Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

The G5 Rep in the Cotton Bowl

What a mish mash of things right outta the gate.  I thought the MWC would do better, nope.  I thought the AAC would do better, nope.  The Sunbelt is temporarily what it's all about in the G5 world for the Cotton, prior to them beating up on each later.  At least it will not be hapless MAC.  Could be outside chance CUSA. 

It really is totally up for grabs in the Cotton Bowl.  With its pay day and the NY6.  Who knows. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 9/26/2022 at 10:50 PM, Coog kev said:

What a mish mash of things right outta the gate.  I thought the MWC would do better, nope.  I thought the AAC would do better, nope.  The Sunbelt is temporarily what it's all about in the G5 world for the Cotton, prior to them beating up on each later.  At least it will not be hapless MAC.  Could be outside chance CUSA. 

It really is totally up for grabs in the Cotton Bowl.  With its pay day and the NY6.  Who knows. 

The aac is very much still in it, though your school isn’t.  It’ll be either Coastal or an aac team.  Coastal will have to go undefeated.  Same ole same ole.  

No squad from the G5 is gonna make it to the Cotton Bowl facing likely USC or similar without maybe 2 losses including CCG game winner requirement.  The odds are difficult.  Let's take a look around at the best chances:

• Undefeated James Madison Sunbelt.  The Sunbelt is studly.  The away game at Louisville will crush them.  That and some other sunbelt team.  Or maybe not.  Too early to tell aside from at Louisville.

• Appy State is sorta still in the mix given the win at Texas A&M, but probably not.

• Coastal Carolina has down slate matters to deal with later, even though they have a goose egg in their loss column.

• Marshall's 15 minutes of fame over Notre Dame are over. 

• The best of chances from MWC remains Air Force.   The Wyoming loss is not disqualifying at all.  IF Air Force wins out decisively from here on out in grand style, fly goes to the Cotton Bowl in my opinion.

• The AAC will beat up on each other too much and the CCG will not matter.  When does hoops season finally arrive in AAC?  In about 2 months.

Air Force to the Cotton Bowl if the stars are right and wouldn't dig that?  Fly goes to Arlington twice this year.  First time over Army for the CIC trophy in waiting and then again over the maybe Trojans of USC. 

Fly, Air Force, Fly. 

On 9/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, Coog kev said:

No squad from the G5 is gonna make it to the Cotton Bowl facing likely USC or similar without 2 losses including CCG game winner requirement.  The odds are difficult.  Let's take a look around at the best chances:

• Undefeated James Madison Sunbelt.  The Sunbelt is studly.  The away game at Louisville will crush them.  That and some other sunbelt team.  Or maybe not.  Too early to tell aside from at Louisville.

• Appy State is sorta still in the mix given the win at Texas A&M, but probably not.

• Coastal Carolina has down slate matters to deal with later, even though they have a goose egg in their loss column.

• The best of chances from MWC remains Air Force.   The Wyoming loss is not disqualifying at all.  IF Air Force wins out decisively from here on out in grand style, fly goes to the Cotton Bowl in my opinion.

• The AAC will beat up on each other too much and the CCG will not matter.  When does hoops season finally arrive in AAC?  In about 2 months.

Air Force to the Cotton Bowl if the stars are right and wouldn't dig that?  Fly goes to Arlington twice this year.  First time over Army for the CIC trophy in waiting and then again over the maybe Trojans of USC. 

Fly, Air Force, Fly. 

I don't think James Madison is bowl eligible this year because of their jump

AFA has a good chance if they can rebound and Wyoming gets a couple of losses

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

The Tulane, despite their fantastic win over Kansas State at Kansas State last weekend, lost to lowly Southern Miss on Saturday, hosting.  Had they won on Saturday, I would have believed..esp with Kansas State taking down Boomer in Norman.  Friday night the Tulane comes to my squad on ESPN.  I do not know what the Vegas lines are at all re that ones, but always take the points against Coogs. Winner winner re all that. 

Of course I wanna win over the Tulane.  I'm just glad its Friday night fare.  Scribing of which, next Friday night has some good match ups.

• Houston hosting up the Tulane

• UTSA at Miami beating Middle Tennessee

• Aztecs at Boise

• Washington at UCLA

all of which is preceded by BYU hosting up Utah State the night before...yawn ish.  Or is it not?  Who knows, things happen.  In the end methinks we are all in for a very wild ride this year on the gridiron. 

(p.s. called Texas Tech over Texas in Lubbock and called it Aggy over Arkansas in a wonderful wild game). 

Theoretically, if SJSU wins out, they could also have a chance. Their only loss would be by 1 score vs an SEC team.

It's unlikely though since we're going to beat each other up in-conference and probably end up with a 2-3 loss champ.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:52 PM, idkk said:

Theoretically, if SJSU wins out, they could also have a chance. Their only loss would be by 1 score vs an SEC team.

It's unlikely though since we're going to beat each other up in-conference and probably end up with a 2-3 loss champ.

Shh. It's better if they don't talk about us at this point.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, Coog kev said:

No squad from the G5 is gonna make it to the Cotton Bowl facing likely USC or similar without maybe 2 losses including CCG game winner requirement.  The odds are difficult.  Let's take a look around at the best chances:

Fly, Air Force, Fly. 

JMU’s not eligible. Stupid, stupid rule 

On 9/26/2022 at 9:54 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The aac is very much still in it, though your school isn’t.  It’ll be either Coastal or an aac team.  Coastal will have to go undefeated.  Same ole same ole.  

Yeah, I would have to put my money on Cincy right now.  It looks like their only loss might end up being to a ranked Arkansas team on the road.

On 9/27/2022 at 1:53 PM, fsdog07 said:

There's no reason to think Fresno isn't still a possibility.  Go 11-2 with losses only to Oregon State and USC... depending on what happens elsewhere... not unimageable.  

2 losses will probably be hard to overcome.  There will be some 0 or 1 loss teams probably 

There's no reason to think Fresno isn't still a possibility.  Go 11-2 with losses only to Oregon State and USC... depending on what happens elsewhere... not unimageable.  

But who would they have beaten? There are no good wins in the MW.

Oooffff!!!

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

On 10/1/2022 at 11:44 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Here’s the thing; the AAC is going to beat each other up. Best case scenario for an MWC team (and obviously I want my Broncos to run the table), would be for James Madison to win the Sun Belt and the AAC winner to have two or three losses.

Disagree.  I think Fickell has turned Cincinnati into the G5 version of a program that reloads instead of rebuilds.  When he turned down the MSU job and kinda turned down the ND job (refused to leave his team before the season was over), that sent a real message to recruits that other G5 programs haven't been able to send since when Peterson was at Boise.