Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Week 5 MWC

Three days of action from Thursday p.m. to Saturday p.m.  With three networks to boot.  Here goes from my rudimentary tale of the final tape.

• ESPN normal Thursday night Utah State at BYU.  It's a wonderful teaser.  It is.  Can Utah State tap their inner salt and peppa vibe and Push It?  prolly not.

• San Diego State at Boise State Friday night FS1,  I used to believe very much in both of these squads but lately I dunno what to believe.  Let's just call this a semi-boring Iowa game hosting up FCS in a baseball score.  Technically abstain.

• UNM at UNLV Friday night late time.  CBSSN.  P-a-r-t-y  T-i-m-e  I-n V-e-g-a-s.  Not for lobos.  Go Rebs!

• Navy hosting up Air Force in Annapolis.  It's a basic fly over over the eastern seaboard for Fly.  Navy is terrible with a hapless win over East Carolina last Saturday in OT.  Delaware beat Navy in Maryland.  Fly will crush em. 

• Jake Haener in Connecticut.  U Conn by a landslide.  Ooops, it's not quite ladies hoops season yet.  My bad.  Fresno and Jake to take it easy in New England proper, win, and perhaps do some offshore fishing Atlantic Ocean style.  Fresno over U Conn by a very healthy margin.  Enjoy the NE vacay time,  Fresno.  Explore the Atlantic Ocean up close in your off time. 

• San Jose State hosting up Wyoming.  Wyoming without qualification at all.

Napping this week are Nevada, Hawai'i (always napping), and 0-4 Colorado State enjoying a ton of vicodin with fellow hapless comrade Colorado norm

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 9/26/2022 at 9:13 PM, Coog kev said:

• Jake Haener in Connecticut.  U Conn by a landslide.  Ooops, it's not quite ladies hoops season yet.  My bad.  Fresno and Jake to take it easy in New England proper, win, and perhaps do some offshore fishing Atlantic Ocean style.  Fresno over U Conn by a very healthy margin.  Enjoy the NE vacay time,  Fresno.  Explore the Atlantic Ocean up close in your off time. 

• San Jose State hosting up Wyoming.  Wyoming without qualification at all.

Napping this week are Nevada, Hawai'i (always napping), and 0-4 Colorado State enjoying a ton of vicodin with fellow hapless comrade Colorado norm

No jake, Fresno will rely on our back up Fife, but looked solid against USC in garbage time. Only had one incompletion during that game. But UCONN is barely a FBS team so we shouldn’t have any trouble on the east coast. 

9290C90B-F5F2-4A93-85D1-D67DAADF416F.jpeg

On 9/26/2022 at 10:13 PM, Coog kev said:

Navy hosting up Air Force in Annapolis.  It's a basic fly over over the eastern seaboard for Fly.  Navy is terrible with a hapless win over East Carolina last Saturday in OT.  Delaware beat Navy in Maryland.  Fly will crush em. 

You might want to change your pick a bit with this. I do think Air Force wins but the majority of these games where the Service Academies play regardless of records end up as slobber knockers/close contests.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:13 PM, Wyovanian said:

3 way money line parlay- San Diego State, Middle Tennessee state (home 'dog), and Wyoming (home 'dog). Pays over 14 to 1.

Wyoming is a home dog? I thought you guys were favored by 1 or so over us. 

Shows how much attention I pay to the lines. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:13 PM, Coog kev said:

It's a crying shame that CU and CSU no longer play each other annually because this year's game pitting a moveable object against its stoppable force rival would figure to have been a pillow fight of epic proportions.

On 9/27/2022 at 3:16 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

It's a crying shame that CU and CSU no longer play each other annually because this year's game pitting a moveable object against its stoppable force rival would figure to have been a pillow fight of epic proportions.

It would have been like watching the old bum fights videos