maybe an Alabama. 

Not sure how you could say Hoke is better long term at this point.  I get your point on Rocky but Hoke needs to show more.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:15 PM, Wyobraska said:

Not sure how you could say Hoke is better long term at this point.  I get your point on Rocky but Hoke needs to show more.

Brady Joke has never stuck around nor lasted long enough to have a long term trend. 

Unfortunately, we are stuck with him for another season.

Americans Mayor

On 10/1/2022 at 1:09 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Gee, you think it might have some to do with SDSU’s reputation forever as a run first program? That’s no excuse not to find a good QB, but it doesn’t exactly help. The Aztecs need a true dual threat. Every G5 should have a dual threat and have some of the Pistol in their offense. A defense should always have to be kept honest that the QB can take off and run well at any moment.

Burmeister is a dual threat. Unfortunately, he had his bell rung twice in two weeks. Three games. His playing days may be over

Americans Mayor

On 10/1/2022 at 3:45 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I said a good dual threat. 

The problem on the G5 level is finding true dual threats.  Guys like Kaep or Alex Smith rarely come around.  You get guys that are great athletes and have accuracy/decision making issues and it really makes your offense one dimensional.  

On 9/30/2022 at 10:42 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Brady Hoke is better long term. Rocky gets you to a good level, but hits a ceiling. Stop crying. Every school has an ebb and flow except for maybe an Alabama. 

As a UNLV fan I can say with certainty that every school does not have an ebb and flow.  Football has sucked here for all but 5 or 6 years over a 40 year span.  No ebb just flow over here.

I voted in the poll for Hoke, but honestly as head coaches they are both limited. Rocky is an upper tier DC and a fine but limited head coach. Hoke is a good DLine coach and is a fine head coach if he hires great coordinators and supporting staff. In Hokes first stint at SDSU I loved his energy, confidence, and his coordinator choices. In his second stint he seems tired, burned out, and maybe a little angry. At least, that is the way he comes off. Hoke doesn't come off as someone who is happy in his job. He seems bitter. 

The student athletes deserve better. It shouldn't take 3 years to change the OC when results are that bad. That said, Hoke's DC seems to be up to the task. Just hire a hotshot OC and Hoke's job should be much easier and a lot more fun (i.e. winning). 

Hoke is probably the better head coach overall but you have to know to pull the trigger early on getting rid of him.  Like 3 seasons max.

The problem with Hoke is he's a retread.  I hate retreads.  See: Tedford.   Go somewhere else. Retreads suck most of the time.  Never as good as the first time through.

On 9/30/2022 at 11:06 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

It was time for Rocky to leave SDSU and he should never be a head coach again because he's clueless about what kinds of offense are now needed to win championships.

As to Hoke, if he isn't already on the hot seat, given that he doesn't have even one good QB on his roster and SDSU's administration has a brand new stadium to pay off, his seat will likely have red hot coals under it in two months time.

Norvell might be available by then!

On 10/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, Spaztecs said:

Burmeister is a dual threat. Unfortunately, he had his bell rung twice in two weeks. Three games. His playing days may be over

Next Man Up.

uncle-rico-picture.jpg.4da1fff8dd1f9633d57f57cb13677744.jpg

Rocky is definitely a better HC however i think some of the issues we are seeing now we were headed towards with Rocky. Keep in mind that we did win 12 games last year in a very rocky long type way, toughness/close games/dominant defense. I think SDSU should look for a completely different style HC but they aren’t firing hoke anytime soon. 

On 10/4/2022 at 2:04 AM, sdsuphilip4 said:

. I think SDSU should look for a completely different style HC but they aren’t firing hoke anytime soon. 

Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco

Americans Mayor

On 10/1/2022 at 12:00 PM, Spaztecs said:

Quit rolling the dice on P5 rejects.